Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I mean a curb stomping is possible, the Spartans either have very close games or get their socks knocked off by the Buckeyes.

The Spartan defense is pretty good, it's excellent against the run and leaky against the pass. A lot of the leakiness against the pass but most of those stats are built up over the season without Scott and Butler at corner. Scott played for the 1st time last week and was very good, not sure on Butler. My guess is he could have played against Maryland but Dantonio held him out. On a side note it is pretty certain Scott will be redshirted this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      As a general FYI, if you say good things about Sparty, I believe that revokes your M fandom in toto, which leaves you with just BOILER UP! Now, that's better than Ohio State these days, but it ain't no HARBAUGH!!!!! or BEILEIN!!!! So, you may want to reconsider your post.
      I use to be someone that would root against Ohio St or MSU in every game. Nowadays, nope. Need all B10 teams to win non-conference games to help the look of the conference as a whole. That ultimately helps M and Purdue.

... go B10!
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• osu is held to under 150 yards rushing
        Ohio State will be lucky to get 100.

Scott played for the 1st time last week and was very good, not sure on Butler. My guess is he could have played against Maryland but Dantonio held him out
        And this will prove problematic.

This going to be a 20-17 kinda game. Maybe even 17-16 for the 3rd time under UFM.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 46-30. Bucknuts. Smarty Jones Master Lock of the year tight there.
          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Michigan State wins

Comment

• DrgJYfuUcAA71jZ.jpg

Comment

• I have no opinion on who wins the game, the Spartans and Buckeyes have been hard reads all year. The Spartans have kind of righted the ship but the offense has still been subpar. The Buckeyes should be better than they are and eventually it will click with them. I would be surprised if the Spartans gave up more than 40 as AA suggests, but if they do it means OSU is starting on a playoff run.

Comment

• Like I said, if Sparty gets pressure on haskins - which they should - he's not going to be the roboQB he's been. He looked a bit off v. Nebraska that did get some decent pressure on him.

talent, OK, something around 100 yards rushing then. I think Dobbins and Weber and improved OL play will get more. Either way, that is going to hurt and keep MSU in the game.

AA, yer crazy with yer Smarty Jones Master Lock of the year thing. Pffft.

If Lewerke manages to hit some passes and haskins doesn't successfully hit Paris Campbell notching some big plays doing that ..... (season stats below - catches, yards, per catch, long, TDs)
                  56 631 11.3 71 8
                  ....... it's gonna be MSU scoring points not the bucknuts.

Anyway, this is a game worth watching for M fans since an osu loss to MSU clinches the East for M. It's the noon game on FOX/FoxGo Video.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Got it.

MSU plays very aggressively with their LBs and Ss. They mercilessly gap fill and do it well. I thought their speed sideline to sideline was also good.

What got them v. M was that they were forced to honor the zone read after Patterson made the read and kept it getting some chunk plays in the process. That stopped them somewhat from squeezing toward the interior and redirecting run plays inside. Pep also called some timely screens and TE wheel routes that were effective v. MSU's aggressive front 7 play. Patterson, from what I'm seeing and reading, does a great job with the play fake - either off PA or more frequently on the zone read. Harbaugh has not used a lot of RPO which is a bit surprising.

Man, it seems haskins, for all his skills in the passing game, is a bit of a liability elsewhere. Must drive urban nutz.
                      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Lewerke is not going to be hitting passes, that is where the stubbornness comes in, not 22 alignment. Lombardi should be playing. I don't get it.

Comment

• What ultimately got Sparty against M was the long play to DPJ.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• They never would have scored if not for Evans fumble on the 7 yard line, and needed a trick play even then.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                              What ultimately got Sparty against M was the long play to DPJ.
                              For sure in the big picture of that game ......

But at the detail level, it was the sophistication and effectiveness of the run game that set that up. I'd say MSU's defensive coaches were so busy trying to figure out and then coach their front seven how to deal with what M was doing in the run game, bringing there Ss up and such, they forgot to tell the defense to watch out for the long ball. Cheating your Ss up gives rise to big plays.

Woof.

Comment

• I'm talking about this game not the Michigan, he shouldn't have been playing last week, he shouldn't be playing this week. It's absolutely stupid that he is playing. He can't throw right now without intense pain. He is missing throws by wide margins it is beyond annoying that they trot him out there with that shoulder..
                                Last edited by froot loops; November 8, 2018, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X