Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man are you one sorry ass bastard.

Comment

• If Fickell called the 3rd down spike he is borderline mentally challenged.
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I think it was a first year coach and a first year QB failing to communicate.

We have experience in such matters.
        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Apparently Penn State was Meyer's job should an uneventful retirement ensued. Now that "Joe, I turned my locker shower into a Turkish Bathhouse" HC job became untenable and now radioactive.....Meyer slid into the OSU gig, timing is everything. I suspect he knows the recruiting grounds of Ohio even better than Florida but it will be difficult to fill a roster with SEC-Caliber talent, 1200 miles north. He may still just get enough.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; November 30, 2011, 09:21 AM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm not so sure about the Penn State job thing, but that's of no consequence now.

UM3 doesn't need SEC-caliber talent to win the B10, though he does need it to beat the SEC. Heh.

I will say, I'm actually very surprised at how much initial interest UFM to OSU is drawing from recruits. 5* players who wouldn't consider OSU otherwise. I *think* that they may even get Noah Spence -- who decomitted from PSU. Spence is a monster. If the net of the OSU/PSU scandals this year in recruiting is losing Kalis and gaining Spence, I could live with that. Though, I'd rather have Kalis b/c OL is a massive need position.
            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bolden & Strobel aren't losses?

Your state was so loaded in DL talent (DE especially), Strobel probably isn't much of a loss. You guys are going to want a full class and then some in case of any scholarship sanctions.

Comment

• I don't even think they offered Bolden. Not to say he's not good, but I don't count that as a "loss" due to the scandal. I'm not sure he would have been in Columbus either way. I sort of have him in the Wormley bucket -- probably M regardless.

Strobel and Kalis were Buckeyes. As was Pittman. And, for that matter, Dunn. Kalis is the biggest loss, by far, of the group because it's a position of need. Pittman/Dunn would be next (Dunn is better, IMO, but I like Warren Ball and I like Derrick Green, so I like the RB situation). Strobel a distant 4th, IMO.

As you know, WM, you can tolerate a mediocre year -- and I think that's what OSU is looking at in 2012 -- probably high teens. So long as the years around it are good. Can't really tolerate consecutive mediocre years, IMO. I'm really high on OSU's 2013 class. I was really high on it before UFM came aboard.

Comment

• You have time to make a quick top recruits in Ohio for '13? We don't care about Billy Price here...

Any chance Dodson comes back to the Buckeyes? Bogard; I've seen wildly differences in opinion on him; whats yours?

Comment

• Your state was so loaded in DL talent (DE especially),
                    The ironic thing is that OSU missed, almost entirely, on Ohio DL kids. And it was a great class. And now, of all things, Noah Spence seems like he will definitely visit OSU and, even crazier still, Dante Fowler said he will do an OV to OSU. Now, I'm a firm believe in relationships win in recruiting and two months isn't long enough, so I'm not overly optimistic. But, it would be hilarious if OSU whiffed on the best DL class in Ohio in years and still ended up with Washington, Spence and Fowler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                      I hear Coach Fickell nailed his presser. Kids re-pledging their commitments. Phone calls coming in from across the country.

Dark days ahead for Michigan
                      What have you heard about Urban Meyer's presser??
                      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I'll rustle up a top 10 list for 2013 -- or at least a players to watch.

Dodson is very, very much in play. Bogard would not have had an offer from UFM, IMO. The player in this class that's under the radar is Najee Murray. That kid can play.

Comment

• Wasn't aware that Penn State lost Spence.

IMHO that program could be in for some really tough times. It sounds like they aren't even considering keeping around JoePa's old staff. That might come back to bite them as those guys have been keeping the team afloat during ten years of "Weekend at Bernie's". I think that Bradley might have been an excellent head coach. That program is a massive sleeping giant and over the past decade they've had a bunch of teams that had top a top 10 defense but no quarterback.

Comment

• For the class of 2013 in Ohio.

Jalin Marshall (QB/ATH) and Cameron Burrows (DB). I'm not sure who will get #1, but these two are the top 2 by a good margin. Marshall has been repeatedly compared to a Percy Harvin type player. He's a QB, but his high school basically runs the option all day long, so he's more of an ATH. Burrows is the best DB in the state. His team, btw, has gads of talent on the defense.

For the rest, I'll go by position.

Lineman: Price, Lovell Peterson (OL), Evan Lisle (OL). Some people would put Jake Butt into this group. Matter of opinion. Taco Charlton (DE) may also be up there.

LB/RBs: Very thin year for RBs. Some people really like Mike McCray (LB) (from Burrows school). Courtney Love and Ben Gedeon are in the conversation, too.

ATH/DB/WR: Dymonte Thomas (probably top 5 in the state and some would say #3). Caleb Day (ATH), Shelton Gibson (WR), Malik Zaire (QB/ATH), and Ross Douglas (RB/DB/ATH).

So, Thomas is M and Gibson, for the moment, is Auburn. Of that group, I think Douglas is going to be undervalued. I'm not sure if he'll get an offer from OSU because he's a short corner (5'10). But that kid can play. Someone will steal him and get a hell of player.

Comment

• Honestly, why would Meyer trust unscrupulous ass clowns such as Gee & Smith....get ready for door # 5!!!

In 10 years as a college coach with Bowling Green, Utah and Florida, Meyer is 104-23. With a record like that, do you think he would be scared off by the NCAA's looming hammer?
                              "I have great trust and faith in our athletic director and president," he said. "On my own, I did a little bit of research. But at the end of the day I asked the same question you did: 'Is there anything behind Door No. 2, 3, 4, and I feel very confident and have great trust that there's not.'
                              "We'll have to deal with the scholarship issue, and I have great trust that we will and we'll move forward."

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Peas in a pod, OP ...
                                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

Working...
                                X