Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rocky:

I think UFM had a number of challenges this season and he didn't do as good as job as he could have with some of them. His biggest mistake was obviously his handling of the QB situation. I think he wants to be an offense more geared toward Cardale Jones, but that's not what his best option was with this team. I think if Coach Herman was still their it would have been JTB from the jump -- that's his style of QB. And I think they would have kept to the things they do really well.

Another thing is that their schedule was so awful that they could basically afford to "work" things out through a series of scrimmages. If they had the schedule they have in 2016 I think they may have been more inclined to go with JTB. Even if they hadn't, having meaningful games spread throughout the schedule, IMO, keeps you sharp. UFM had a real uphill battle keeping his team sharp when they could show up and go 10-0.

The game against MSU was a coaching debacle on both sides of the ball. Now, Elliot was in the hospital early in that week with an infection and it didn't look like he could play. So that, combined with the weather, led to one of the most chickenshit offensive gameplans I've ever seen. Ohio State had handled far better MSU defenses in the past two seasons (winning 1, losing 1), but in that game they almost seemed to intentionally try to do shit that was utterly pussified. But, that still SHOULD have been enough. They scored 14. That should have won. But they played 6 in the box against a team with no viable passing threat. When MSU loaded up, they were always a man short in the box with a high safety. It was in-fucking-comprehensible.

So, I fault Urbs for his handling of the QBs and for the MSU game. I can forgive the latter more -- sometimes coaches have bad games. It happens. I'm sure M isn't too thrilled with the nonstop bludgeoning they took from the OSU run game. Some times you just lay an egg. Urbs is 50-4 and has won a national title, so I'll give him a pass on a bad game. On the QB decision, that I'm more willing to cast real blame.

Overall, IMO Ohio State was better than both OU and MSU. I'm not sure where they are against Bama or Clemson, but I'm fairly certain they're real close (I think they'd be favored against Clemson and maybe a ever so slight dog against Bama). It sucks that their stinker game cost them a shot at the CFP while OU and Bama both laid eggs and still got in...but, then again, OSU was total crap against VT last season...so...

Anyway, I'll never complain about 12-1. I can't imagine being that miserable of a fan to be pissed at 12-1. It is, at most, annoying.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Also, anyone with credible draft hopes (other than Elflein) is leaving. I'm talking the likes of Jalin Marshall. It'll be a mass exodus.

But, I really like the OL. I like JTB. Weber will start -- he would have played a lot this season if he didn't get dinged up. The WRs will be a mess.

Defensively, they basically played next year's starting DL against ND. McMillan anchors in the middle. Apple, Lee and Bell will all go. So they'll be green in the back 7.

Comment

• Mass exodus from Columbus sounds like a good plan.

Comment

• It's going to be a wild Big Ten East next year.

Comment

• They'll have some growing pains. Nearly everyone in the two-deep will be around in 2017.

HARBAUGH!!!!! should probably think about winning in Columbus next season if he doesn't want to match RichGOD and his 0-3 start against OSU.

Comment

• If I were an OSU fan, I would definitely look at this past season with a lot of "what if" regret. I would also be pissed at Urban for playing scared against MSU. OSU v.s. Bama, The Rematch, would have been a hell of a game.
              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yeah, that would have made the CFP.

Comment

• "Recruiting" news -- Kyle Allen is down to Houston or Ohio State. Will Herman snooker UFM? Allen would be a godsend with Haskins up in the air and OSU with a desperate need for a QB in this class.

Comment

• Sorry to see Meyer fuck over Cardle Jonez to the very end, didn't take the field?

Supposed he gets to load the team bus with equipment? Plenty of time for a midnight shanking before the plane home, I say.
                    "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                      It's going to be a wild Big Ten East next year.
                      It had better not be.

Comment

• You guys have a tough road schedule. State might be down but you know Urbz will be good.

Comment

• Don't give a shit. Home schedule is cupcake city.

No excuses next year.

None

Comment

• Or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Don't give a shit. Home schedule is cupcake city.

No excuses next year.

None
                              Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              Or what?
                              Ha!
                              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                                Or what?
                                Or whatever. I will be unsatisfied and unimpressed by anything less than a rivalry sweep next year. Do whatever you want with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X