Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Think, what happened with Georgia and Auburn today. REVENGE game."

OU v TCU REVENGE game!

Comment

• I think OSU gets in so that 4 different conferences will be represented. I'd put in Alabama because OSU has two losses, and one loss was a shit-kicker at the hands of Iowa.
      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        Clemson's offense wasn't the problem. And Bryant played the first half. And, most importantly, Bryant doesn't play defense. Syracuse housing Clemson's defense happened. It's wildly anomalous, but it happened.

And, oh by the way, Ohio State's QB was hurt on the road against a better team, too.

Fuck that excuse. Clemson is really good, but fuck that excuse.
        It is a legit excuse. If you can't move the ball, it changes the entire game.

The difference the the Wisconsin/OSU game was the fact that Wisconsin's QB is an plodding unathletic stiff.

Michigan's loses can be pinned direct on bad QB play.

Alabama beat FL State because the knocked their QB out for the season.

FL State went 6-6 because the had no QB.

A healthy JTB and the game last night would not even have been close. He looked as if he was about 3/4 speed.

The list goes on and on.

Not being able to make the play when you need to changes the entire game, and yes, it affects the defense.
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Clemson
          OU
          GA
          osu

The bucks are in unless the Committee thinks 2 SEC teams are among the 4 "best" CFB teams nationally. If conference champions tilt the decision, Bama is out. Simple.

There's no telling what the Committee will do. I can see it going either way. Resumes of bama and osu have similar +s and -s. Bama is hurt by losing to Auburn that got waxed by GA in the SEC CCG. osu is hurt by the Iowa loss. Bama is +'ed by one loss. osu is +'ed by conference champion and win over 12-0 Wisconsin.

If I'm on the committee, my line-up is as above.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• “We’re a conference champion and we deserve a shot.” - Urban Meyer

He was no doubt diminishing the conference championship as a reason last year when PSU beat him during the season and won the conference. Going to be interesting to see which of their favored coaches (Saban or Meyer) the committee chooses to leave out.
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• They don’t deserve it over OSU and Alabama, but I’d be more interested in watching USC in the playoff. I’ve got JT Barrett and Jalen Hurts designed runs fatigue.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                They don?t deserve it over OSU and Alabama, but I?d be more interested in watching USC in the playoff. I?ve got JT Barrett and Jalen Hurts designed runs fatigue.
                Why not. Two lossed on the road to top twenty teams one being ND (Georgia's big OOC win), Conference Champs, Marqee name.

Just as deserving as OSU. More so than Alabama
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Preach, brother. One day, and I hope that day is near, Ohio State will have an effective passing game. Not that I don't enjoy a good QB counter for 3 grinding yards. But, after seeing 500 of them, yes, yes I'm ready to move on.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• If I had to guess, I'd say:

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, OSU, USC, Auburn, Alabama. IMO, if they're putting in OSU, then the smartest thing they can do is put USC ahead of Alabama and say that it really wasn't between OSU/Bama as much as it was OSU/USC. Putting Auburn ahead of Alabama is just icing on the cake (and, let's be honest -- two of Auburn's losses are to top 3 teams).

That said, I'm about 50/50 on OSU or Alabama. Maybe 51/49. The above scenario is if they go with OSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                      “We’re a conference champion and we deserve a shot.” - Urban Meyer

He was no doubt diminishing the conference championship as a reason last year when PSU beat him during the season and won the conference. Going to be interesting to see which of their favored coaches (Saban or Meyer) the committee chooses to leave out.
                      Yeah, he has flipped back and forth between "you need to be a conference champ" and "you should take the best team". Can't really hold that against ufm, though. He's just lobbying for his team.
                      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Urbs didn't lobby much in 2015. Or at all.

Comment

• Last year was so bizarre. They had a huge problem. Ohio State was #2 going into the final regular season game. They beat #3. And then didn't play. Clemson jumped them by winning their CCG. But it was so hard for anyone else to do it. And Ohio State was 3-1 against Top 8 teams. Top 8. Including two road wins.

If Alabama had beaten Auburn and lost to Georgia then I think they're in without question.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            If I had to guess, I'd say:

Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia, OSU, USC, Auburn, Alabama. IMO, if they're putting in OSU, then the smartest thing they can do is put USC ahead of Alabama and say that it really wasn't between OSU/Bama as much as it was OSU/USC. Putting Auburn ahead of Alabama is just icing on the cake (and, let's be honest -- two of Auburn's losses are to top 3 teams).

That said, I'm about 50/50 on OSU or Alabama. Maybe 51/49. The above scenario is if they go with OSU.
                            I like th logic.

I'm 60/40 osu and that's because I have better perspective than you do. You're going to doubt osu chances because that's what fans do. I don't have that limitation.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Through the Saban years, we have been very fortunate with injuries, this year we weren't. Injuries, like weather and officiating, are just part of it. So, we limped, the last few weeks, to 11-0 and got kneecapped by Auburn to finish 11-1. Every team in the playoff has at least one loss, but our loss came at the wrong time to the wrong team with the wrong stakes in play.

The pity is we will have three of the four LBs back by the bowl. That plus having Pierschbacher back and Minkah, Payne and Hand healthy will be nice. But we will be on the outside looking in. That doesn't happen alot to Bama, but it will this year. And we have no legit beef. It's just the way it is.
                              "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally posted by CGVT View Post
                                Why not. Two lossed on the road to top twenty teams one being ND (Georgia's big OOC win), Conference Champs, Marqee name.

Just as deserving as OSU. More so than Alabama
                                PAC 12 gets an automatic .5 game deduction.

Comment

Working...
                                X