Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeff, i think Ohio O was impressive to.

B Miller seems to have his head screwed on straight and much better mechanics than TP.

Comment

• Yeah, I wouldn't read much into this game. Akron is just HORRIBLE. Not that OSU shouldn't be commended for taking care of business, but if they have struggled vs. Akron they might have been looking at a .500 or worse season. Akron is that bad. They were 1-11 last year, including a loss to Gardner-Webb (don't they sell furniture?) and a 46-point loss to Western Michigan.
      Last edited by Jamie H; September 3, 2011, 10:12 PM.

Comment

• where does Talent stand in the "poolie"?
        He's tied for second. A rather anomalous ranking for him, to be sure ....
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Akron is an abomination. If they do this to Toledo -- who should battle NIU for the MAC West -- I'll be impressed. As it is, total garbage game.

Remember, though, as I said a little bit ago -- the defense is utlra young. If the defense is good this year, then they will be hellraising good next year.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• where does Talent stand in the "poolie"?

Perhaps... but psychologically he is hovering somewhere around the depths of whale feces...anyway, damn rain delays with no such delay in bar service at my local favorite sports pub. Obviously I had excellent cell phone reception and a damn fine mobile web application to check the standings.

We all new OSU was going to roll Akron, I felt they may not cover the spread as it was 33.5, anyway if the NCAA ever gets serious about punishment, suspension should only apply to conference games...OOC patsy are part of the on=going effort to evade serious punishment of consequence.
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 4, 2011, 11:01 AM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Nice to see these Ohio St. assclowns take their circus act to the NFL. Goodell, you had the authority and the discretionary power to quash their horseshit....don't get screwed twice.

Terrelle Pryor to appeal 5-game suspension

Posted by Ryan Wilson

Terrelle Pryor has notified the NFL and the NFL Player's Association that he intends to appeal the five-game suspension handed down by commissioner Roger Goodell as part of the league's decision to allow Pryor to be eligible for the supplemental draft last month, the NFL Network's Albert Breer is reporting.

If nothing else, you have to appreciate the timing. On Friday, the Colts hired Jim Tressel, Pryor's coach at Ohio State before a scandal led to Pryor leaving school and Tressel resigning, as a game-day consultant. The problem: the move was made without the approval of the league office, and according to a PFT.com source, the league must give the OK before all hires become official.

Yahoo.com's Doug Farrar tweeted Sunday morning that it was a "Smart decision by Pryor and his people to appeal five-game suspension now. NFL has to address Tressel, change the [suspension], or REALLY look bad."

As we found out with the lockout, these things are as much about right and wrong as they are about winning the public relations battle. Then again, Goodell has shown in the past that he's willing to make unpopular decisions.Steelers backup quarterback and longtime Pryor mentor, Charlie Batch, recently told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Reviewthat Goodell has too much power.

"He took it to another level when he said he was going to suspend Terrelle Pryor for five games and he wasn't even in the NFL last year," he said. "How can you do that? It's not right. It's not right at all."

Players have also taken issue with Goodell arbitrarily meting out punishment, perhaps none more vocal in recent years than Batch's teammate, linebacker James Harrison. (More proof that there appears to be no method to Goodell's perceived madness: he didn't suspend Kenny Britt or Aqib Talib for serious and persistent offseason incidents.)

Pryor's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, said on August 24 thatPryor would not appeal the suspension. Clearly, that has changed.

Now, in addition to the Tressel situation, the league will also have to deal with Pryor appealing his five-game suspension. As for the former, PFT's Mike Florio notes that it's not a question of if the NFL will allow Tressel to work for the Colts, but when.

"In Tressel’s case, the league faces a tricky decision," Florio wrote Saturday. "Notions of fairness and consistency require the league to treat Tressel, who resigned from Ohio State under duress after admitting that he failed to share with the NCAA information regarding activities that jeopardized the eligibility of Pryor and other players, the same way that it treated Pryor. By delaying Tressel’s entry to the NFL, the league would be bolstering the perception that overt favors are now being done for the curators of the free farm system.

"The question doesn’t become relevant until the Colts submit Tressel’s contract for approval by the league office. It hasn’t happened yet. Once it does, Tressel’s fate will be in the Commissioner’s hands."

The easiest way for the league to avoid the potential PR fallout? Punish both parties in a manner than most people would deem fair. History suggests that Goodell doesn't fully understand that dynamic. Or maybe he does and he doesn't care. Either way, the commissioner now has two more things on his to-do list with the start of the season less than a week away.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 4, 2011, 07:30 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I don't see how you suspend Pryor for 5 games yet completely ignore Tressel. If anything Tressel should be suspended longer.

Honestly I don't see why either of them would be suspended for NFL activities that have nothing to do with college football. But history has shown that Goodell loves nothing more than arbitrarily suspending people.
                Last edited by Jamie H; September 4, 2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

• This interesting confluence of events reveals the naked, ugly truth about sports and why I'm not particularly interested in them any more .... save M football which I will always be interested in.

I think osu and most elite teams cheat massively when it comes to recruiting and player benefits. It's out there and has been for decades. The difference between SMU's day and osu's is the huge amount of information available instantly as a result of the various forms of information distribution and access. No one can do much of anything any more without someone finding out about it. If it smells in the least bit, the sports press is all over it (see Rosenberg).

In SMU's day it went on without the kind of intense scrutiny of today's. Going along with that was a sports press that depended on maintaining positive relationships with CFBs powerful people to get a story. Finding smoking guns and deep throat sources wasn't done in SMU's time.

...... anyway, I get another clear shot at osu and, as an added benefit, the shitty state of sports in America.

Satisfying.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I don't care what either of them do anymore.

They are bird cage liner material.

Comment

• After reviewing the WMU thread, perhaps I should champion Ohio State's stellar offensive performance as a marker of future greatness. Then again, it's a MAC team. A bad MAC team at that. But, I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Heh.

Comment

• If Akron was playing St. Eds, I'd have a hard time picking against St. Eds.

Comment

• Douchebag suspended 6 games:

Jim Tressel won't begin his tenure as replay-game consultant with the Indianapolis Colts until the seventh game of the regular season.
                          I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Colts vice chairman Bill Polian said the move came at the former Ohio State coach's suggestion after discussions over the weekend.
                            I expect nothing less from a man of such fine caliber. He understands and appreciates fully his mistake. Another predictably class move.

Man, I want my coach back.

Comment

• Spin it, Talent. I can see why you would be so proud. Once again, Saint Jim looks for a way to appear righteous when he's really just found a way to make his "punishment" meaningless.
                              Last edited by Rocky Bleier; September 5, 2011, 02:12 PM.
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Makes about as much sense as Stephen Smith does in that link.

Comment

Working...
                                X