Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting. It does appeal intuitively to see coaches be responsible. One would think that would go a long way toward fixing the problem.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• heh @ ent
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Those are great, Ent. The Sgt Jim Schlutz is almost enough to make me change my avatar.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• On the osu boards question from Hack .... I listen to the Paul Finebaum show driving home from work in the evening and all the call ins were from Dayton or Columbus. I'd say that the overwhelming majority of osu fans who have a clue about the facts in the case want both gee and tressel removed by their Regents.

There is a smattering of idiots calling in complaining about the harsh treatment of players selling what they own. Finebaum quickly points out to them that its no longer about that but rather what appears to be a top down cover up of major NCAA violations by players that, if reported, would have resulted in a declaration by the NCAA that they were ineligible to play in the 2010 season. This obviously makes the case that coach tressel did not report them to gain a competitive advantage for his team.

If, in fact, Smith and Gee did not know about the Tat 5 in April, 2010, along with tressel, (I find that very hard to believe they did not) or that they knew and approved what tressel was doing (much more likely), either way, that is factual evidence of a loss of institutional control.

On Hanni's point about the view that the NCAA let Auburn skate .... I agree with you that the jury is still out but the public view among CFB fans is that the NCAA was, at the time, and probably will be in the future, too easy on Auburn. That the public view is as I describe it, the public mood with respect to NCAA penalties on dirty programs, could influence the NCAA to act more harshly with osu .... it is my view that they will but the wheels of NCAA Justice will turn slowly and in accordance with their process.

In the end, osu is going to get nuked.

Good.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thanks for that. Sounds like it. Screw 'em.

Comment

• Don't count your rotten eggs till they're hatched
                  Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• You're right about that, it's true.

Comment

• Sparty on, dude!!!

March 10, 1:40 a.m. ? Officers responded to a report of a disturbance at the Regal. Maxwell Bullough, 19, Traverse, Mich., and Brian Linthicum, 23, Fallon, Ill., were arrested and transported to Pitkin County Jail. Bullough was charged with eluding police and underage possession of alcohol (18-20). Linthicum was charged with eluding police and third-degree assault.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• No couches were burned in the making of this story.
                        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I just don't get what Tressel's angle on this was. Did he just think he would never get caught? Why would he take such a huge risk like that? It isn't like he was under pressure for his job security.

That is a move that someone who has to win now or else takes. Why would he open himself up to all of this?

Comment

• Rock of all the great avatars youve had over the years that one is the worst.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                              I just don't get what Tressel's angle on this was. Did he just think he would never get caught? Why would he take such a huge risk like that? It isn't like he was under pressure for his job security.

That is a move that someone who has to win now or else takes. Why would he open himself up to all of this?
                              Arrogance and overconfidence. Years of getting away with it. And habit. There could be numerous other situations like this documented by e-mail, but we'll never find out about them, because the NCAA has no legal means of acquiring them.
                              Last edited by Hannibal; March 11, 2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Dantonio has already come out strongly about these latest arrests. He will absolutely not allow them to practice while they are actually in jail!

And thats final!
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X