Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    I don't think either ND or M is bad. Mediocre is probably more like it. M has obvious talent issues at certain positions. ND -- well, one game of horrendous turnovers is a fluke; two is becoming a pattern. They may be better than 0-2, but the truth is, they have been a backbreaking turnover machine. And that makes them thoroughly mediocre and not as good as M on the whole.
    Kelley is running the same kind of high risk offense at ND that he's run at all his previous stints with some success but the level of competition is much higher now than it was then. But there is no excuse for the number of fumbles other than players not being focused on holding the rock.

M's fumble woes over the RR years have ceased. They are no longer the fumble machine they were. If your looking for contrasts in coaching staffs that pay attention to not fumbling and coaching staffs that apparently don't, all you have to look at is M's reversal of turnovers under Hoke compared to Ridriguez versus ND's terrible turn-over margin in 2011.
    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; September 12, 2011, 12:06 PM.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• For the most part, we aren't dropping passes either. Hemmingway had one, but for the first time since 2007, our receivers are a net asset. Hemmingway has become a beefy poor man's version of Braylon Edwards and both Roundtree and Gallon have found their hands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
        For the most part, we aren't dropping passes either. Hemmingway had one,
        I seem to remember a few catchable passes dropped in the first half.
        Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Gentlemen, must we sully this fine thread with talk of Michigan? I understand your concern over the Wrath of Ron English this week, conquerer of not one but TWO Historically Black Colleges, but we face the hordes of Miami. All civilization prays for our speedy victory

Comment

• OSU's opening weekend opponent, the mighty Akron Zips, lost a barnburner this past weekend, getting edged out by Temple 41-3.

Comment

• A Zip is quite dangerous, when cornered

Comment

• This thread has gotten a lot more pleasant lately, but good luck indeed in the SMU Bowl!

Comment

• I think it may be because OLieO got a bit of a wake up call from an in state cupcake...
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• There is no one alive hoping for a Miami win over the hated bucks more than me ....

.... and I can guarantee you that talent was hollering and jumping for joy when ND scored with 30 seconds left, despite what he might be willing to admit here.

And, he sighed with frustration when M pulled off the miracle and won it.

Poor fellow. I'm betting he'll be suffering a bit more in 2011.

I love it.
                    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Beating Notre Dame as a measure of success? Raise the bar a little bit, sheesh

Comment

• Beating Notre Dame as a measure of success? Raise the bar a little bit
                        I dunno, Strangelove. I saw the end of that OLieO v Toledo game, and from the post game celebration I saw, (both players and fans) I would have thought that you guys beat somebody important last week ....
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          Beating Notre Dame as a measure of success? Raise the bar a little bit, sheesh
                          They are no Akron, to be sure.
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I would remind the gentlemen of the jury that Rich Rodriguez, Esq. had his fair share of success against the Fightin Irish. It did him little good come Big Ten Season (the major leagues).

I would also draw the jury's attention to our squeakers against Cincinnati (2002), San Diego State (2003), Bowling Green (2003), Marshall (2004), Akron (2007), Ohio (2008 ), and Navy (2009). In each case the struggle proved to not be a sign of things to come.

Comment

• So true. I had no idea after that 02 Cincy game that you guys would go on to run one of the dirtiest programs in college football.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                                So true. I had no idea after that 02 Cincy game that you guys would go on to run one of the dirtiest programs in college football.
                                The NCAA apparently disagrees with you. But then again, they base their rulings upon facts rather than wish fulfillment. I may as well assert that Michigan bball was the dirtiest program in all the 90's, a reflection of the people that run the institutiton.

And as we all know, Michigan football = FAILURE TO MONITOR.

Comment

Working...
                                X