Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haven't been around alot...but can't help but be impressed with your fortitude as a loyal fan DSL.

Don't suppose The Talent has been by to step up for the Buckeyes...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
      The mantra of osu fans and of the osu administration has been ..... contained, due to tressel and a handfull of players, nothing more to see.
      Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia
      Last edited by Hannibal; July 14, 2011, 03:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
        Correct. Even if the NCAA clears us, you will continue to insist we're guilty. Just like the Troy Smith/Steve McNair thing from 6 years ago. Didn't matter that the NCAA cleared him, you continued to beat the drum that cheating had occured and goddamn the NCAA and life ain't fair
        If the NCAA clears you guys on everything besides the Tat 5, it will be because they have tied themselves in logical knots trying to explain away all of the benefits that Terrelle Pryor was allegedly getting for 3 years. Or, it will be because they just don't care, or because they don't examine the evidence. I'm being very generous when I say "allegedly". The details of Pryor's "loaner" vehicles are public record and not even in dispute by the OSU athletic department. OSU simply came to the asinine conclusion that they don't constitute an improper benefit. Then, of course, there's Dennis Talbot (major violation if true, cited by multiple sources) and the numerous shady memorabilia/tattoo deals, which more than one former OSU athlete outside of the Tat 5 has claimed took place.

Unlike the entire Buckeye nation, I'm not in the habit of ignoring massive amounts of facts as part of self-delusion. At this point, there are only two conclusions that are consistent with everything that has been said and that we know...

1. OSU is a dirty cheating program, with lots of players getting improper benefits and the coach and probably the compliance department looking the other way

2. OSU is a victim of the greatest conspiracy this side of 9/11, where numerous former players (like Maurice Clarett, Antonio Pittman, and Ray Small, plus some anonymous ones) and numerous media outlets (like The New York Times, The OSU Lantern, the Cleveland Plain-Dealer, SI, ESPN, and Yahoo) have conspired with one another to create all kinds of false claims about the program.

Apparently, you and everyone else in the Buckeye nation thinks that it is #2.
        Last edited by Hannibal; July 14, 2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

• heh .....

Seriously, probably one of the best posts in this thread.

...... and Clash, Talent has been absent ever since we moved over here and specifically after osu football was exposed.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by Clashmore Mike View Post
            Haven't been around alot...but can't help but be impressed with your fortitude as a loyal fan DSL.
            What's so impressive about defending an obvious cheater?
            I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Haven't been around alot...but can't help but be impressed with your fortitude as a loyal fan DSL.

Don't suppose The Talent has been by to step up for the Buckeyes...?
              Talent's been MIA since worldcrashing died. Hasn't appeared at the new megasite/goat pen either.

And someone's got to keep the fellas around here somewhat objective. Lord knows without me they'd have themselves convinced Hoke was going to win six straight conference titles and break not a single rule to do it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                It's a feat of endurance at this point. DSL's taken so many hits and remains standing that one imagines he could go 15 rounds with Joe Louis. One also imagines his brain doesn't work very well after that battering of course, given the weakness of his defenses. Still, respect due...

Comment

• Tressel's advice still resonates with Tyler Moeller

Comment

• Mike Vrabel will bring passion for 2011

This is a season at Ohio State when new coach Luke Fickell and his best friend Mike Vrabel are supporting each other and a damaged program.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post

First and foremost (and this isn't necessarily a proportional comparison), I saw all ya'll defending DickRod* when he was getting sanctioned by the NCAA...except that you were safe and sound amongst peers...not on a dedicated OSU board.

After that...all I'd say is that DSL doesn't have to be here, he chooses to be here at one of the lowest points I've seen Buckeye nation in awhile. The internet doesn't require accountability...and yet he is here for his team. I respect that.

*I assume it's all good to call him "DickRod" now that you don't have to defend him anymore...

Comment

*I assume it's all good to call him "DickRod" now that you don't have to defend him anymore...

Hahaha!

Comment

• Since he was called that before he even came to Michigan, it never really bothered me that much.

As for people defending him, I was one of them even though I didn't like him that much. I honestly don't hold any animosity towards him for the whole practice thing. It probably happened before he even came here too. I didn't like the product he put on the field, but I still maintain the entire practicegate thing was pretty much just some people with a personal axe to grind with Rodriguez.

Comment

• DSL is a social climber, that's all.

Comment

• DSL, don't forget to Tip the Headsman come August 12th!
                              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• More bad news for OSU

Tressel had history of compliance problems, records show

Years before the lapses that led to his resignation, former Ohio State University head football coach Jim Tressel was cited for failing to report NCAA rules violations and failing to quickly and accurately complete compliance-related forms, according to documents released today by Ohio State

Tressel was asked to resign on May 30, unable to survive a scandal in which he failed to report possible NCAA violations when he learned that at least two of his players had sold OSU memorabilia and gear. Complete coverage of the scandal is available at www.Buckeyextra.com.

The most-recent written evaluation in Tressel's personnel file was from 2005-06. That's because current athletic director Gene Smith replaced Andy Geiger in April 2005 and began doing verbal evaluations of Tressel, OSU spokesman Jim Lynch said. He didn't know why Smith moved from written to verbal reviews or whether he does anyone else's evaluation that way. Smith couldn't be reached for comment this morning.

Before his departure, Geiger also had a history of admonishing Tressel and the other coaches after violations, both major and minor, according to the records.

On Sept. 9, 2003, for example, Tressel was reprimanded for not paying enough attention to the cars that athletes drove and reporting any unusual circumstances, according to the documents obtained by The Dispatch through a public-records request.
                                Tressel's personnel file reflects no letters of admonishment after Smith took over Ohio State's athletic programs.

Ohio State officials will meet with the NCAA's Infractions Committee in Indianapolis on Aug. 12 on a case involving seven OSU players who received improper benefits when they sold or traded memorabilia for tattoos, and Tressel's lies about his knowledge of the violation.

OSU is blaming Tressel for the violations involving his players, saying no one else at the university was aware of the problems. He was required to report his knowledge of potential NCAA violations but failed to do so.
                                Ohio State last week vacated its 12-1 record from last season and its Big Ten and Sugar Bowl championships as self-imposed punishment for Tressel's violations.

OSU officials hope the NCAA does not levy additional sanctions, such as a loss of football scholarships and a ban on post-season play.

The fallout from the scandal included the departure of quarterback Terrelle Pryor, who is skipping his senior season to turn pro. Pryor was one of six players suspended for the first five games of this season for selling memorabilia to a Columbus tattoo-parlor owner.
                                Last edited by Hannibal; July 15, 2011, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X