Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've also been allowed (Tressel and Smith) to look through many of the contacts and decide which ones they think are "private". The article noted this was "abnormal", though not necessarily insidious.

There's another link to the side of that article where some beat writers comment that the other 9 students implicated by the SI article probably won't be in too much hot water. At least according to those writers.

Comment

• OK, so they were in communication. WTF did they say tho?

My quess would be what kind of car shoud tp be driving this month.

Comment

• ``That kid really needs to be taught a lesson, Ted. We'll see how he feels in a few weeks when he realizes the Hummer won't corner on rails like a 350ZX does. That'll show him.''

Comment

• Tressel to Sarniak...

"TP not happy 2day needs more $$$."

Comment

• What's remarkable is he really isn't that good a player. Some of you guys have seen him on the field a lot more than me, but would OSU's record really be all that different without him? He's had some good games, but he can't pass at all and his running isn't really all that pivotal to their success.

Comment

• Ohio State would not release the content of the messages because they were "private".

Comment

• "Ted, just finished talking about this situation with Gordon and Gene. We think its best to try and ride this out. Not likely it's going to turn into a shit-storm. Feds are on it and I've been told they will keep the incidental findings involving our players on the hush. We've weathered stuff like this since I've been here. Keep a sharp eye out and your lips sealed, R/Jim."
                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• BREAKING NEWS: Terrelle Pryor has decided to end his football career at Ohio State, per his lawyer.

What kind of car does Braxton Miller drive around campus? ;-)
                  I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Comment

• This story just keeps getting more interesting. This type of story has so many layers and goes so far back, its not going to go away anytime soon.

Comment

• Lawyer for Terrelle Pryor confirms QB is leaving Ohio State

By Erick Smith, USA TODAY

Updated 10m ago

Terrelle Pryor will not play for Ohio State next season, his attorney told USA TODAY.

CAPTION
                        By Terry Gilliam, AP

Larry James said Pryor would evaluate his options about his final year of eligibility. Pryor is suspended for the first five games of the 2011 season for receiving impermissible benefits.One option for Pryor is to enter the NFL's supplemental draft. The other possibilities could be transferring to a lower-division school and sitting out the suspension or going to an NAIA school.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I remember about four years ago, before Pryor's freshman year, I told Mr. Talent ESQ., that Pryor would not play all four years.

I admit, I never envisioned it happening this way, but it turns out I'm right again.

Joe Schad on ESPN says Pryor may be leaving due to "locker room issues". Forgoing the easy punch lines here, the scoop seems to be that his teammates are not pleased with him for causing Tressel to lose his job.

The "teammates" need to wise up. Pryor didn't cause Tressel to lose his job. Tressel caused Tressel to lose his job. Tressel could have saved his job back over a year ago when he first caught wind of all this. Yeah, he would have had to boot Pryor off the team, but he would have preserved his job. It may have cost him a win or two, but he'd still have his job.

But, the mentality in Columbus is only on winning. That was ultimately Tressel's downfall.

Not Pryor.
                          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I sort of agree that Tressel cost himself his job with the coverup but there's obviously no coverup to be done without Pryor and the others. That his teammates were ready to revolt against him, sadly, says a lot about Pryor. Some of which you could kinda suspect even before all this in the way some players behaved towards him.

Still, it frustrates the hell out of M fans to see anyone sticking up for Tressel, be it Brady Hoke, any member of the coaching fraternity, or his players.

Comment

• Connect the dots here please .......

We are in the midst of an orchestrated effort, starting with Delaney in the B10 front Office, to save osu's ass and about $10-30 million in foregone post season bowl revenue to the B10 if osu were to get the post season play ban it so deserves.

The B10 will be significantly disadvantaged if it's premier program for the last decade gets pummeled ..... you are witnessing a monumental effort to avoid that at all costs.

osu is distancing itself from what all the parties will describe as bad people, namely terrell pryor and jim tressel. Not that they are good, neither of them are and deserve their fates, but the osu program and elitists like gordon gee will escape the culpability in this matter that THEY deserve. In the end, this will be the most discouraging part of this CFB high drama.

Casual observers and serious fans and sports commentators that believe that a morally bankrupt and criminally unethical culture does not exist at osu are both blind and stupid. Jim tressel and gene smith cultivated it to their personal advantage as well as to the advantage of osu and the B10 while gordon gee looked at the stinking pile of shit that it is (yes, he definitely knew what was going on) but judged it to be nothing more than an annoyance that should be ignored by persons of his stature and class because, even though it was dirty, it did bring in a lot of dough and prestige.

Just in case you didn't know this already, powerful people with money are capable of monumental wrong doing when the regulators are either not paying attention or are being rewarded in some way not do so.
                              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; June 7, 2011, 05:43 PM.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I want to see what kind of "Loaner" car he's driving in today.

Comment

Working...
                                X