Clear All

• "I asked Lee Corso what he thought of this game and he said, "Eh, Fuck It!"

HEH!

Comment

• I
      Owe (the)
      World (an)
      Apology

I know .. I had to add a couple words .. it still works ...
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally Posted by :
        Nebraska shafted by Groza voters again

Brett Maher was not named a finalist for the Groza Award on Monday.
        Nebraska kicker Brett Maher was not named a finalist for the Groza award, but when you break down his numbers compared to the other finalists he's clearly the best candidate at this point.

Of the top nine semifinalists, nobody has missed a kick less than 29 yards. Maher is just one two of the top nine finalists who have not missed from under 40 yards and he's the only candidate that has not missed from under 50 yards.

All three of Maher's misses have been from over 50 yards, but he's also only one of three finalists that have made multiple kicks from 50 yards or longer.

Then you add up his kickoff average of 67.4 yards, and he's only one of three finalists with an average of over 67 yards. Maher also leads the Big Ten with 17 punts of 50 yards or longer, he's placed 20 punts inside the 20 yard line and he's had just two touchbacks on the season.

It's really a shame that neither Maher or Alex Henery were never finalists for the Groza award, despite the seasons they had in 2010 and 2011.
        Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• USC lost to Cal Poly by the score of 42-36. Maybe not such a solid win after all. Heh

Comment

• Maher will be kicking for some lucky NFL team on Sundays very soon, and will make several million dollars doing so. The kid is an excellent kicker. I'm glad the game didn't come down to a FG attempt by him.

When he becomes successful in the NFL, he can tell them where to stuff their "Groza" award ....
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He's the best kicker I've seen all season. It looked like that FG he hit against us he could have made from 60 yrds out.

Comment

• Shatel: Pelini's NU outlook seems partly cloudy

There's a change of weather in Nebraska. You could sense it on Monday at Bo Pelini's weekly press conference.
                The tenor was different. The questions sharper, more pointed. They reflect the general mood in Husker Nation. People want answers. The honeymoon for Bo Pelini is over, if it wasn't before this season. The direction of the marriage is now the hot topic.

Anyway, Pelini was asked about the state of his program near the end of his fourth year, and he said he was "proud of where it is right now." When pressed about what he was proud of, Pelini said the program was better than when he found it, which is true. Then he talked about academics and players who represent the state the right way.
                That was an amazing answer from Pelini, a no-nonsense, no-excuses guy. Before this season, Pelini said, "I don't ever look at (a season) being a success if you don't win a championship."
                Are the standards dropping here? Or is Bo, like any coach, defending his turf when the critics poke?

cont..

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                    He's the best kicker I've seen all season. It looked like that FG he hit against us he could have made from 60 yrds out.
                    I agree...the puzzling thing is the last kicker we had was the best in the nation for two years straight and didn't make the Groza Award finalists. Dude was a consensus All American in 2010, and doesn't make the Groza's list of the three best PKs?

Does not compute.

Comment

• Well, as far as the state of Nebraska football goes, I always welcome the suffering of another B10 team's fans.

I'm not a believer in the notion that a conference needs a lot of strong teams.

F'em.

I'd like to see the conference become, once again, the Big Two (minus the cheaters at osu) and the rest of them
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Congratulations to the Husker volleyball team!

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Can we call the Nebraska Iowa game the "Corn Bowl"???
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'd prefer we didn't call it anything. This league is over-infatuated with tradition.

Comment

• Personally, I love the rich tradition of the Heroes Game and all those classic Big Ten battles between Nebraska and Iowa. I get chills recalling great games from this series' past.

Comment

Working...
                                X