Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
    UNL is either going to close this class with a bang (they are favored or one of 2 for some studs) or they end on a wimper.

I was pretty confident over the weekend...
    Valentine would be a big "get" for us IMO, as we desperately need big-bodied DTs. I?ll set aside the fact that I have been railing on this for four years and our staff seems to have just figured it out...partially.

Besides him and Andrus Peat- and Valentine is not all that highly rated- I don?t really see much "bang potential" remaining. Second and third-tier players. We?re competing with Louisiana Tech for Alonzo Moore for crying out loud.

I like that we've got a good QB recruit in there, but we need at least one more. Like the WR from IL, and Seisay is a good find...but again, we need two like him. Needed to hit the JUCO ranks harder as well.

Comment

• I like Curry. Bigger guy who can move.
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Bigger? Curry is like 270 pounds. Good size for a freshman 3t...for other schools, who actually utilize their 3t as a 3t instead of a NG like we do.

Given our scheme, we shouldn't even be looking at anybody who isn't 285+ IMO.

Comment

Frost.. at 21.. was asked by the press who he thinks would win between Michigan and Nebraska. He answered. Not sure how that relates to TO. And I liked his answer, btw..

I'd fully expect the same question, if answered by a Michigan player, to be supportive of Michigan winning... however he phrased it. In fact, I recall a Michigan players saying they just won the NC after they beat the cougars in the rose bowl. They should feel proud of what they accomplished and should feel like they can beat anyone. They're competitive kids.

The only fanbase that should be upset recently is PSU... and their grudge is legit.
          Sorry I'm way late to the party on this, but if you acknowledge the PSU double-standard then the extrapolation from there is very easy. Your guys played it then like the SEC plays it now, and there should be no surprise that that is remembered that way here.

Nothing personal though. Linesman told me to like you and my strong desire is to be in compliance with all regulations here ( ), plus I enjoy getting fooled by the photoshopping. Nonetheless the board needs a Nebraska hater given all the history there to forget and/or remember.

Comment

• hack.. you don't have to like me... you just have to bow to me.

Comment

• Gimme another coupla weeks to complete the conversion to Buddhism, and then I can add you to the list.

Comment

• heh..

Now, I think UNL was better than both PSU and Michigan. That said, I would be shocked if PSU fans didn't feel PSU was better.. and Michigan fans didn't feel Michigan was better. That's just reality..

Splitting a title would have been the right call and it wouldn't have bothered me. That said, the fact that PSU didn't get a share was fine be me... or should I say, made me happy. I've never liked PSU. I was very pleased UNL is matched up with PSU annually. So did I personally rub it in to PSU fans... yea, I did. But it had nothing to do with fair and eveything to do with dislike of PSU.

Comment

• Entropy and Hoss are real bastards.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• You really want to continue? If so, bottom-line is that if PSU didn't share you shouldn't have either. But you played in all four phases of the game (offense, defense, special teams, press conferences) that year whereas UM played in only the on-the-field ones. Nebraska doesn't look like an SEC team today, but sure did in 97.

Comment

• Hack... Nebraska was better than the SEC in 97.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        Entropy and Hoss are real bastards.
                        I agree..

Comment

• You guys going to recruit like your in the Big XII or you going to have a strong finish?

Comment

Hack... Nebraska was better than the SEC in 97.
                            Yes. At their own game. :-)

Comment

• hack.. I respect your dedication to hating us. So no worries here..

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                                You guys going to recruit like your in the Big XII or you going to have a strong finish?

good question. it is a small class this year, so they need to finish strong.

Wednesday Announcements:
                                Aaron Curry - 7 AM CST - NEB, IA, and TCU
                                Alonzo Moore - After 9 AM CST - NEB, LT, NW St.
                                Vincent Valentine - 1 pm; NEB, Illinois, FLA
                                Devian Shelton - By 11 AM CST - NEB, UWash
                                Andrus Peat - 1235 PM CST - NEB, USC, Stanford
                                Raymond Ford - N/A; NEB, Cal, Utah

recent rumors are Valentine to Florida and Peat to stanford, but the Peat one doesn't make sense to me. His brother is at UNL and the parents get along with the coaches. I doubt they'd lead Nebraska on this long..

Comment

Working...
                                X