Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.It is a real head-scratcher that OSU didn't win the B1G. Should have played Alabama for the National Championship.
    What? 11 players in the top 100 draft picks means they had a good team or something?

Awful weather, awful game-plan and just a bad game. Shit happens.

As I've said before, Alabama was a victim of some oddball bullshit against Ole Miss. They just were lucky enough to still make the SEC CG.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The weather was only bad on OSU's side of the field and thankfully MSU's backup QB didn't mind.

Oddball shit? Like Michigan's de facto win over MSU at home last fall?

First, morbidly obese Christie and now Urbie!

Kiddie Table.
      Of course Twitter was lively during the NFL Draft. We compiled some of the must-see Tweets regarding the five Ohio State players drafted in the first round.
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Correct. M's oddball "de facto" win against MSU cost OSU a national title. Such is life. At least Urbs managed to fluke out a win against HARBAUGH!!!!!

But, now they're stuck in HARBAUGH!!!!!'s SHADOW...and things are terrible. The entire NFL Draft was basically spent discussing Tunsil or HARBAUGH!!!!'s coaching clinic. Dark, dark days.

Comment

• Is there a difference between an Art Briles non-win and a de facto win?

Comment

• Beating MSU is no big whup.
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct.

Comment

• Tate Martell decommits from aTm opting to cut to the chase instead of prolong the inevitable. It's gotta be OSU or USC for him w/ Oregon in the mix.

Tyjon Lindsey is definitely interested in playing with Martell. Players are rarely ever true package deals, but if Martell ends up at a school Lindsey really likes then that's a plus.

As an aside, aTm is trainwreck at the moment. Couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fuckwads.

Comment

• What is that WR coach doing? Pretty much picking fights with recruits on Twitter. Wish someone at OSU would be that dumb, but these guys are in the mix for runner up.

Comment

• Heh. That's small potatoes. He's an idiot -- but he knew Martell was his only and last "in" to pull Lindsey.

The bigger question is what the F is going on at aTm....how many highly regarded QBs are going to leave your program/decommit? I don't think Sumlin will be around much longer.

Comment

• Also, Witfong put in CBs for both Martell and Lindsey to OSU. I rate CBs are almost entirely trash, but I do generally pay attention to Witfong as well as the right "insiders" making predictions about their team's recruits. That said, Martell's decommitment comes on the same day he was visited by OSU -- which I think was entirely coincidental -- but which I also think someone could use as a basis for a CB.

It's interesting...there's a feeling OSU could get Kellen Mond today if they really pushed. Mond is #104 and #4 Dual, so that's a nice get. But I guess they're still chasing Martell -- and he has all the markings of a NLOID drama queen. Meanwhile, Danny Clark, who has been committed since he was a freshman and who sports a giant block "O" on his arm, may be asked to grayshirt - and that would likely precipitate tattoo removal. Recruiting in 2016!

But -- they really need 2 QBs in this class, IMO..
                      Last edited by iam416; May 5, 2016, 07:35 AM.

Comment

• STFU
                        Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Talent, hope that metal plate in your skull is made of Valyrian steel, your entire world is about to get flipped on its head come November 26th.
                          Last edited by Prime2; May 5, 2016, 02:38 PM.

Comment

• Yer dumb.
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "Raindrops Keep fallin' on Meyer's head...

Urban Meyer is one of the nation's top recruiters, but even one of the best makes mistakes. Bruce Judson, a four-star athlete from the 2017 class, decommitted from the Buckeyes after he claimed the Ohio State head coach didn't recognize him when he was in the team facility. Judson told Zach Abolverdi of SEC Country that he was walking with another recruit, Richard LeCounte, when Meyer failed to recognize him.Long story short, I was walking in the hallway about to go to the indoor field and work out. He was like, 'Hey.' I looked around. 'Come here.' He was like, 'How you doing, you like your visit?' I said, 'Yeah.' Then he's like, 'What up Richard LeCounte? Are you showing this guy (Judson) around?' I was like, 'Coach, I'm showing him around.' He asked me, 'Who are you?' I told him Bruce. He said, 'Oh, Bruce Judson from Florida. The speedy guy.' I was like, 'Yeah.' He said, 'I'm glad that you're on board and glad you got up here.' After that, I knew I was de-committing.Judson has yet to pick another school, but Meyer will certainly hope he doesn't end up haunting the Buckeyes for years at another Big Ten program.- With h/t to College Football Talk

Comment

• Don't know how they recover from that.

Comment

Working...
                                X