Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I bought an authentic Cleveland Browns jersey at Value City for $3.79.
    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• You were ripped off. For $4.29 you can buy a season pass into the coordinator's coaching box for games.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Heh.
        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Originally Posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
          Wisky's going to be >>> Neb as long as Riley stays at Neb and Cryst stays at Wisky.

Recruiting will stay equivalent; it's going to be a coaching/development advantage to Cryst.
          To which Wild Hoss sagely retorts:

I'll take that on a bet.

Cryst has a substantial head start, but the games between the two programs have gone from being routs under Pelini's leadership to last-minute/OT affairs, while NU has substantially more room to improve before approaching max performance.
          I wonder if there was any actual wager on Cryst v Riley?

Comment

• Incomplete info....Riley's recruiting never came to fruition.

Now get back to work.

Comment

• The follow up:

Originally Posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
              Ignore the man behind the curtain (The Wizard), Dorothy ........

I think the consensus is that Riley is not the guy to do that. I only know him from 10K feet. What are the positives that lead you to believe he can take Neb to double digit season wins on a regular basis?
              And "Wild" Hoss defending his double digit win take:

Simply put, Riles is a far better CEO than Pelini was.

This isn’t to say he hasn’t had to learn some hard lessons in his first two seasons, but he’s got a wider and longer field of vision than Bo ever had...or wanted. Recruiting/marketing is like night and day. Accountability and quality at the AC level is off the charts compared to the Pelini regime. The expansion of the support staff to assist with off-field details is also night and day different.

I’m not throwing Wisco under the bus, but our program hasn’t been running well for some time, in multiple areas. We don’t use AC slots on positions that our offensive coordinator tells the newspaper are “obsolete” anymore for instance. First, do no harm.

Is Riley a NC caliber guy? Not IMO...but I don’t think that wasn’t the expectation when he was brought in either. Is he capable of taking over the West, as a first step toward that goal? Definitely.

Comment

• stalker

Comment

• You must have been inconsolate when your 10-win, West-dominating hero was forced out in shame.

Comment

• I rarely prevail in such long term prognostications but I'll take the win on this one.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• It was a complete rout, JB. Hoss hoisted by his own Riley-worship petard.

Comment

• Y'all leave Hoss alone. He's a Nebraska fan for Christ's sake. He's suffered enough.

Comment

• He's also spent years as The Wizard's lackey in Team Husker.

Comment

• I am not going out on a date with you.

Comment

• Hoss is an ass man...trust me on this one...
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Ghey

I do appreciate muscle tone and hair though, so talent has some work ahead of him.

Comment

Working...
                                X