Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did we ever get a count of who is 65 and under here? Everyone who's under has probably seen more OSU wins than Michigan wins in their own lifetime.

But hey, sure, Fielding Yost was quite a guy. So was Walter Camp. He made Yale the talk of the nation, once upon a time.

Comment

• Really DSL, frankly you are tolerable only when you are "parroting" some pointless iteration from one of Talent's triads. Leave comedy to the professionals!

PS I was just kidding about the homo thing, frankly I have no idea with respect to your sexual orientation nor do I care. However, if you actually happen to be a Butt-Pirate I suppose congratulations are in order, carry on.
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 7, 2011, 01:56 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
        If you don't have the law, you argue the facts; if you don't have the facts, you argue the law; if you have neither the facts nor the law, then you argue on the behalf of James Tressel.
        Yes precisely, LOL! Talent thinks he's got game but talking smack is easy when you're winning. When your messiah coach has been revealed as a low-quality human being who had to cheat to win it's not so easy. Talent, if he's worth his reputation, needs to come up with something here that's an actual challenge to respond to. More likely though is that he'll pull his bat/ball/home routine again, and then return an hour later to start the whole thing over again.

Comment

• Talent can't stay away from here. He likes us too much. In fact, he probably secretly wishes that his fellow ohio fans were more like us.

He, being a professional and all, .. probably gets tired of the low brow antics of his fellow ohio fans. Shoot, the man even married a woman who is a Michigan fan, (maybe she's even a Michigan grad, but I don't remember for sure) so this in itself is proof that he'd love to escape the prison that he surrounds himself with in Columbus.

But, .. alas .. sometimes people bring things upon themselves that they can never change ....

let's ask Sparty and Chief Illiniwik if they recognize OSU's 2002, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, or 2010 titles. And if they don't, well, who really cares?
          And there you have it. All wrapped up in a nutshell. All that matters is that they got the win, baby. Who cares what anyone else thinks? Cheating?... Lying? ... who says you have to win with honor and integrity? Those have no place on the football field! Its all about the scoreboard, baby!!

I wonder what Woodrow Hayes would have done with an upcoming game at Michigan, were he given the choice of a win with just a little bit of cheating, or, .. a loss, if he chose not to cheat?

That's the same choice that was presented to Saint Jim, only for an entire season, and not just the Michigan game.

We all know what he chose.

He's probably made the same choice before.
          Last edited by lineygoblue; September 7, 2011, 02:38 PM.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            How the fuck anyone says Clarett was ineligible in 2002 and Smith in 2006 is beyond me. The Smith thing, in particular, is so audaciously fucking stupid it's hard to comprehend.
            Is there any doubt that MoC and troy smith were on the take? Most people outside of ohio, after learning of the lying and cover up of tressel in the case of the tat5, know full well they were. tp, the dumb f*** that he is, allowed tressel's lying to be discovered...... just the tip of the iceberg, interpretation of the organic evolution of events, inductively reasoned .... prove the (-) and all of that.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            But, I suppose if facts are zero importance to the theory, then you can say anything. And clearly Buchanan has zero interest in facts.
            Well, not exactly ..... you offer one fact deductively and it goes something like "and all you've got is tresssel failing to forward an email" or, "he lied" that's it. Like I said, LMFAO. The amount of observed data is there and when its put together, the evidence is ovewhelming that there's a lot more going on inside c-bus than meets the eye and we're not going to see much of it because the NCAA and it poobahs have judeged its not worth it. That's my theory and its a good one.
            Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We know that OSU is today's SMU. Talent knows. Any OSU fan with a pulse (so that's what, maybe a third of them?) knows. For them, never again will they feel the pride that comes from competing honorably and besting your opponent. They know what they are and they know that they can't beat us like we beat them unless they cheat. They have nothing to crow about and they know it's downhill from there. That's not a pretty place to be in. Lord help us if the program craters. What's the worst-case for this bunch? The Tonya Hardings of college football? Worse?
              Last edited by hack; September 7, 2011, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                I wonder what Woodrow Hayes would have done with an upcoming game at Michigan, were he given the choice of a win with just a little bit of cheating, or, .. a loss, if he chose not to cheat?
                He would win at any cost, too. I've never understood why Woody is lionized on this forum. His irrational hatred and behavior a significant contributing factor to the psychotic behavior of osu fans today. He's the godfather of crazy who got a free pass his whole career until he finally choked slammed an opposing player. Even then, in front of a national TV audience, the announcers didn't make a single mention of the incident saying something to the effect of "can't really tell what happened from the replay". Bullshit. Woody was a little tyrant who used intimidation to get his way. Personally, he sounded a lot more like Chester the Child Molester than an iconic football coach but, whatever. He gets no quarter from me.

Comment

• I like that Hack....even Tonya knew when to stay down after taking a beating.

Wow the years have not been kind.

Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 7, 2011, 03:52 PM.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• DOWN GOES TRESSELL!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      He would win at any cost, too. I've never understood why Woody is lionized on this forum. His irrational hatred and behavior a significant contributing factor to the psychotic behavior of osu fans today. He's the godfather of crazy who got a free pass his whole career until he finally choked slammed an opposing player. Even then, in front of a national TV audience, the announcers didn't make a single mention of the incident saying something to the effect of "can't really tell what happened from the replay". Bullshit. Woody was a little tyrant who used intimidation to get his way. Personally, he sounded a lot more like Chester the Child Molester than an iconic football coach but, whatever. He gets no quarter from me.
                      Sure. One of the things I've learned this summer is that Woody was a dyed-in-the-wool cheater too. Seems like on a much lesser scale than Tressell, though. Woody wasn't above cheating, but didn't necessarily bask in his own filth like Tressell did. Cheating was obviously Plan A for Tressell, and controlling the process at OSU probably took up a significant portion of his time. He's lucky he was a football coach. In any other field of work he probably would have ended up incarcerated.

Comment

• I think cheating was more loosely defined back then, meaning you could do things back then that aren't allowed now.

Comment

• And in another sense you couldn't. Less money at stake so the cheating was not as lucrative and the temptation to resist easier.

Comment

• Well, my point was more that you didn't really even need to "cheat" because you could do tons of stuff that was underhanded yet tacitly legal due to lax enforcement of the rules. You could really really push the rules without outright breaking them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                              I agree with you, Mike.

I was no fan of Woody Hayes either, and you are correct when you state that a lot of the Schmucknut fans' behavior nowadays, can be traced back to Woody's antics.

And, Woody's refusal to retire, and make the university fire him after the Gator Bowl incident left a lasting stain on what should have been a more honorable career.

But, Woody was not a cheater. He definitely wanted to win, but he would have never knowingly allowed an ineligible player to play, and ruin a season for his entire team.

In fact, I daresay that people like Clarett, Pryor and T.Smith would have been kicked off his teams the moment he suspected anything fishy about them.
                              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Woody was a bully, no doubt, but he would not have run a thug program. He ran his team like a military unit. The Miami Hurricanes style of team Tressel tolerated would never have flown with Woody. He thought he was another George Patton.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X