Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any calibration I'm doing is to dial down optimism.

I'm not sure who Coach Hoke pulled in January, so I can't really speak to that.

UFM + PSU disaster = unthinkable boon. 2 months ago, the thought of getting Spence and Schutt to OSU was criminally insane.

I will also say this--it's not jsut UFM. It's the fact that they kept Fickell. Pittman said that was a big factor in his decision--he really likes Fickell--and Fickell kept selling him OSU even with his job in question. I think the same can be said about Dunn. Fickell is the only reason Dunn didn't decommit -- well he is, essentially, decommitted -- Fickell is the only reason Dunn hasn't committed to M.

Spence, Jones, Diamond, Schutt...those guys are all straight UFM pulls.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• BTW, I imagine that the MSU boards are fun to read this morning. Heh.

Comment

• I would imagine. My guess is that MSU will be the biggest loser in the Ohio recruit sweepstakes. Seems like the biggest battles will be between UM and OSU. Maybe not, but that is how it looks to be shaping up.

Comment

• I can appreciate the optimism of osu fans. After 18 months of gut wrenching bad news, things are looking up for the buckeyes.

turbin better produce. Anything less than 10 wins, including a victory over M, is going to create massive complaining from the osu fan base.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I would imagine. My guess is that MSU will be the biggest loser in the Ohio recruit sweepstakes. Seems like the biggest battles will be between UM and OSU. Maybe not, but that is how it looks to be shaping up.
            Personally, what I see happening is this (and this is perhaps overly optimistic--just to caution you): UFM only goes after the top shelf players in Ohio. No more "3* heaven" as some recruitniks pejoratively referred to Tressel's approach. UFM makes the best kids in Ohio a priority, but doesn't give kids the benefit of the doubt b/c they're from Ohio. The result is that OSU takes fewer Ohio kids than they did under Tressel. This leads to increased opportunities for other schools. So, IMO, it's not so much an M-OSU battle -- it's an M-MSU or M-PSU or M-ND battle. Right now, I think Hoke has M in a very good place to win all of those. And I think you'll se that in the class of 2013. I think M will pick off some good recruits from Ohio that Tressel would have offered but UFM does not. JMO.

turbin better produce. Anything less than 10 wins, including a victory over M, is going to create massive complaining from the osu fan base.
            No doubt. He has to win now. I'm expecting at least 10 wins next season for a host of reasons previously discussed.

And, heh, just a hair under 12 months of bad news, not 18. By my count, that clocks Ohio State's "troubles" in at 2 years less than M's three year debacle of misery.

Comment

• Also, Everett Withers, current interim HC at NC, appears to be OSU's next DC. Aside from being a DC, he focuses on the secondary. I preferred Stoops, but shit, he wants to coach with his brother (unless a great HC job comes open). I'll have to read up on Withers, now, as a DC. I've heard he has a great reputation as a recruiter, which would fit with UFM's model.

Short-term...it helps a lot with Jamal Marcus.
              Last edited by iam416; December 13, 2011, 09:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                I can appreciate the optimism of osu fans. After 18 months of gut wrenching bad news, things are looking up for the buckeyes.

Let's hope the Infractions Committee has a certain degree of latitude without fear of reprisal from Emmert. I mean Gee & he were "housemates" or Life partners or whatever, Emmert should have immediately recused himself because of the prior and potentially intimate relationship.

USC received a two year bowl ban among other penalties because an assistant coach should have known Bush was receiving improper benefits. What Tressel was found guilty of was far worse, as a HEAD COACH he knew 5 of his players were ineligible, rolled the dice, was busted but still lied to NCAA Investigators about it.

Clearly lack of Institutional Control butfor the "Housemate" relationship. Anyway, Infractions Committee , do your worst.
                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm affraid the time for the deserved nut busting due the bucks from the NCAA is past. I'm preparing myself not to be flabbergasted when the NCAA announces nothing further in the form of penalties for osu.

Polish and save the brand.

CFB (and the NCAA) needs furbin to bring osu back to the top so everyone will forget about Jerry Sandusky.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• I can't wait to read DB's e-mail to the AP when those sanctions come down.

Comment

• I don't see where Brandon's opinion would be worth any more than any other AD in the country.

That being said, I'm going to be interested in what USC's AD has to say after OlieO gets away with it.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Dodson will probably make it official today.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                          I can't wait to read DB's e-mail to the AP when those sanctions come down.
                          Me too! DB should actually be drawing two salaries, one as Michigan AD and the second as an NCAA watchdog with balls!
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I guess Urban Ass hired Tom Herman as his OC, sort of....but apparently doesn't need one, reeks of Hubris, can't wait for the crash.

"Tom Herman has one of the bright young minds in college football," Meyer said in a statement released by Ohio State on Friday. "His philosophies are very similar to those of my own.
                            I spoke to numerous colleagues about Tom, and all had great things to say about him. I enjoyed our time together during the interview process, and I am excited to have him on the staff."

According to a recent profile written by Bruce Feldman of CBSSports.com, Herman is, or at least was, a member of Mensa, an organization for those with high IQs. Herman downplayed the membership, but he was at least smart enough for Meyer. Meyer has said he'll call his own plays and, in many ways, he'll serve as his own offensive coordinator. But Herman will play a large role in implementing the spread offense in Columbus and in tutoring freshman quarterback Braxton Miller.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 13, 2011, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• He's no Dan Mullen.
                              Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Mike Leach in his TT days would have loved Herman.

This is an interesting hire. Meyer WAS THE OC on all the UF teams he coached. Two different styles that is for sure. Herman had his offenses at Iowa State and Rice throwing the ball all over the place ..... more like Spurrier with his Fun and Gun offense when he was at UF. If you are a big time receiver, you want to sign up for this offense.

If I were Dunn I'd start worrying about whatever smoke turbin is trying to blow up his ass about using him as anything other than a big blocking back. Hope Dunn likes to block.

I could be wrong, but I don't see Herman, on his own, as a Pro-set, power run, with a smattering of spread kind of guy. His experience seems to be putting high scoring offenses that throw for 400 yards and run for 50 on the field. More likely, Herman, a relatively young guy, is seen as the kind of coordinator who furbin can shape and will do what he is told.

Comment

Working...
                                X