Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• it'll be interesting to see if Talent is right and the 5 (joke) scholarship loss has already been agreed to between the NCAA and Ohio.

I would think the appropriate punishment would be a minimum of 5 schollies/year X 3 years + a one year post-season ban to begin NEXT year (with of course the mandatory show cause on the vest --- what a fitting end to his career!). I presume the reason Ohio is pushing for the COI to rule more quickly is they think a one-year ban is a possibility and it is best to get that in this year.

Comment

• I'd wait until we hear from the NCAA, this " self-imposed punishment " crap by OSU is laughable and has repeatedly proven too lenient.

Let's hope there REALLY is a wide degree of latitude in terms of penalty severity and the NCAA is willing to make an example of OSU. Frankly this could have not come at a worst time for OSU.
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 10, 2011, 07:06 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• talent may have some insider information on his view that a post season ban is 99.99% not going to happen.

OTH, a one season ban would be pretty meaningless at this point and osu may have already rolled on that in their behind the scenes negotiations with the NCAA.

As M fans, we need to be cautious about unrealistic expectations. I want the post season ban bad because it is what I want as an osu hater. The reality is that osu already lost arguably one of the best football coaches of all time ..... this despite that he is a lying sack-o-shit. He was one of the best game day coaches and strategists of his age. That juxtapositioning is one of the things that is maddening for me as a Michigan Man ..... a guy who wants to win with integrity. Something osu and now PSU can't - and never will - do.

You cheat, you win and no amount of playing by the rules and playing with integrity is going to change that fact as it applies to CFB. That's not necessarily true in life. In the short term, cheating might pay, but its cumulative affect on your life and the value of the contribution you might make on this earth, in the long run makes it not at all worth it.

JoePa and jt are perfect examples of that inscrutable reality.

F' osu.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I'd be surprised at this point JB, the Boys from Ohio have been essentially wrong about nearly every aspect of the scandal.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
            Fraternity pranks, what does this have to do with Adolf Tressel and his Brown Shirt Party Team?
            One of the funniest characterizations I have seen in a long time---couldn't help but laugh!

Comment

• Gene Genie Smith has got to be kidding, offering to sacrifice 5 scholies over 3 years. But it wouldn't surprise me that he gets away with that light a penalty, being that he's cozied up to the NCAA poobahs whenever possible, now needing to cash in his chips to keep his sorry-ass program out of the sling.

How 'bout doubling that # of scholarships lost, then topping it off with at least a 2-year Bowl ban? F'n bucks really oughta be slapped down with a finding of LOIC, not just a weak FTM ruling!

Comment

• Ain't ever going to happen. The NCAA and the Big Ten cannot afford to see two of its top four programs wallowing in scandals of deviant sex and rampant lying cheating. Hell, this conference is weak enough that it can't compete with the SEC. Those at the NCAA know only too well, you kill the golden goose, you lose. Cowards rule the roost.

Comment

• There's a great line in a movie where Donald Sutherland is seeking an attorney in apartheid South Africa to defend one of his black workers on a charge of killing a white farmer. He goes to see an attorney played by Marlon Brando. He is seeking "justice under the law" for his employee. Marlon Brando looks at him and says "justice and the law are,at best, distant cousins and they never speak to each other". Justice and the NCAA aren't even related.

Comment

• If Tressel had been continuously losing to Michigan, Michigan Men would have defended him to the hilt and begged that he be retained. His dominance of Michigan, his thorough mastery of Lloyd Carr (aka The Backstabber), and his resounding victories over a man Jeff, Linesman, Hack, Sean, Stan, Blue, Jamie, and others once labeled a genius are what drives the outrage over his conduct. Not the conduct itself.

Comment

• Well of course that's not true, but I'm sure that at least the majority of us are quite pleased that the trash has been pub by the curb. I certainly am. Pretty pathetic, though, that he needed to cheat just to beat a doddering old man more interested in backroom intruigues than winning football games.

Comment

• Watch the reaction to Fickell change after he beats Hoke in 16 days. He'll go from a punchline to a hated cheater. There will suddenly be much more talk around here on how "he must have known" that Tressel made cash payments to players for three decades.

No one beats Michigan honestly. Ever

Comment

• Ohio State e-mailed out ticket applications for the B10 CCG today (unlikely, I know). On the same day, OSU and the NCAA wrapped up the DiGeronimo investigation. Coincidence? Possibly. Or, perhaps, OSU is well aware that no post-season ban is in the offing. And, given that NCAA investigators had more or less approved of OSU's self-imposed penalties re Coach Tressel, the added DiGeronimo stuff amounts to about a smallish scholarship reduction. Those are, more or less, the facts.

Regardless, I expect this to finally end by the end of the month. The reason OSU is pushing for this to end is that they need to hire a coach and get on with recruiting. And, mercifully, it's about to end. Unfortunately, the scholarship reduction will sting a bit b/c OSU is going to kill 2013.
                          Last edited by iam416; November 10, 2011, 08:37 PM.
                          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I have never, ever called Saint Jim a "genius".
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I probably have.

Comment

• Over 3 years, so that amounts to less than 2 per season.

Comment

Working...
                                X