Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keeps on giving.....

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Michigan fans loving that Rich Rod!!

[youtube]hKcr62I-0Bg[/youtube]

Comment

• .... and your point would be?

Michigan under Rodriguez opened the season with 4 straight wins scoring an average of 38 points per game in those victories. In this game against WMU, M scored 31 points in about 25 minutes of clock time ...... that would be better than M's best all time offense, Fielding Yost's 1901 point a minute team. Plenty of people, and for good reason, thought Rodriguez was going to get the job done after those four games.

We'll forget that he went 1 - 7, allowing those seven opponents to score 207 points against Greg Robinson's horrible defense, to finish what started to be a promising season.

After those first four games, with DR running wild and getting a lot of Heisman hype on the basis of his freakish running ability and ridiculous stats, coaches started watching film and quickly realized that all they had to do was play cover 3, put 7 or 8 in the box, and let Dennard come to them. With the absence of a back that could see the play developing and hit the zone for big plays, DR was toast and so was RR's spectacular start.

Given that there was a large contingent among the M faithful that wanted RR to succeed after a shitty start to his HC career at M in 2008, opening the season with a butt kicking of a team that was clearly not prepared for DR, was worth cheering for. M fans had a lot to cheer for ..... until the visit at Sparty's place in 2009.
        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; August 6, 2011, 09:10 PM.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• 2815 days...and counting...

Comment

• Stream the latest otl videos on Watch ESPN. Emmy Award-winning show that examines off the field trends and issues in the world of sports.

five days and counting

Comment

• Nothing new here but nicely presented .......

I don't think the Talbot thing is dead. OTOH, there's a chance that the NCAA will (or has) made a determination that there is simply not enough evidence to demonstrate that the osu football program was engaged in other than isolated rather than systemic rule breaking behaviors when it comes to memorabilia sales.

........... in that regard, this is sort of a laugher but still:

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• ..... obviously the alternative to saying, along with osu, nothing more to see here, is that the NCAA simply can't make reasonable sense out of the affirmations coming out of the mouths of osu officials and players who are still under the authority of the NCAA. Somebody knows something and somebody may have already said, or will say something, that will give legs to the notion that the osu football program actively looked the other way to a well organized money making scheme with autographed memorabilia sales for players that involved tressel, compliance and smith.

The smoke is certainly there, the dots can be connected fairly easily. We need a Deep Throat.

Comment

• This part is my favorite, there is most definitely a massive cover up, they knew Hood Rat Pryor was stealing Ohio tax payer football equipment and actually covered for him. Doors left unlocked, security cameras turned off, where does end?

A police report detailing the investigation into the theft of at least 10 pairs of Ohio State football cleats from the team's locker room inside Ohio Stadium last November. Ohio State police interviewed the three players who said they had cleats stolen -- Pryor, wide receiver DeVier Posey and leading rusher Dan Herron. A campus police officer later posed as a buyer on eBay and bought a pair of cleats signed by Pryor. But a team equipment manager said that pair was an older model and was not one of those stolen. No charges were filed in the case.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Quick comment on OTL -- I've never seen a more transparent agenda from the MSM in my life. I did learn, however, that apparently Ohio State memorabilia is wildly popular. As they are the B10 Flagship and a True Elite Program, I have no trouble believing that. Fair enough.

Hooley -- I just LMAO @ his dishonesty. Forde, eh, he's just an idiot.

Anyway, I can't wait for Friday and then about 8-12 weeks later. Is that how long it to the NCAA to get back to M on its Failure to Monitor violations?

As for Buchanan's continued allegations of a massive, systemic University-wide program, I ask one question -- why did they self-report Tressel's e-mails? I reiterate, if OSU was dirty in the way you knuckleheads dream they're dirty, Tressel would still be the head coach and Ohio State would preseason top 5, yet again, instead of being a pathetic #16.

Jesus. #16. It's going to be a long season.
                    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tressel would still be the head coach

That's the part that baffles me. Why would saint jim have to hire his own lawyer to defend himslef and then in the end give up 14 million dollars in salaries while in the end, everything is on the up and up at o-lie-o.

Comment

• Hopefully a long decade. That's what OSU deserves.

Comment

• Why would saint jim have to hire his own lawyer to defend himslef and then in the end give up 14 million dollars in salaries while in the end, everything is on the up and up
                          Everything, I reiterate -- EVERYthing wasn't on the "up and up" -- as we all know. Coach Tressel failed to forward the Cicero e-mails. Hence, he lost his job. There's a part of me that wishes Ohio State was dirty and did simply stash the emails some dark place never to be seen again, but, alas, they reported them to the NCAA.

Hopefully a long decade. That's what OSU deserves.
                          Ohio State will eat a 9-3 season this year and it will suck. Maybe even 8-4. That's what they deserve for the Tat-5 trading their own stuff for tattoos. That will be the end of it. Fair and just. Hell, I think having to watch Joe Bauserman for an entire season actually goes way beyond fair and just. Woof. Brutal.

Anywho, the team still has plenty of talent. This year's recruiting will be a bit down by Ohio State standards, but next year they'll be back killing it with a permanent head coach and no more NCAA cloud providing oppositing coaches a chance to spin tales of terror. It'll all be good.

Comment

• I knew you'd be back ...... heh.

You make a point there about reporting. But what's troubling is that since andy geiger left his post as AD in 2005, gene smith's efforts to oversee tressel's activities seems to indicate either an inappropriate hands off management style despite what geiger saw as tressel's problems with reporting violations by players or an intentional look the other way approach given tressel's success. Either way, smith (and therefore the school's football program) should be held accountable for that by the NCAA.

Failure to monitor sounds about right but it looks like the NCAA has chosen not to pursue that line of thinking and that in itself is disturbing. USC and Pat Haden are going to inquire about this ..... bet on it. Not that it will make a lot of difference to the NCAA but it will be in the news and keeps the pressure on the cheaters in c-bus.

Comment

• Hoke is not a negative recruiter:

“I don’t think he’s trying to pluck anybody away from anybody else or anything,” said Kalis, a Cleveland-area product who was a long-time Ohio State commitment until the coaching change. “I just think that he knows some of the best football talent in the USA is from Ohio and he’s going to do everything he can to continue to get guys from there. But he has never said anything even remotely close to (negative) about Ohio State.
                              “People think that he does all of this negative recruiting, but he does no such thing. Any time my dad brought up anything about Ohio State, coach would actually stop him and say ‘I’m not going to say anything about that situation. It’s unfortunate and I hope they can get over this hump.’ ”

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• gene smith's efforts to oversee tressel's activities seems to indicate either an inappropriate hands off management style despite what geiger saw as tressel's problems with reporting violations by players or an intentional look the other way approach given tressel's success
                                Explain to me, Buchanan, what Gene Smith SHOULD have done. As far as I can tell, the only way Ohio State could have caught the Cicero e-mails is to have Compliance reading every e-mail sent to Coach Tressel. I don't reckon that Ohio State's failure to monitor every e-mail sent to Coach Tressel amounts to a "failure to monitor." Nor should it.

Again, it's what the OSU-haters have -- these nebulous charges/allegations. Fortunately, as I said earlier, the NCAA actually has to scrutinize the allegations -- apparently moreseo than the press.

USC and Pat Haden are going to inquire about this
                                And so they might. And perhaps the easiest response is to simply look at the NoA to USC (THIRTY+ allegations STRONG!) and the NoA to Ohio State (5, I think).

The equivocation between USC and OSU is yet another intellectually lazy meme spewed out by the MSM. A few, to their credit, have actually pointed out the silliness of it -- but few and far between.

Rocky:

I didn't say Hoke was or wasn't a negative recruiter. I said opposing coaches can (and almost assuredly do) beat up OSU on the recruiting trail with the NCAA cloud. Whether Hoke is one of them, I can't say.

Kalis made the decision that was best for him given the fact that he could no longer play for Coach Tressel. I respect that and have no ill words about him. Of all the Ohio recruits Hoke has nabbed, he's really the only one I'm really sorry to lose (considering that Wormley was always a M lean).

Comment

Working...
                                X