Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol @ the Cane fan taunting us with a Gator chomp

Comment

• WTF is Fackell doing? Dude has 3 timeouts left. I know the game's already over with Bauserman playing, but shit. They have all 3 timeouts, down 11, and they could have started calling timeouts with at minimum a couple of minutes left.

Hilarious.

Oh well. 24-6 Canes.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• A good team would've put at least 40 on us tonight

Comment

• So the offense is apparently going to resemble the early 2004 offense, only Braxton is not yet Troy Smith at this point in his career. But we do have better running backs than we did then

Comment

• He needs to have some more booster bucks to follow in Troyboy's footsteps.

Comment

• Miami played Tressel ball against Ohio, could have been much worse.
              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• So does the Braxton era start now? Might as well, if you ask me.

I actually thought osu would fare better in this game. I actually thought they'd win.

Of course, I sure wasn't sad to see them lose. Their O is anemic.

Comment

• I don't understand Fickell letting the clock run down.

Maybe he knows that he's only going to be given one year no matter what, so it was no big deal.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• It would be good to have Braxton in there and knocked around a bit ....I'd love for his confidence to be shattered. His fumble reminded me a lot of something I saw in big game in TP's first year.

Having said that, O-state still is light years ahead of us. I still can't get over how poorly Denard played (passing-wise) against emu.

Comment

• I'm thinking I like a Braxton vs Mattison matchup.

Comment

• Miami -24
                        OSU -6

Heh.

DSL, I will have your punishment in the morning, you should actually know better, going up against "The Prime" is ill-advised.

Week-in, week-out, "The Prime" takes on all comers, only man left standing.

CFB Pool Top 10 as of 11:30 pm today, field of 38 Poolies.

Season Standings

Weekly Standings - Trash Talk - Printable Standings - Text Rules - Group Filter - Share

No. Username Points Win% W-L-T
                        1 THE PRIME 325 60.4 32-21-0
                        2 RYAN CAVANAUGH 320 58.5 31-22-0
                        3 RONNY MEXICO 318 66.0 35-18-0
                        4 SARDIS 312 56.6 30-23-0
                        5 CORCH76 306 56.6 30-23-0
                        6 MAINEROAD 303 60.4 32-21-0
                        7 HIVELY10 301 60.4 32-21-0
                        8 LINEY 300 56.6 30-23-0
                        9 RAZRBAK77 299 50.9 27-26-0
                        10 MESTER 292 52.8 28-25-0
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; September 17, 2011, 10:57 PM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I am still within striking distance, Mr. Prime ... :-)

Comment

• I feel the sting in your glove and the steel of your blade in my back Liney. There are a few lurking in the pack that are very dangerous, machine-like selections last season....almost shill-like, one might say.
                            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Fairly predictable. The performance by the defense out of the gate was not expected -- I expected a game more like the 2nd through 4th quarters. But the ineptitude of Joe Bausermann wasn't a surprise. Nor was the maddening play calling the third quarter (6 of 7 plays in one stretch were passes!). I did like the OL play. And it's amazing how much better a running game looks with a back that has really good vision -- it's just too bad Jordan Hall missed most of the 2nd half. Hyde was decent. The running game is fine -- it's just that they'll face 14 in the box all season.

At this stage it's fairly obvious that Miller should start. Bausermann may be a better "passing" QB - I dunno -- but he's still unspeakably bad. Miller, at least, works nicely with their power run game -- the only way they're going to move the ball against good defenses. So, I'd make the decision to move to a running offense -- 75/25 at minimum -- and let Braxton get about 10-12 attempts a game early on. It's what they did with TP and Smith. And it worked -- slowly -- but it worked. Smith finished up 5-1 in 2004 and TP went 8-2 losing heartbreakers to PSU and Texas.

This reminded me of the 2001 UCLA debacle -- which still rates as a worse offensive performance, IMO. By the end of the year, Coach Tressel had righted the ship and had that team playing well. But, that was Coach Tressel. Coach Fickell, eh, we'll see. Every game he continues to play Bausermann, I care less if he's not re-upped in December.

On the gambling front -- brilliant day all the way around (Wisky, Cincinnati, Okie State were gold!). My brother and I loaded up on the Miami-OSU under. They could have played another 2-3 quarters and not touched it.
                              Last edited by iam416; September 18, 2011, 06:29 AM.
                              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I don't know, the gold standard of offensive ineptitude still might be the 2004 game at Iowa City. But I didn't actually watch the UCLA game so that might've been worse

Comment

Working...
                                X