Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The other thing about this is that Courtney Smith is very likely borderline crazy herself. I've read enough "inside" stuff on her that I feel pretty comfortable in saying that. She likely has a shitton of issues herself. Zach Smith, per the same type of posts, is a known asshole. I really get the sense that this is a fucking Jerry Springer Show relationship. And, in-fucking-conceivably, these two and their trainwreck relationship will get UFM fired. I not only wouldn't surprise me, but I actually expect that AFTER UFM is fired, we'll learn about how ridiculously dysfunctional these two were and those that care will take a few seconds to think something like, "Welp, that sucks for Urbs" ... before moving on.

I fully expect that he'll end up coming out of this ok in the long-term. And my worst nightmare is that he ends up at Notre Dame.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The language in his contract with OSU seems clear, and it's not hard to find information about how it applies to this. Meyer presumably wasn't forced to sign the contract, but chose to.
      The reporting language is from this year's addendum. It's actually less than clear that, upon signing the contract, he'd have to then recount every single incident that falls in that provision since 2012. I actually doubt he would. I'd read that as a prospective provision.

Comment

• If they're trying to figure out whether they can fire him for cause, that would be the key question, right? Or at least one of them.

Comment

• Correct. And look, it's written in a way that would require him to report anything he's ever known at ANY INSTITUTION -- it's standard CYA language. But, if they fire UFM and he sues them for wrongful termination or saying they didn't have cause, a judge is going to have to construe this provision and figure out what was required of UFM. And one thing they'll look at, e.g., is course of practice -- did UFM, e.g., report everything from his time at Florida to OSU (since that provision covered it)? The reason they'd look at this is to figure out if OSU was really serious about wanting him to disclose everything from the past.

If I were UFM I'd push back hard. I mean, FFS, Jim O'Brien was fired for violating NCAA rules and won a $10M judgment against OSU b/c it wasn't "for cause."

Comment

• So it really is written in a way that would require him to report everything from whenever? I was wondering if that was a soft spot in the reporting.

I don't understand what you mean by a judge using that to figure out if they were serious. Can you clarify? Do you mean that once this contract was signed, being serious about it would mean "ok here's everything that's gone down since Bowling Green"? And why would the judge need to figure out OSU's intent? It's a contract, it has requirements, and either it was violated or not regardless of the mindset of one of the parties?

Comment

• in e wonderful world of forgive and forget he'll be working net year at................................................ ....lsu

Comment

• He shouldn't be fired. If I were not a U of M fan, I would not want him to be fired. He should not be fired unless he actively interfered with law enforcement. A coach should get fired for that when it comes to pretty much any crime, but he shouldn't and can't be responsible for what his guys do outside of work. That goes for just about any employer, unless there is a huge PR issue at play.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  So now it's the coach's job to police his assistants?
                  uh....yeah.

He's the highest paid public employee in the state of Ohio. Responsibility comes with all that money and attention, including the people he hires to work under him.
                  Last edited by Kstat; August 2, 2018, 02:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post

Welcome to 2018, Hannibal. SJW-mob rule. And, no, he's getting fired.Well that's my prediction, at least. And I feel very, very confident.
                    What mob? Where is the angry mob of OSU fans who want him gone? To me the real "welcome to 2018" is the media whipping up a fake outrage frenzy. I think that your previous estimate of 80/20 wanting him to stay/gone is too conservative. I'll bet that it's more like 95/5. ESPN will engage in massive amounts of virtue signaling and their talking heads will demand his head but nobody gives a fuck what they think anymore. OSU would make a huge mistake if they fire Urban (I hope that they do).

Comment

• It's literally written into his contract. The evil media didn't write his contract for him or make him sign it.

On the list of people to blame if he gets fired, the media is nowhere near the top. Urban knew, put his wife in a position to ensure he had zero deniability, and OSU's previous fuckup with the wrestling program made sure they had no mulligans to use.

You think OSU WANTS to fire Urban? You think Penn State wanted to fire Joe freaking Paterno? Sometimes a coach's arrogance backs his own school into a corner where they have no choice.

Yes, gone are the good old days where a man could beat up his wife and it was just his business and nobody else's. Grown men are actually accountable for that shit now. Welcome to 2018. Sorry about that.

Comment

He shouldn't be fired. If I were not a U of M fan, I would not want him to be fired. He should not be fired unless he actively interfered with law enforcement. A coach should get fired for that when it comes to pretty much any crime, but he shouldn't and can't be responsible for what his guys do outside of work. That goes for just about any employer, unless there is a huge PR issue at play.
                        The contract he signed doesn't say he is. It says he's responsible for sharing what he knows with his own bosses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                          It's literally written into his contract. The evil media didn't write his contract for him or make him sign it.

On the list of people to blame if he gets fired, the media is nowhere near the top. Urban knew, put his wife in a position to ensure he had zero deniability, and OSU's previous fuckup with the wrestling program made sure they had no mulligans to use.

You think OSU WANTS to fire Urban? You think Penn State wanted to fire Joe freaking Paterno? Sometimes a coach's arrogance backs his own school into a corner where they have no choice.
                          Oh I'm sure that they don't want to fire Urban. I think that they have been bamboozled into thinking that it is in their best interests to do so.

Comment

Oh I'm sure that they don't want to fire Urban. I think that they have been bamboozled into thinking that it is in their best interests to do so.
                            Yes, they were bamboozled by the contract they themselves drew up for him and he signed that essentially is going to force them to fire him.

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Maybe it actually is in the bigger picture in their best interests to can him. There's a pattern at OSU of coaching tenures ending with controversy, investigations, violations and serious ethical lapses. Maybe the current leadership wants to break that cycle. I for one would rather suck forever than be PSU.

Comment

Working...
                                X