Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    Unfortunately for them, I think they are, Jeff.

They're already talking about making all this a "rallying point" for the team this year. They feel they've been dealt with unjustly, and now "somebody is going to pay".

Even with all this, they still don't get it.

They may never get it. They are so manically focused on scoreboard results, that nothing else matters.
    Well, fine ...... let them keep thinking that way. There is nothing more painful than suffering the consequences of denying the reality and ultimate impact of unethical conduct ..... cheating to get ahead. It pays in the short term but our American culture abbhors that and cheaters usually get exposed in the end.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
      I don't know, but whatever it is works pretty good, no?

If any shenanigans were going on it Michigan, it would have been found back in 2009. Between a journalist with an axe to grind and a gold mine of disgruntled players, we couldn't have gotten away with somebody getting a free Happy Meal.
      Plenty of journalists were digging around our program for years and never came up with the tattoo parlor stuff until now, despite it apparently going on since 2002. The absence of discovering anything isn't proof you're doing a good job as our example shows. I just don't think truly policing this is all that possible.

Comment

• I think a lot depends on the players themselves, Strangelove.

Not intending to slap your players around more, but why does Terrelle Pryor feel that he needs to be driving around brand new cars? Why do your guys so willingly give up the gold pants they are awarded for beating Michigan? Why do they sell their jerseys, and other memorabilia? Is it "just to get pizza and soda money", or is there something else going on? What DOES Ohio State's compliance officer do? Does he put the fear of the Almighty into them, when he explains NCAA rules, or is it just a passing thought?

I'm not trying to pile on here, I just think that these are pertinent questions.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well and that's probably the best way to prevent it liney, the personalities of the players themselves. Because otherwise I don't think any school really has a mechanism to prevent it. Maybe some will punish more harshly for violations, but that's reaction not prevention.

Comment

• It may be reaction, but if Tressel had acted swiftly and suspended the Tat 5 for a few games last year, I suspect all of this would have never happened. Most of the anger was that he knowingly played ineligible players, thus pretty much making a mockery of the NCAA.

Comment

• And that's the main point here.

If Tressel would have at least reported IMMEDIATELY what he was told, then took action with the players, none of this would be going on right now. It would be like a fart in a hurricane.

Comment

• Like I said, I think David Brandon is very serious about compliance, and I'd be surprised if anyone associated with the Michigan program isn't clear on that.
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Someone (messner?) told a story about how he had no socks so he took a pair of practice socks. The equipment manager took him to task for taking the socks and made him return them. It was an improper benefit.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Yep, it's the culture, and it begins with the person at the top.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
                      Someone (messner?) told a story about how he had no socks so he took a pair of practice socks. The equipment manager took him to task for taking the socks and made him return them. It was an improper benefit.
                      That would be Jon Falk. He's been the equipment manager for decades.

Comment

• Chris Spielman would have been a good Michigan Man. He gets it.

http://http://www.detnews.com/article/20110531/SPORTS0203/105310392/1361/Ex-Lion-Chris-Spielman-has-strong-message-for-college-athletes

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X