Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, and I think that's what they should do; Select who they think are the best 4 teams.

When this playoff was pushed through it was to end Alabama hegemony. They had the option of using the BCS formula, but many were convinced that was slanted toward the SEC somehow - so a committee was convened. Now that is tainted. So the only answer is to expand the playoff. And Jesus wept.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I don't want the playoff expanded. I do think it should be 1 team per conference, max. Let the comittee sort out who's best in each conference and put in the 4 best.

This won't be the last time the SEC gets two. With a credible program finally in the East, there will be plenty of SEC CG losers that go. Under the eye test "standard."

A shame it wasn't in place in 2015.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Rocky :

Except when they say there is "very little seperation" between teams 5 to 8, and then one of those teams beats a top 6 team so unconvincingly that they are now unequivocally worse.

Comment

• I think it should simply be who they think are the best four teams. I disagree with putting limits on conference selection because sometimes the best two teams in the nation are in one conference. And I woukd ve fine going back to thr BCS system for selecting the 4 teams

Obviously, your mileage varies.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• It never worked in the BCS system. That's why they changed it.
            I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah, my mileage really does, AA. I really dont want to see Alabama-Georgia play in the SEC CG and both make the CFP. But that's destined.

Anyway - don't lose 2 games. That's it. Unless you're the SEC Champ - then you probably can lose 3.

Comment

• Good chat, AA. Always enjoyable. I've made peace with the fact that people disagree with me. Heh.

Incidentally, your post on playing chess in your garage made me smile. That's good shit. Enjoy your trip back to the Land of Morphy.

Comment

• Best 4 teams should play to see which reigns supreme. Don't care about conference affiliation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• The problem with that is because of schedules you really don't know who the best four are. That is why you need to ensure that no more than one team comes from a conference.
                    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• The real question is should it be "best" or "most deserving". I don't think it should be best at all. "Most deserving" results in a better risk/reward ratio for scheduling strong OOC games.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Exactly, CGVT.

Comment

• I disagree CGVT. It's a variation of the same argument that people who want to expand the playoffs make: "you don't KNOW -beyond the shadow of a doubt- who the best team is so you need a rep from each conference."

Comment

• Yes. If you're going to rely on the subjective notion of ``pick the best four'' you obviously have to consider those factors. This system either needs more rigor or we'll be back again with a reform effort to remove the SEC bias again soon.

Talent, I missed the game. How did Wisky's defense do in comparison to Michigan's? Impressions?

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                              I disagree CGVT. It's a variation of the same argument that people who want to expand the playoffs make: "you don't KNOW -beyond the shadow of a doubt- who the best team is so you need a rep from each conference."
                              Where you sit is where you stand. When you are the beneficiary of the doubt, you like the system. When you must overcome it, you don't.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Where you sit is where you stand. When you are the beneficiary of the doubt, you like the system. When you must overcome it, you don't.
                                I would have been fine if we had ended up in the Orange or whatever. When I said no team had a legit gripe for that 4th spot, I truly meant it. I believe that now and I believed it when I said it days ago. Yes, I was one of those who championed OSU being selected over conference champion, Penn State, last year and the controversy last year and this will just fire the playoff folks to expand this thing. Something I am not in favor of.

Comment

Working...
                                X