Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Correct

Comment

• Ohio State University officials are reporting more than 1,500 separate instances where former team doctor Richard Strauss sexually assaulted students.

You guys deserve each other --- damn

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        How many times has HARBAUGH!!!! legitimately been upset? I can think of the Iowa game off the top of my head. Maybe South Carolina. His win in 2015 at Minnesota was close, but that doesn't count.

I know that 2015 Utah, 2018 Notre Dame, 2018 Ohio State and maybe a few others were technically upsets, but were they? For that matter, 2019 Wisconsin was an upset. I dunno. It seems like HARBAUGH!!!!! generally wins the games he should and, if there's variance, it's actually that he occasionally blows the doors off of good teams (at home). He's still 41-16. And 14 of those 16 losses came to teams that won at least 10 games (Iowa and SoCar are the exceptions).

It's not like he's out there getting his doors blown off by Purdue or Iowa. Or, even more starkly, it's not like winning 91 of your last 100 and having the last two of those losses be assjackings by Iowa and Purdue.
        Here;s the thing ...... Harbaugh is 1-5 v. M's traditional rivals and in 10 attempts v. top 10 teams he has 1 win. He can't get over the last obstacle on the obstacle course.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Harbaugh beat MSU 2 times

Comment

• I attribute that to his inability to control variance and ask what coaching characteristic tends to mitigate variance ..... my understanding is that variance is equivalent to consistency. The lower the variance the more consistent your football team is.

In the case of Michigan and Harbaugh, you have a team that goes out and whacks most of the competition most of the time and then goes out and gets ham blasted by some of the competition some of the time. That is especially true of ranked opponents and, sadly, rivals.

That variance is what keeps Michigan outside the company of the elites who consistently, or mostly consistently, beat the cupcakes and are gamers and can beat tougher opponents on their schedules most of the time. i.e., they win championships, beat their rivals and typically go at least 12-1. Michigan has not neared that bar since 1997, they came close in 2006.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The lower the variance the more consistent your football team is.
                So, what I'm not understanding, exactly, is how HARBAUGH!!!! has been inconsistent. He has railed bad teams. He's lost to pretty good teams. He's never won as a underdog. If HARBAUGH!!! were to play a top 10 team tomorrow I'd be on the opponent because he has CONSISTENTLY lost to top 10 teams.

I mean, we've waded through a number of explanations for the "failures" of M football under HARBAUGH!!!!! IIRC, there's a thread dedicated to it. There were some good explanations, eveb. But, variance or whatever seems like a gold star Buchanan Fatuity. I mean, he always beats teams that finish with losing records. And he's like 5-13 against teams that finish with 10+ wins (assuming Wisky reaches 10 this year). And 3 of those 5 came in 3 successive weeks all at home. The most direct explanation is that his teams aren't good enough to beat good teams on the road or at neutral sites. Consistently.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• As game time gets closer my gut tells me this might not be a walk in the park for osu. Fields vs a real defense could be interesting.

Comment

• Interesting is one way to say it. Horrifying is another.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?

Comment

• Getting to and staying at the top is tough.

Comment

• Just sarcastic, ha ha what a sandbagger - almost as bad as AA

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          Just sarcastic, ha ha what a sandbagger - almost as bad as AA
                          TALBAUGH!!! sandbaggery >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> AABAUGH!!! sandbaggery
                          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• monkeymath.jpg
                              Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Bamas defense has given up tons of yards and points to pretty crap teams. They are going to need to out score a few of the tougher teams they play.

Comment

Working...
                                X