Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One loss shouldn't rule you out like it did Ohio State last season; that one loss will sometimes decide the division...

Ohio State deserved in over Sparty last season as Ohio State was one of the top 4 teams last season. Sparty, as expected, was humiliated in CFP while Ohio State whooped Notre Dame in the Fiesta Bowl. Would've been a different story if PSU had beaten Pitt earlier in the season and/or Oklahoma had beat Houston.

CFP committee had it easy, there were only 4 one-loss or undefeated teams in the P5.

Comment

• There is no significance to the conference any more. Doesn't matter if you win it or not.

I don't think that you should get in if you don't win your conference, regardless of how it happens.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I see where you're coming from, but I think winning the conference is its own reward.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• There was nothing stopping OSU from winning.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
            I see where you're coming from, but I think winning the conference is its own reward.
            For some teams, maybe, but I think that OSU doesn't give a shit that they didn't win the conference.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I think they do.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Ok. Well give you the conference championship but keep them out of the playoff.

I'm sure that's what you would prefer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                  There is no significance to the conference any more. Doesn't matter if you win it or not.

I don't think that you should get in if you don't win your conference, regardless of how it happens.
                  You're right. The "conference championship" is just an extra game to make $$$$.

Wiscy has got it made being in the west- only hae to worry about middle of the road Iowa and nebraska teams...

Comment

• Yeah, it's hard to imagine a world where Alabama gets beat by Florida and doesn't make the playoff.

If championships were prerequisites, then, in theory they could have had to choose between PSU, Colorado, VT, Florida and OU. No thanks.

They still matter, of course. The CFP gave us a clue, too, by dropping OSU behind Clemson (comparable teams, I guess) and then rating PSU ahead of M. A championship can overcome a lot.

Comment

• UFM is 45-3 with more than a week to prepare. Unfortunately, he's 0-1 against Dabo with more than a week to prepare.

Comment

• Sadly, I think first principles of recruiting will carry the day with Trey Smith and he'll cast his lot with Butch.

Comment

• Which is silly if he looks to develop his skill set and play in the League. But it is optimal if that's where his heart is.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Very hard to overcome long-time favorites. He'll develop fine and end up in the NFL. He'll just lose a lot along the way.

Comment

• I don't know that he will develop fine. Tennessee has wasted more oline talent than any school I know of in the P5. I have never been impressed with Don Mahoney. Honestly think Butch should have fired him last year.

Comment

• Saban and Napier visited Trey today. Hopefully he will make the right choice for himself, freedom, America, justice, and all that is good and wholesome and come to Bama.

Comment

Working...
                                X