Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
    Wait a minute. You believe Herbstreit is anti-OSU?

I'd say he has been more anti-tressel than anti-OSU....prime examples include him saying he would never allow his sons to play for Tressel on offense and when he went out of his way to get Clarett up on the set of Gameday when he knew that Tressel wanted to keep Clarett out of the limelight.

I think he goes wayyyyy out of way to prove he is not biased towards OSU. He licks SEC coaches balls...as well as Stoops and at the time, pete carol....but he goes out of his way to be as critical of Tressel as much as possible.

the 2003 Alamo bowl broadcast was basically a 3 hour bashing of OSU and Tressel and he said nothing whatsoever to defend his program or Tressel...I mean nothing in the least.

I mean he dropped OSU in his final poll 3 spots AFTER beating Arkansas this year..had us down to 9...far lower than anyone else..his excuse was that he was tired when filling it out.

Personally, I have nothing against him...he's a buckeye and all that, but I can see how some fans don't like him.

Comment

• Maybe he doens't like Tressel because, being as close as he is to the program, he knows who Tressel really is.

Comment

• he said nothing whatsoever to defend his program or Tressel...I mean nothing in the least.

Maybe because the was no defense?
        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• More from the lunatic fringe of Buckeye Nation:

Story Highlights
          Lawyer who told Jim Tressel players were violating rules now regrets doing so

Ohio State suspended Tressel two games, fined him $250K for keeping quiet

Christopher Cicero, who walked on at OSU in 1980s, has received death threats

Comment

• There's a rumor making the rounds of several message boards with Qs about their credibilty and issues of vetting so, take this for what its worth:

tressel will announce his resignation tomorrow.

Comments discuss makes sense for osu to announce now while distractons abound with the dance getting underway. News of it will die quickly .....

Also, sense is that osu is going into damage control mode as expectations are that the shit will hit the fan in coming months and a tressel resignation/firing may appease the NCAA not withstanding the argument that Carroll leaving didn't save USC (very different situation, IMO).

Observers think there is no way that gee/smith did not know as tressel is way too smart to have not gone up the chain in April, 10 when he got the email from Cicero. Therefore, a trailing gee/smith resignation is also on the horizon as a sensible time frame for turnover takes place.

Stay tuned .... not endorsing; just passing along talk that is emerging.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'll believe he's resigning when I see a new HC HIRED at OhNo. I see Tressel as a 'dig in your heels' sort of guy. He won't go away quietly.
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't buy it for a second. Tressel won't go anywhere unless the NCAA forces him to.

Comment

• Why do it now. Sit tight and hope something good or less bad will happen... or not in which case you resign (rather than being fired) later.

Comment

• Well if you're thinking about the news cycle and taking the pressure off, you do it before the tourney and by the time it's over this is ancient history. You also have a team with a likely #1 seed in the tourney, and you want them focused on basketball and not on other stuff.

But I agree that Tressel doesn't seem one to just give up. As long as he's part of the decision-making process...

Comment

• Chris Spielman and Clark Kellogg, unlike Herbstreit, are two tv announcers who come across pretty unbiased towards OSU, yet have never said anything negative about their school...both are professionals and class acts all the way.

Comment

• Well Chris Spielman is a human being of a higher grade than all of the rest of us. What you're saying about Herb is a common problem, however. He's not the first one to walk that line and not the worst example of bias either. Sometimes there's an outright agenda. The first time Isiah Thomas was put on an NBA broadcast he speculated that Grant Hill was gonna leave the Pistons as an FA, and that was at least a year or two before Hill's contract was extended. That was a self-serving personal agenda at play.

Pro or con, I doubt Herb's done anything like that. Certainly around here he is not appreciated for his role in perhaps mucking up Miles-to-Michigan a few years ago. That is viewed as a broadcaster doing his alma mater's bidding.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          Well Chris Spielman is a human being of a higher grade than all of the rest of us.

Exemplified by him wanting to go to Michigan until his dad put the kibosh on that idea.

Comment

• Unshakeable quality of character. Not even Tattoo U could have corrupted him. I think he should be involved in any serious attempt to reform our country's financial-services sector.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                              Well Chris Spielman is a human being of a higher grade than all of the rest of us. What you're saying about Herb is a common problem, however. He's not the first one to walk that line and not the worst example of bias either. Sometimes there's an outright agenda. The first time Isiah Thomas was put on an NBA broadcast he speculated that Grant Hill was gonna leave the Pistons as an FA, and that was at least a year or two before Hill's contract was extended. That was a self-serving personal agenda at play.

Pro or con, I doubt Herb's done anything like that. Certainly around here he is not appreciated for his role in perhaps mucking up Miles-to-Michigan a few years ago. That is viewed as a broadcaster doing his alma mater's bidding.
                              Good post Hack...honestly, I forgot about that...but let me assure you, his roll in that was not doing his alma mater's bidding...it was doing his own bidding.

Comment

• In light of recent disclosures, I'm confident that every misfortune that has befallen M football has been engineered by osu officials.
                                Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

Working...
                                X