No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stan is obviously one of the smartest Michigan fans.
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• last 50 years of football:

1 Nebraska 0.78969 480 126 5 611
      2 Ohio State 0.75483 425 135 9 569
      3 Oklahoma 0.74456 440 148 9 597
      4 Penn State 0.73946 437 153 3 593
      5 Alabama 0.72813 422 156 5 583
      6 Michigan 0.72743 422 155 10 587
      7 Texas 0.72720 427 158 7 592
      8 Southern Cal 0.72375 413 153 15 581
      9 Florida 0.69295 408 178 10 596
      10 Florida State 0.69211 397 173 13 583
      11 Georgia 0.68834 400 177 15 592
      12 Notre Dame 0.68394 392 179 8 579
      13 Tennessee 0.68289 400 182 14 596
      14 Auburn 0.67723 391 184 9 584
      15 LSU 0.66299 384 192 13 589
      16 Miami-Florida 0.65948 381 196 3 580
      17 Brigham Young 0.65781 394 204 4 602
      18 Arkansas 0.65188 377 199 10 586
      19 Arizona State 0.63549 361 206 5 572
      20 Virginia Tech 0.63081 363 211 7 581

Comment

• What Osborne did at Nebraska was tremendous.

Comment

• Its going to be difficult for Nebraska to have sustained success in basketball, they'll need a really good coach to succeed. No idea who their coach is, entropy?

Comment

• Doc Sadler.

Nebraska fans don't expect sweet 16, but they want to be tourney borderline every year or almost every year.

Comment

• Tournament? I'd settle for not being a suck-ass, bore of a team.

Comment

• "There is no reason for any UM fan to like Osborne. Even if he gets some things right. Shame on you, Stan."

Osborne isn't responsible for the 97 split championship. He didn't grovel for it like Meyer did after the 2007 season. Osborne brought Nebraska into the Big Ten and no conference did better in the realignment battle than us. We got a quality program that has and will create great rivalries. Would you rather be the Big East whoring for any team that is willing to join a sinking ship? Osborne showed nothing but the greatest class as both a coach and as an AD. Think of the crap that Smith has created at OSU. I always liked Nebraska since I was a kid and I'm now in my 60's.

Comment

• Tournament? I'd settle for not being a suck-ass, bore of a team.
                  Heh. Baby steps. They were a bit overmatched by OSU. It'll be interesting to see how they fare in Lincoln. Actually, it almost certainly won't. Unless 59-42 games are interesting. Uggh.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Congrats Huskers!!! Indiana's losing streak continues!

Comment

• Go Big Red!!!!!

Comment

• ... any given night ...
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Amazing what can happen when you score more than 40 points.

Comment

• I have nothing against the Hoosiers but I was really pulling for the Huskers last night. Joining the B1G is going to result in a measurable improvement in all their sports IMO. A win-win situation for all concerned.

Comment

• This is really a story about Nebraska fans...

Fumble Not on Craig's List of Bad Memories

A story published Tuesday in the San Jose Mercury News is getting re-distributed to Husker fans across the country, and it focuses on one play: A Roger Craig fumble against the New York Giants that cost the San Francisco 49ers a fourth Super Bowl championship for the ex-Husker I-back and his teammates. Now 51, Craig is the vice president of business development for Tibco Software Inc., in Palo Alto, Calif. According to the Mercury News, "Craig's name is sure to come up this week, with the 49ers needing a victory over New York on Sunday to reach Super Bowl XLVI."

Well, the most interesting fact in the story doesn't make Craig's List of Bad Memories. His fumble was the last time he carried the ball for the 49ers, ending what the Mercury News accurately describes as a career worthy of Hall-of-Fame consideration. "It's just one play," said Craig, a four-time Pro Bowl player. "That's part of the game. It wasn't meant to be. Joe (Montana) got hurt. The defense couldn't stop them ... there's never one play where you win or lose. You win or lose as a team."

Spoken like a true gentleman who played for football fans who understand that simple truth, even if it is a concept that seems to escape those who cover and watch pro football. "Let's be honest here," Craig told me. "There aren't any fans anywhere that compare to Nebraska football fans. I mean, I played on three Super Bowl-winning teams, and there hasn't been one stadium or one crowd anywhere that compares to a Nebraska football crowd that shows up every Saturday to fill the house.

"Nebraska has the best game-day atmosphere in football - college or pro," Craig told me. "They support you whether you're up or down, and they treat the opposing team with more respect than any fans in America. I grew up dreaming of playing in Memorial Stadium, and all I can tell the players who are there now is enjoy it while you're there, and create your own legacy because you'll never experience anything like it the rest of your life.

"Nebraska lived up to everything I thought it was, but the older I get, the more I realize what made Nebraska more special than anyplace else - it was the fans," Craig said. "To hear that cheer when you come out of the locker room ... oh my gosh. Other stadiums are not like Nebraska. I've played all over the world and all over the NFL. I've played in London, and I've played in Japan. No one compares. Who else besides Nebraska would put 50,000 in the Rose Bowl or take 40,000 to Hawaii?"

Craig will never forget the 30,000 Nebraska fans who attended the USC game in LA in 2006. "When I got up to leave," he said, "several thousand fans started chanting my name. I couldn't believe it. I'd been gone from Nebraska for 25 years!

"I get goose bumps just thinking about how loyal Nebraska football fans really are," Craig said. "I lived for that cheer, and I still cherish that cheer. Nebraska fans will go anywhere in the world to support their team. I tell my friends here in the Bay Area that if someone ever decided to play a game on Mars, I know Nebraska fans would find a way to get up there and watch it."

Comment

• Originally posted by UMStan White View Post
                                "There is no reason for any UM fan to like Osborne. Even if he gets some things right. Shame on you, Stan."

Osborne isn't responsible for the 97 split championship. He didn't grovel for it like Meyer did after the 2007 season. Osborne brought Nebraska into the Big Ten and no conference did better in the realignment battle than us. We got a quality program that has and will create great rivalries. Would you rather be the Big East whoring for any team that is willing to join a sinking ship? Osborne showed nothing but the greatest class as both a coach and as an AD. Think of the crap that Smith has created at OSU. I always liked Nebraska since I was a kid and I'm now in my 60's.
                                No, he sent Scott Frost to pull that shit. It was remarkably inappropriate. Carr's a complex character, but if you want to know what character and class looks like in that exact scenario, look at your own school's coach. That era may be done, and, yes, Nebraska's a good addition to the conference and the reputation of their fanbase checks out IMO. Doesn't change reality that that '97 business was low-road behavior.

Comment

Working...
                                X