Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently you can comment if the recruit signs a financial aid agreement. Swinney was holding the financial aid agreement in his hand when he spoke.

Comment

• That still doesn't make any sense. You can sign financial aid agreements with any amount of schools.

Edit: Not saying you're wrong, would just be par for the course for the NCAA.

Comment

• It sounds like a gray area, they are allowed to comment but should the recruit go elsewhere it is possible the comment could be deemed a violation. But that isn't clear cut. The following link spells it out:

Clemson has the No. 3-ranked recruiting class for 2015, and more than half of its commitments, including a five-star lineman, signed financial-aid agreements with the Tigers on Friday, six months before signing day.

Comment

• The NCAA is ridiculous.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            The NCAA is ridiculous.

agree. I'd suggest they need more power, but the I doubt that power would go towards fair competition and benefiting the student athlete.
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• What all this talk regarding Dwayne Haskins?
              Monkeys don't sell bananas.

Comment

• We play Kentucky on Saturday. God help us.

Comment

• Christ has Tressel aged.

Is he still banned from interacting with young men on the field/locker room/showers?

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I get the part of Meyer hiring his drinking buddy Greg Schiano but for what other purpose, that remains a mystery?

Apparently Greg is heading out for NJ to "White Knight" the blown OSU presentation with Gary's mother. Less than a week on the job and suddenly he is an OSU Academics expert?

Whatever you do Greg, don't bring up your 68-67 coaching record at Rutgers or your brief NFL disaster as a Head Coach.
                    Tampa Bay:
                    2012 7- 9 .438
                    2013 4- 12 .250
                    Total 11-21 .344 Record

A Scarlet Knight from Rutgers, NJ steering a DT towards the Scarlet Knights of Columbus?

Got it.

Love this part:
                    "Gary's mother, Jennifer Coney, told Todderick Hunt of NJ.com that she wasn't pleased with Ohio State's academic presentation as part of the recruiting process.

It is now Schiano's goal to help Ohio State repair that.

"He wanted to know what to sell. I said the academics. I told him about the academic presentation I had from the school, and that we weren't happy with it," Coney told NJ.com. "And you don't get a second chance at an academic presentation when I know how serious academics are."

"He wanted to know what to sell. I said the academics. I told him about the academic presentation I had from the school, and that we weren't happy with it," Coney told NJ.com. "And you don't get a second chance at an academic presentation when I know how serious academics are."
                    Last edited by Prime2; December 17, 2015, 08:46 AM.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• OSU is obviously a sinking ship. Schiano is a disaster hire.

BTW, Prime, do you think Ohio State will go for 40+ for a 4th straight year against M? Really impressed with HARBAUGH!!!'s defense.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What all this talk regarding Dwayne Haskins?
                        Uh, they need a QB in this class.

Comment

• Oh, and Prime...get ready....not only will Walker pick M today, but I think OSU's best chance at an elite DT will go the way of Auburn as well....

...just another horribly dark day in the UFM era!

Comment

• I'm always wary when Talent predicts a player will go to M.
                            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Why, he's usually right.

Comment

• You're right, but I'm never sure if he's setting me up for disappointment.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X