Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Already posted my picks.

DSL, do you have the new URL for the CFB Mega Site, ever since Tressel resigned "RegelBuck" has been nowhere to be seen? Odd, he feasted on a decade of overt, in-your-face "wins" but once that house-of-cards came crashing down, he left? It's important to set the record straight based on the facts that have developed IMO as he was a staunch defender of JT.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Looking through the OSU two-deep, man, if they manage to win 9 games this year, look out for 2013. They'll bring almost everyone back.

Bad news for the rest of the B10.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hopefully that's just running on fumes, but agreed. OSU's still damn good even without Tressell.

Comment

• This is a lost year. With TP, Herron and Posey for the entire season, they're a national title contender. As it is, they're probably limited to B10 title contender as they're forced to transistion QBs a year early, and to do so with a new coach. So, 9-3 seems like a decent season for them under the circumstances.

However, if their defense is good this year -- and I think it will be pretty decent -- it's going to be hellaciously good in 2013. Meanwhile, a lot of young kids will get offensive experience. The OL won't be as good next year, but that will be a small dropoff. The WRs in 2013 could end up being a strength as tons of young kids will play this season. And, most importantly, Braxton Miller will get lots of snaps. In an ideal world, he redshirts, but shit happens. If he is good -- if he meets expectations -- I think you could start to see QB being a real strength of the team mid-way through the 2013 season.

Anyway, looking at the depth chart renews my excitement about Ohio State. A 9-3, or, god forbid, 8-4, bump in the road is possible. But, for whoever is coaching in 2013, it's back to the ways things were and ought to be.

Comment

• So, for my prediction, I have them at 9-2 (excluding the Miami game). I think they lose at Nebraska and at Illinois (who, I think, will be sky high at 5-1/6-0 when they play OSU). I think they eke out games against Sparty and Wisky, though those could both easily go the other way. As for Miami, if they have to play with suspended players, too, then OSU will win. If they don't, it's a loss.

The worst case scenario is a losses to Miami, Michigan State and Nebraska heading into a tough trip to Illinois. The wheels could come off ala 2004 at Iowa. The best case scenario is 5-0 heading into Lincoln.

I think this is more of a 2004 leading to 2005 and then, eventually, to 2006. I'm hoping we're already in 2005, but I don't think so. I think it's sort of in-between, so that's why I'm 2-3 losses instead of 4. We'll see.

Comment

• Already posted my picks.
              In Talents pool? How? If that's the one, Talent has not set the picksheet yet.

Comment

• No such luck Packy, just running "PSYOPS". The point is to get several poolies to send email inquires to the pool manager regarding the status of the picksheet. It obviously will take far more time to provide customer service than to actually post the slate.

Stay tuned, also I encourage you to send an email.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• What's your prediction for the Michigan game, Tally?

Comment

• OP

What's left of the megasite is now located at www.goatpen.net

Prediction for the Michigan game: Michigan 38, OSU 17. With Barwis, Michigan 51

Comment

• Thank you Sir.

Comment

• I'll send around a reminder e-mail on Tuesday after I put up the slate of games for Week 1.
                        oops I missed that, I keep forgetting iam416 is The Talent.

Comment

• Michigan wins 34-13, conservatively. I don't think WMU is any good. Certainly, they'e no better than UConn.

I think Notre Dame will be problematic for you boys, but not Western.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                            I think Notre Dame will be problematic for you boys, but not Western.
                            Dayne Crist, ND's named starter, is a < 60% completion rate passer. Yeah, he sucked last year and has the potential to be a lot better w/BK coaching him up ...... but not in the second game of the year, on a huge stage, at night, on national TV, in Ann Arbor, with Hoke's boys still trying to make a point about the kind of character his teams play with.

Michigan will have a better running game than ND. Without having something to take the pressure off Crist, he implodes ..... like he has demonstrated he is quite capable of doing. Mattison will bring the house until BK/Crist show they can beat that kind of pressure.

Yes .... Floyd. He could win the game for ND but he won't (see above).

ND's offensive line could be good. How good? We really don't know. I DO know, M's offensive line is very good. Good enough against ND's defense that is likely to be pretty good? Hard to say but then there is Denard who torched the same defense that is coming back this season.

Taunting Manti Teo is allowed:

ND's secondary is good. If I were Holk/Borges. I'd run power until BK decides to change the 3-3-5 he's been running, yes, that same one that every power team in the midwest has proven beyond a shadow of a doubt is not good against teams like Wisconsin that do nothing fancy but will pound you until you yell uncle. 28 straight running plays against GERG's hapless 3-3-5 defense.

Unless something bad happens to Michigan, like Denard or some other key player on M's thin roster getting hurt, M wins this one.
                            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DR will have a hell of a game in this one provided he stays healthy. Again Michigan has not won three consecutive times against ND in 111 years, it will be tough....third time is a charm, hope so....playing at night, in greatest college football stadium in the NCAA can't hurt either.

Comment

• Looks like St. luke is suspending three more players for the season opener. Christ, it is going to take years to cleanup Ttresel's mess..that's ok, I have the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X