Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dantonio has already come out strongly about these latest arrests. He will absolutely not allow them to practice while they are actually in jail!

And thats final!
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• At Michigan, you have to earn the wings on your helmet. At MSU, you have to earn your ski mask.

Comment

• Herbstreit has moved his family out of Columbus. His reason? He's tired of dealing with jackass Ohio State fans:

Comment

• Jamie .... from what I'm hearing, there is a belief among officials within the athletic department at osu that they have acted appropriately in this matter. They do not think that the steps that have already been taken are inadequate going back to the actions in December that were taken as a result of an internal investigation and self report to the NCAA, and with the approval of the NCAA with the players (The Tat 5, suspensions, et. al.).

They feel that they have addressed the recent issue of a violation of 10.1 that came to light this week including a self report to the NCAA and imposition of penalties levied against coach tressel. IOW, they are confident they have acted appropriately in all matters involving the players and the had coach. They'll leave it up to the NCAA to determine if further penalties are warranted against coach tressel. There's nothing else for them to say .... and that's the position they are taking. It's not irrational but there is a lot of disagreement, even among osu supporters, whether or not the self imposed penalties go far enough.

Do I think there is some smugness? Undoubtedly and so do most serious observers but the approach osu (and indirectly jt) is taking is right out of their play-book when they have to deal with the NCAA rule book and much different than what M did (invite unprecedented access to two levels of investigators) or USC did (thumb their noses at the NCAA).

Remains to be seen if this is going to play with the NCAA. I don't think it is mainly because it is very difficult to escape the fact that (1) tressel was less than truthful with the NCAA (maybe his bosses but that will come out soon enough) when he was asked about his knowledge of events relating to the Tat 5 and (2) knowingly allowed players who had received inappropriate benefits to play during the 2010 season.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
            Rock of all the great avatars youve had over the years that one is the worst.
            You have a point, Jaadam.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
              Herbstreit has moved his family out of Columbus. His reason? He's tired of dealing with jackass Ohio State fans:

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content...l0bu32m-1.html
              Wow. Just wow.

I'm not a huge fan of Herbstreit, but I do believe he tries to be objective. I think he works well with Desmond, Corso and Fowler on Game Day. He's also a good color guy with the insufferable Pusberger. Its too bad that Herbstreit can be driven away from the community that he and his family loves, because of a few dirtbags.
              Last edited by lineygoblue; March 11, 2011, 05:33 PM.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  Wow. Just wow.

I'm not a huge fan of Herbstreit, but I do believe he tries to be objective.

LOL! for any fan not of OSU....

Comment

• Wait a minute. You believe Herbstreit is anti-OSU?

Comment

• Regal is the biggest sucker of cock of anything of OSU so I'm assuming he thinks he's anti osu....obviously.
                      Last edited by The Oracle; March 11, 2011, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• I don't know how anyone can say that.

He doesn't sit there and gratify himself every time he's talking about the bucknuts, but I don't think there's any doubt that he's bucknut thru and thru.

Comment

• It's just more proof of what we've known about OSU fans for a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
                            I don't think SEC fans are capable of 5,000 word essays.
                            They are! It just take 2,500 of them. Most SEC fans think a sentence is a word with more than two syllables. It would be difficult for them to write an essay with just; "Git my Gun", "Wheres mah teeth", "Thats my sista, um wife, um, cousin, I aint sure".

The most common and one of the longest being "Maw you pregnant again"
                            And of course the overused college Thesis, "Pork Rinds are food".
                            Passenger on the Lions bandwagon since 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Lion View Post

The most common and one of the longest being "Maw you pregnant again"
                              Followed by; "Is it mine?"

Comment

• ..... watch this!
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X