Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Ohio State's offense, IMO, is the key.
    If JTB's arm is as good as it's been in the last 3 games, his legs are just the cherry on top. osu can score points unlike M which is fielding an offense that is severely handicapped.

Brent Pry, PSU's DC is going to play osu way differently than he played M. That's because osu has a credible passing threat. Probably a lot more zone instead of C-2 which, I believe, he used extensively v. M. That plays into osu's O.

Frankly, I don't think PSU is as good as they looked v. M and M is not nearly as bad as they looked.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Penn State played us like Sparty. Game of the year for them. They'll have to overcome some letdown. Could very well come out flat. That said, they looked so good because Don Brown had his worst game as a Michigan coordinator.

Comment

• Ohio State has a running game that you have to respect. Dobbins, in particular, has real big play potential. In big games, UFM has shown a tendency to use JTB runs as his crutch. That's all well and good, but there is almost no big play potential there. Hopefully he sticks with his RBs and uses JTB to keep PSU honest.

That said, PSU is going to load up to stop the run. They should play zone behind that and force JTB to pick out the open guy. When he's looked really good they've been running tons of mesh routes and shorter stuff against man. I'd sit in a relatively short zone and make him beat you with 15-20 yard passes.

Now, PSU only has one pretty good edge rusher. Hopefully OSU can account for him or at least spend in the game in down and distances that don't let him get off. Prince was beaten like he stole something last year.

Defensively, I dunno. Hamilton is a really solid WR. Gesecki is a really difficult matchup. And then there's Barkley. OSU's LBs aren't as slow as McCray, but the last time they played an offense that diverse Mayfield completed something like 49 straight passes in the 2nd half.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It's a really good offense. PSU's no joke this year. But they'll be on the road, and hungover from treating Michigan like Sparty does. I'm confident OSU wins.

Comment

• Evil Empire 27 Other Evil Empire & Pedos 21
            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• OSU won't be deploying the Don Brown special kamikaze defense, the correct defense is been but don't break. Like Private James Ryan, PSU will have to earn their scores this week.

Comment

• The bucks just need to picture an "N" on the PSU helmets...that will do the trick...
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Don't be surprised if you see this pointless stat this week: UFM is 21-1 coming off of in-season bye weeks, and has won his last 20. That's all well and good, but those games weren't against Jimmy Ballgame Franklin and the McSorley-Barkley-Gesecki-Hamilton Starship of Doom. The last time he played NFL talent off the bye was in 2001, when he lost to Big Ben's mighty Redhawk squad.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Don't be surprised if you see this pointless stat this week: UFM is 21-1 coming off of in-season bye weeks, and has won his last 20. That's all well and good, but those games weren't against Jimmy Ballgame Franklin and the McSorley-Barkley-Gesecki-Hamilton Starship of Doom. The last time he played NFL talent off the bye was in 2001, when he lost to Big Ben's mighty Redhawk squad.
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The Ohio State alternate uniforms that they are wearing today are horrible. I'm not a fan of the heavy gray + black combination. Maybe if that black secondary color was swapped with scarlet, it'd be fine.
                      Nike designed those ugly Florida alternate uniforms too ... wtf.

... coming from someone that actually respects Ohio State's uniforms.
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I wonder what game will get better ratings? Michigan/Rutgers or this game?

Comment

• Fuckin Barkley

Comment

• We usually reserve these types of games for Michigan State. I think we'll lose to them or Iowa next week too

Comment

• Does your kicker suck that bad? Why not take the points last drive?

Comment

• I think we'll lose to them or Iowa next week too

I hate the early post of said team has lost already, long way to go ill call it a toss up at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X