Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Baloney has a first name.....
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• DSL, I am hearing Florida v. OSU in the Gator? Too rich..... but I'd like it.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• That's old news OP. Been reported since the game. It has been dubbed the"Oscar Meyer Fat Man's Bowl"

Comment

• Ah yes, good one Stan. We'd have Shemp, The Fat Man & Oscar Mayer Wiener, it's a Sit Com not a football game.

Comment

• hey ... watch the "fat man" jokes ...

Mike Stoops as OlieO DC? Well, his defense couldn't keep him working at Arizona, .. but then, .. maybe he's a better second banana than he is a HC
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• .... that's what they said about GERG.

Comment

• Mike Stoops had a very good track record at OU. I have no idea if he can replicate that in Columbus.

In other OSU news that may interest M fans, it looks like Sevon Pittman will take an OV to Columbus. I would be suprised if he ever suits up for Dantonio.

In OSU news that will be of zero interest to M fans, LaQuinton Ross is back on the hoops team. That's a really nice addition. He's a scoring/slashing 3. If he can get his defense up to an acceptable level, he should see some decent minutes.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Thought he wasn't going to be eligible til Dec 9th?

Comment

• Never felt Pittman was securely a Spartan. Sparty was his 2nd or 3rd choice after M turned him away. M really loves their DE class; Mario Ojemudia, Tom Strobel & Chris Wormley

Comment

• LOL @ Talent trolling. He's said several times he prefers Tressel to Meyer and has his doubts about Meyer.

Comment

• Oracle:

You are correct. It's now official, though, that he will be rejoining the team on the 9th.

WM Tiger:

Yeah, M has no worries on DL. Personally, I rated Kalis is the clear #1 loss and Pittman as a distant #2. I prefer Wormley (well, depends on the day), to Pittman, but, as noted above, Wormley was never really OSU's to lose (incidentally, if someone has the recordings, you should watch Strobel play St. Ignatius then Wormley play St. Ignatius).

OSU could finishing with Washington, Pittman and Spence. That'd be strong, too. Though, from what I hear, if LJ Sr is on the staff, Spence will stick at PSU.
                        Last edited by iam416; December 2, 2011, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                          LOL @ Talent trolling. He's said several times he prefers Tressel to Meyer and has his doubts about Meyer.
                          He's also told us, countless times, that he was leaving here and would be taking all of his words of wisdom with him. We should be grateful that he's as lacking in integrity as the people he emulates.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                            LOL @ Talent trolling. He's said several times he prefers Tressel to Meyer and has his doubts about Meyer.

In addition, "The program is in excellent hands, Fickell was the handpicked successor to Tressel, groomed and ready, the transition will be seamless....."

Yet, so much went so wrong and so fast!
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 2, 2011, 08:56 AM.

Comment

• Hmmmm, I'm not sure I said, that, OP. I've always thought Fickell's gig was temporary. I did think they'd go 8-4. In any event, the got UFM. Which, heh, was never going to happen according to some.

I'm thrilled UFM is at OSU and I'm thrilled Coach Fickell is still on the staff. The page is turned and the future bright.

Comment

• I will never begrudge a man for wanting to feed his family and at 4 mil a year, they will eat well. There just one small problem, the good folks of Florida feel used and betrayed. Gainesville folks welcomed he and his family to the community, took him at his word, cared for him when he was sick......

July 26th, 2011
                                Finally, when Coach Tressel resigned, it was a very sad for me. I will miss him greatly. I understand what had to be done, but it still was a terrible day. I will probably go out to a HSFB game the first week of the season as a show of support for the Ohio HS coaches. I will certainly be in attendance when he's invited back to Dot the "I". His book is closed and now it's onward with Coach Fickell who, by most accounts, was a quasi-coach-in-waiting. We just assumed he'd have to wait 3-4 more years. I hope he succeeds. I understand that Coach Meyer would be an instant cure-all for OSU's problems, but I'd prefer to see Coach Fickell succeed. Anyway, we'll see how it plays out.
                                Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 2, 2011, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X