Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EFZ
    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yes...fuck OSU!

Everyone else (plus Paul S): Hi!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob F View Post
        Yes...fuck OSU!
        amen.. oiho can suck it for all I care. I wished they'd remained undefeated so we could have punched them in the mouth but its nice to see them bleed.

last years draft was rough on them and its definitely showed the last few weeks. Time for Harbaugh to continue his college football dominance and administering payback asswhoopins.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I have a lot of confidence in how Lewis and Stribbling are going to play v that sort of throw. He's going to have tight windows 20 yards out and I'm not sure he's good enough with those throws nor are his receivers going to beat M's coverage
          I'm actually fairly sure of the outcome. It's not happening. OSU has dropped off from NFL caliber WRs over the past 2-3 seasons to mediocre B10 WRs. They just can't create separation and no one scares any defense. So, it's really easy to put OSU into a phone booth, and that's the only way you beat them.

M will do that. It's going to be critical for OSU's defense to play its best game of the season if they want to stay in that game. I really don't see OSU scoring more than 17 against M.

I knew the day would eventually come, and this season couldn't have set up better for M, with M returning every one and OSU losing every one. I wish I could fast-forward to 2017 when I'll be back to feeling like OSU will horsewhip everyone, but, alas, I must suffer through the inevitable loss.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I hear you brother. Ha

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
              psu DB grabs his arm or that is a catch possibly TD at least first down at the 16 yard line.
              I agree it was pass interference, but in college football that is a 15 yard penalty at most. So it would have been a first down, but the Buckeyes would have still been on their own side of the 50 yard line.

Comment

• I think they were out to their own 45. The two sacks pushed them back to the 30.

In any event, the call didn't cost them game.

Comment

• It shouldn't have come down to it, OSU was in control of that game. It reminded me of the upset of the century when Bill Burke defeated the #1 ranked Buckeyes in Columbus. Are we sure John Cooper wasn't patrolling the sidelines?

Comment

• Yes, he still coaches 1-game a season for the Buckeyes.

Comment

• It would explain a lot.

Comment

• The 1998 Sparty meltdown really only had 1 inexplicable play -- the punt that tail-dragged and hit Nate Clements in the back to set the stage for the disastrous final 18 minutes. And Sparty was sort of in that game all the way. Damon Moore's long TD return made it 24-9, but it was closer than the score.

The Penn State debacle required a series of implausible events. I mean take the blocked punt -- the dude is blocked, not particularly closet blocking it -- sticks his hand out and Johnston's punt hooks a little back toward the guy and somehow catches his hand. The blocked FG is an absolute perfect bounce to a fast guy. And I'm not even getting into how on earth a team that was stymied the vast majority of the game goes 90 yards in 5 plays.

I appreciate the analogy. It's not terrible, but IMO, the PSU loss was considerably more miraculous. Sparty caught one break then beat OSU as they Cooper'd.

Comment

• shaddup
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            The 1998 Sparty meltdown really only had 1 inexplicable play -- the punt that tail-dragged and hit Nate Clements in the back to set the stage for the disastrous final 18 minutes. And Sparty was sort of in that game all the way. Damon Moore's long TD return made it 24-9, but it was closer than the score.

The Penn State debacle required a series of implausible events. I mean take the blocked punt -- the dude is blocked, not particularly closet blocking it -- sticks his hand out and Johnston's punt hooks a little back toward the guy and somehow catches his hand. The blocked FG is an absolute perfect bounce to a fast guy. And I'm not even getting into how on earth a team that was stymied the vast majority of the game goes 90 yards in 5 plays.

I appreciate the analogy. It's not terrible, but IMO, the PSU loss was considerably more miraculous. Sparty caught one break then beat OSU as they Cooper'd.
                            You're probably right on this, but I just had the same feeling after both games.

Comment

• Urban = Cooper?
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Correct. But with 3 titles. And no losses to M. And Coop lost 6 in his first season. Urbs won't lose 6 until tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X