Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barrett is to ufm at osu as Tebo was to him at UF. Dependable. He also seems to have the ear of the teams he QBs. That is not a trait to be ignored ...... but, he's not a great QB and I think talent would agree.

What pisses me off is that meyer continues to successfully call these read-option plays for barrett that he can rely on for 4+ yards every time. It's used as a constraint v. defenses were the strong side DE is keying on the QB. It's either a QB keeper or a RB sweep. jtb can "option the DE based on what he does. If he steps to the RB he keeps and looks for the tight zone inside. Otherwise, he hands it off. It's a bread and butter play for the osu offense that defenses rarely handle well and jtb is athletic enough to make it work far too often.

So, yeah, he's a very good QB in that context. He can't pass worth a shit though and that's his biggest limitation. Haskins looks like a baller; he appears to be a very good passer but I don't think he runs that same play that jtb does anywhere as close to jtb's efficiency with it.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• JTB isn't an imprsessive runner to me.

Comment

• JTB is a limited QB. He does a lot of things "good" but he doesn't really excel at anything. His passing game is inconsistent, but usually good enough to do the trick. His running game is very Deveon Smith with perhaps a more dependable 4, but almost no chance of 25. It'd be nice to be dynamic at one or the other.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What has always frustrated me is the way he picks up just enough for a first down. In this year's game, Rashan Gary had him dead to rights on 3rd and 3 and he spun out of his grasp to pick up 3 1/2 or 4 yds. Saw that consistently over his career.
          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Ohio State was really lucky to have him and will probably miss him more than the critics realize.

Comment

• Limitations or not, I'll be glad to see the back of him.

Comment

• The Spartans saw a couple of games from him where he appeared to have no limitations plus one game where he was really limited.

Comment

• Barrett is Troy Smith redux
                  Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Ohio State was really lucky to have him and will probably miss him more than the critics realize.
                    Yeah, I think that's probably right. He's been around for 4 years, though. Wow. There's some fatigue amongst some. Not me, really. As you mentioned, he's had some great games against Sparty (2014 was probably the game he ever played) and one dreadful one.

I like the QBs coming up, whether its Burrow or Haskins. And though Oracle loved to ridicule him, I really like Tate Martel. But, yeah, they'll be hard-pressed to match JTB's numbers.

Comment

• STFU
                      Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Yep, Brady and Julio failed me this week. Hope that doesn't happen again in the playoffs.

This mean you are in too?
                        whodean you know this is my first year, how does the playoff work?

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          whodean you know this is my first year, how does the playoff work?
                          Six team playoffs, First round bye for top 2
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Brenton Cox says No-Hio [emoji1303]
                            Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                Limitations or not, I'll be glad to see the back of him.
                                I'll bet you would...big guy...
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X