Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't get the line either, still ND is going to put it together soon, as in no turnovers. It very well could be this week. First big test for MSU who has won 13-15 I think I heard lol from the Irish. Look for a nail biter.

Comment

• IF ND was playing anyone BUT Sparty, I would play that action HEAVY. Michigan State has had their number the last several seasons, whichever way it goes, it will be a good one!
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• State has been playing exhibition football, while ND has played two good teams in big-boy ball. That's the reason for the spread.

And State had a lot of problems with the Penguins.

This is one where I think the spread is possible. If ND can cut the turnovers, they can beat MSU. If Kelly is any kind of a decent coach, he'll make that his #1 priority this week.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• If ND lost every game this season and fired Kelly I would smile. However, I think he will have his boys ready and they should win at home. Still, MSU has had their number and a upset is very real....either way it's a must-see game.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm actually leaning toward rooting for Sparty just so ND can be 0-3 and have their season officially on death-watch.

Comment

• Agree with you, Mike.

How many times did we think Rodriguez was going to turn M's turnover machine on offense around? He ran a high risk offense at Michigan just like Kelley does at ND. Turnovers seem to be a part of these offensive system.

I'm convinced this kind of offense works in the minor leagues but not when you've got D/Cs in the majors who know what they are doing and enough talent on defense to execute plays. See osu, LSU versus Oregon.

There was a time when I was convinced the read-option spread or Kelley's WCO was going to take over CFB. It has expanded the arsenal of teams that know how and when to use it but as a base offense, the kind you plan your entire recruiting effort and game plan around, it sucks. Michigan is a prime example of that theory.
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• MSU may be overconfident seeing as how everyone has been telling them all summer how great they are.

Comment

• State has been playing exhibition football, while ND has played two good teams in big-boy ball.
                  How many times did we think Rodriguez was going to turn M's turnover machine on offense around?
                  Those are valid points, this will be, yes must see game. Toss up.

Comment

• I'd rather see ND win. We need for MSU to not be very good. They are a bigger recruiting threat right now, even though we are winning the battles this year. That could change if Sparty has another 10-win season and we have an 8-win season.

Comment

• Three Buckeyes reinstated by the NCAA

The wait is over for the three Ohio State players suspended for taking cash at a charity event.The NCAA announced on Tuesday afternoon that running back Jordan Hall and defensive backs Travis Howard and Corey Brown can be reinstated as soon as they repay the $200 they were given by a booster at an event in February.

Comment

• The friendship connection has kicked into gear ...
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• We want to death to ND, M will always have upperhand over MSU.

Comment

• I dunno, now that they have bronze uniforms, I think MSU is unstoppable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                              I dunno, now that they have bronze uniforms, I think MSU is unstoppable.
                              Ha. Just like the guys in "300". It didn't work out too well for them, did it?

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                                The friendship connection has kicked into gear ...
                                Yep. Emmert & Gee. And Woody used to say that Michigan was well connected politically.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X