Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think Fickell feels that he's been disrespected in any way. I suspect he knew he was a steward to the throne all along. If Ohio was slapped with massive sanctions he knew that he might have to hold the stewardship a bit longer, but once it was clear they would get little more than a slap on the wrist (oh wait...we are asked to believe that getting a lying/cheating coach on the probable downslope of his career to be the thrown out as the fall guy is a severe punishment), I think Fickell knew that he wasn't going to be the man.

Comment

• Obviously with the "Divine Halo Rule" is in full effect from above, the Mile-High Messiah elects to play sans ?quipe .

Apparently OSU Gordon Gee has approached NCAA "tough guy" Mark Emmert about possibility of allowing a special waiver to permit Tebow to rejoin his adoptive father in Columbus. The "cozy" relationship will grant Tebow an additional 4 years of NCAA eligibility. When Emmert was asked to defend his decision, he simply replied , " It's not that unusual these special dispensations are granted to OSU all the time and besides it's Urban frickin' Meyer"! Nice to see the Urban Pontifex get his way again.

Gee was eventually reached for comment but was found simply whistling that snappy Burt Bacharach tune,"That's What Friends Are For"...keep smiling.
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 18, 2011, 01:49 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Fickell won't be leaving for Pitt.

NCAA ruling expected Tuesday. Rumor--additional year of probation and 1 (maybe 2 or 3) additional scholarships. We shall see.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 3-year bowl ban.

No doubt the Urban Pontifex will still be running the spread version of Tressel's "Cash, Cars & Courtesans" program but at least the entire college football world will be watching and that is priceless.

Talent, my Boat Engineer Joshua was unable t get his picks in, sent to Cancun to remedy a (108 footer) software problem. Anyway, that two for me, so please apply the $25 credit towards next year. thx
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 18, 2011, 01:30 PM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• It should be at least a 2 year bowl ban. OlieO forfeited last season's games, but yet accepted a bowl bid and got paid for it. I'm not sure if the money has been returned yet, but that should happen if it hasn't already. So, they should be banned from post season play next season, at the very minimum. The second year should be added because of the lies and deception involved in trying to cover it all up. And, that Tressel was not forthcoming about his involvement until he actually appeared before the NCAA, and even then, was very 'clintonian' in his answers.
            Last edited by lineygoblue; December 18, 2011, 05:33 PM.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I'd prefer to see scholarship losses to bowl bans. Bowls are irrelevant and um will recruit well even if they have to miss the postseason once or twice.

The penalty for playing ineligible players so egregiously should be, if consequences are natural, loss of eligible players. Read; scholarships.

Wishful thinking on my part, though. The NCAA can give all the bowl bans they want, as it makes it look like they are actually enforcing something. osu doesn't need the money earned by bowl bans. The only thing that might sting a tad is the loss of that extra practice time for players.

Comment

• Bowl bans have a huge impact IMO . Elite players are denied an opportunity to showcase their talent to the NFL. Elite players will look to other schools and programs where they will not be prejudiced by the nefarious actions of others. USC had a hell of a year but kept out of the national narrative.
                Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 18, 2011, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• The entire Big Ten should be forced to return all BCS bowl money earned through OSU's nefarious cheating.

Comment

• Looks like 5-Star Noah Spence switching to OSU is a done deal. Bruce Feldman retweeted the kid's declaration of love for Coach Meyer and put it out there that this is Urban's third major DL commitment in the span of a week.

Comment

• Wait until OSU is criminally sentenced, Seantrel Henderson dumped USC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                        The entire Big Ten should be forced to return all BCS bowl money earned through OSU's nefarious cheating.
                        Sure that's like being married to a Columbus prostitute, you don't mind spending the spoils of her labor.

Comment

• There is a massive disconnect between public perception and what the NCAA actually is passing judgment on. Setting aside what you think about the disconnect, it's existence is indisputable. Tressel's failure to forward along the e-mails didn't merit a FtM allegation according to the NCAA. That assessment was consistent with their approach to GT. The DiGeronimo stuff is booster-related, so the NCAA added a FtM allegation. FtM allegations generally max out with scholarship reductions.

Whatever anyone thinks should be in front of the NCAA is one thing. What is in front of the NCAA is another. And the latter is what they'll punish Ohio State for.

In the meantime, the UFM recruiting train continues. He's now secured what is arguably the best DL class in the country. I love it. And to think, I though he couldn't do much to salvage this class.

Comment

• Of course there are "statutory guidelines" for sentencing, and the punishment should fit the crime, I doubt anyone disputes this. What I find particularly interesting is that the FtM was levied while OSU was still under investigation. I suspect this will not sit well the Infractions Committee as it is obvious that OSU continued to game the system, let us hope they have the audacity to do the right thing and punish OSU to the fullest extent possible even though Gee & Emmert have a cozy "housemate" relationship even though there was a mountain of evidence affirming obvious lack of institutional control.

I agree that there is a massive disconnect but it lies strictly within the Buckeye Nation, Tressel's malfunctioning outbox is not the issue, simply Tressel often played ineligible players, when finally caught he still lied to NCAA investigators, it cost him his job ultimately.

In the end, Tressel was exposed, fired and his tenure at OSU was wiped out, he will always remain tainted and toxic. Whatever additional punishment the dysfunctional NCAA renders is simply a bonus.

It should be enough to dissuade most series student athletes from join the Urban Pontefix but there will always be dullards that find sanctuary at State schools for those academically challenged & the waywardly indolent.
                            Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 19, 2011, 06:28 AM.

Comment

• For Example:

Degrees of separation
                              Rated a four-star prospect and the No. 9 corner in the country according to Scout.com, the 5-10, 195-pound prospect had Michigan as one of his three finalists along with Notre Dame and Penn State before he settled on Happy Valley as his future destination in early August. The Wolverines thrust themselves prominently into the mix thanks in large part to a memorable visit to Ann Arbor in the spring.

"I think the thing I took away from (that spring visit) was the academic presentation," stated Reeves. "It was phenomenal! They really broke down for us how they approached everything and they really stressed how important academics are to the program. Football is all great, but getting a degree is that much (greater), and they really expressed that. That's what I really liked about Michigan. Obviously the football program is going to take care of itself, but academically, it's a really good school and they really showed it."
                              "We did the visit in the spring (to Michigan) and people asked me (afterward), 'What impressed you?'" the elder Williams recalled. "Having gone through this with my oldest son and now with these two boys — (Michigan's) academic presentation is the best that I've seen. They do a tremendous job of making sure the student-athletes can manage their way through a tough academic institution. I'm sure that will impress (Reeves') mother because she hasn't seen that yet."

In addition to offering his insight on what programs can offer academically and athletically, Williams also plays a significant role in vetting the people those programs are comprised of. He can shed particular light on the staff at Michigan due to his prior familiarity with a few of its coaches.

Conversely at Ohio, " Where's my Flo, Ho & Ride, Bitach!

Comment

• Fortunately, OP, the view of OSU fans is more in line with what the NCAA has in front of it. Right or wrong, that is an objective fact. Hence the disconnect.

Comment

Working...
                                X