Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Sour grapes from an AD who's now very nervous and fearful of the future
    LOL! Yeah, Dave Brandon, who just hired the Big Ten coach of the year and set up Michigan's first night-game which resulted in an NCAA attendance record, is fearful of his future because OSU hired Urban Meyer.

RIIIIGHT.

Comment

• Dave Brandon is a marketing GENIUS

Comment

• Dave Brandon is some good, some bad. What he isn't is worried about his job based on Ohio State hiring a pathological liar as their coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
          Did we get to have two when RichRod was hired?
          Rich Rod was hired before Lloyd's last game. So you at least were allowed to have two head coaches at the same time

Comment

• But we didn't have Rich Rodriguez and his staff out on the road recruiting, while Lloyd and his staff was prepping for the bowl game. Rodriguez didn't make any significant recruiting moves until after Lloyd was gone.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Well lol good for DB, keep a close watch on the enemy and be vocal about them. Can anyone picture Bill Martin saying anything close to this.

Comment

• LMAO @ Brandon. And LMAO @ some M fans. It's going to be fun. Very fun.
                Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Fun? Come on! No destruction (and other words that start in the letter a) on what osu and UM will do to M next year?

Comment

• I don't think this is an earth-shattering situation, but at the same time when it comes to recruiting, OlieO effectively has two head coaches. They have one preparing the team for a bowl game, and the other is out recruiting. Michigan isn't the only one affected by this. Every team that is in on a recruit with OlieO is affected. It does give OlieO somewhat of an advantage.

Not sure how it can be fixed, though. Even if they told Pope Meyer that he couldn't recruit until after the bowl game, he'd find a way around it.

Comment

• I'm confused, is fickell still the coach in waiting or is urbie the coach in waiting?

Comment

• Geo - Pope Meyer is the recruiting HC, and Fickell is the bowl game HC.

I'm sure Urbie will be somewhere in the stadium on Gator Bowl day.

Comment

• On another note, UNC was granted the exact same waiver that OSU received. They have one staff coaching the bowl game while their new head coach, Larry Fedora, is free to go out and recruit.

Feel free to be equally outraged at this travesty

Comment

• Okay, I am outraged, but not equally because UNC recruiting doesn't affect us. If talent is "LMAO" that Brandon and M fans have pointed out that this gives Ohio an unfair advantage that he is an even bigger idiot than most here already believe him to be.

Carry on, buckfans, carry on.

Comment

• So you were outraged that the NCAA allowed Michigan to hire Rich Rod and let him recruit while Lloyd coached the bowl game?

Comment

• Water Tower DSL, Water Tower.....
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X