Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich was, if anything else, a very decent guy. I have nothing but admiration for how he handled himself (aside from his crying) in a very difficult circumstance. He's a good coach who respected his players and, I believe, what M football was all about. He got screwed by his loyalty to his friends who were incompetent as well as some stupendously stupid decisions on how to put a good defense and STs on the field.

There is no comparison between him and a conniving, cheating jim tressel who, if this all comes out like it should, will trash osu's football reputation and cause a decade or more of recovery for a program who cheated there way to the top of the B10 and national prominence.
    Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• We hear alot about the vest apologizing and increasing his penance to five games, but has the ncaa made any formal announcement to investigating on this charade?

Comment

• I just think several here are setting themselves up for disappointment. As much as I would like that lying SOS 'Vest to finally get what he deserves, he hasn't gotten to this point without knowing how to sidestep mines ... I think a likely scenario is keep the suspension as is, vacate 2010 wins, one years probation, and otherwise BUSINESS as usual.

Comment

• Damn Jeff, you've really gone off the deep end here..."christian bullshit"..Tressel=Al Capone..????

You're so full of shit, I can smell it through the computer...get off your high horse already...if you think this doesn't go on at ALL major progams, including UM, you really are dumb and blind. If the FBI wasn't involved with the Tatto parlor, none of this ever comes to light....just like it doesn't at any other program...normally...dumb luck.

I know from first hand information, Shawn Crable was on the take from a UM booster that lives in the Massilon area..this is why he chose UM....I mentioned that on the old board years ago.

You hate Tressel and OSU because of wins and losses, pure and simple. 9-1 didn't happen because of players selling their rings and such, it happened because of superior play on the field.

Have your fun now and for the next 8 months...until OSU, led by Tressel, shoves another shit sandwich down your throat on the field of play.

Have a nice day.

Comment

• Issue has nothing to do with the events of the Tat 5, this is strictly on Tressel and his pattern of lying and covering up incidents like this at OSU which is the NCAA won't look very favorably on at all...

I thought it was Burgess who you OSU guys accused of being on the take years ago, actually I'm sure of it was him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Regelbuck View Post
              If the FBI wasn't involved with the Tatto parlor, none of this ever comes to light....just like it doesn't at any other program...normally...dumb luck.
              So, if not for the FBI, Tressel would have gotten away with lying to the NCAA.

Originally posted by Regelbuck View Post
              I know from first hand information, Shawn Crable was on the take from a UM booster that lives in the Massilon area..this is why he chose UM....I mentioned that on the old board years ago.
              Sounds like you need to be making a phone call to the NCAA. Take your evidence to them, and get busy. Dishonesty like that needs responsible people like yourself to report matters like this.

You hate Tressel and OSU because of wins and losses, pure and simple. 9-1 didn't happen because of players selling their rings and such, it happened because of superior play on the field.
              And look what the winning has done. OhNo memorabilia from players, including the coveted gold panties, is hitting the market and being exchanged for tattoos and money. Sounds like the players really care about those wins.

And like 99.99% of OhNo fans I know, you have the same attitude. Winning settles everything. Anything goes. Just win, baby .. and the world is yours. You can call the shots. You can decide what's right and whats wrong. Just win, baby .....

Have your fun now and for the next 8 months...until OSU, led by Tressel, shoves another shit sandwich down your throat on the field of play.

Have a nice day.
              .... just win, baby ... not a thing in this world is more important than winning.....
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Just scanning to catch up a bit. What has happened to The Talent? Did he decide not to follow the group here?
                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Hasn't shown up yet as far as we know.

Comment

• Originally posted by WM Wolverine View Post
                    Hasn't shown up yet as far as we know.
                    Charles Hardaway also had a habit of periodic absence...

just saying

Comment

• It would be nice if talent would come back. He actually provides some useful osu insight, and actually uses facts and relevant rubuttals as opposed to the drivel posters like regel provide.

Comment

• Just scanning to catch up a bit. What has happened to The Talent? Did he decide not to follow the group here?
                        I get the feeling Mr. Talent will be taking his leave from us.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• He used to also post on the World X Western Conference Basketball forum and I haven't seen him there in a little bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            I certainly home you are not implying that there is no proof in the Tat 5 case the tressel knew in April, 10 that 5 players had received inappropriate benefits and that he lied about about it to the NCAA twice.

I may not be the best observer in this case because I clearly have a motivational bias against tressel (and smith and gee, i.e., the osu program) to get at a minimum USC like penalties for this and at the very least tressel to have to show cause.

There is no dancing around this. tressel lied and if smith and gee knew about it when tressel knew about it, which I suspect they did, the NCAA has no reasonable option other than the hammer. Does anyone who has an opposing view of this wish to advance it?
                            No. Just a general statement about the NCAA
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
                              as opposed to the drivel posters like regel provide.
                              That's called taking the bait ......

The best defense of tressel's/osu's rule breaking is, "everybody is doing it?"

tp offered a similar sentiment about murdering and stealing as I recall. Sounds like an instituional mentality of thuggery and disregard for rules designed to keep college athletics clean. USC/Mustangesque I would call the osu football program and their cheating hc. Seems like its clear what the penalties for those kinds of actions should be.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'll send you an OSU "2011 Big Ten Champions" tshirt, Jeff. You can gaze upon it and remind yourself that that's where you'd like Michigan to eventually be. Get motivated!!

Comment

Working...
                                X