Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well, it's pretty clear Urban and Ohio are going to have teams that are going to be considerably more talented than Hoke and M. Will be really embarrassing if they still find a way to lose.
    Last edited by Pasadena Blue; December 20, 2011, 12:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      BTW, who is this Paul fella? Seems to have some real anger management issues.
      No anger here; don't suffer fools gladly, I guess.
      Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• 3pm today.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• OSU gets the AXE today, DSL grab your ankles.

CP Dealer -Doug Lesmerises' take on what may happen today:

* Based on talking to people inside and outside Ohio State that know the NCAA process, my feeling is that Ohio State is unlikely to be hit with much more than the penalties the school has already self-imposed. Those penalties include a loss of five overall scholarships in three years, vacating the 2010 football season, and two years of probation. I think losing slightly more scholarships is possible, but I don't expect a bowl ban for Ohio State. If there is a suprising bowl ban, it could not be applied to this season for the Gator Bowl. It would be for 2012.

* Beyond the school's penalties, the NCAA will be ruling on former OSU coach Jim Tressel. A show cause penalty for a number of years, which would tie Tressel's penalties to any school that hires him, is almost a sure thing for Tressel. That penalty, which would probably be for something between three and five years, would make it more difficult for Tressel to be hired by other schools.

* Even if the penalties are not much different, it will be interesting to hear members of the Committee on Infractions speak on Ohio State. They will have a conference call with reporters at 3 p.m., and will explain their reasoning for the penalties.

* The initial news conference announcing the violations and five-game suspensions for the OSU football players involved in the tattoo scandal was on Dec. 23 of last year. And just short of a year later, it's almost over.

*1 Year TV BAN would be truly fitting, IMO. (to be applied Next Year) *uck the Urban Pontifex.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 10:09 AM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I have to agree with the article. I don't expect much more than they have already self imposed. The NCAA has let OlieO slide before, and they're going to do it again.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• People need to remember that the FTM and scholarship penalties are all supposedly coming from DeGeronimo paying the kids. Tressel's cheating is not going to amount to a single ounce of meaningful punishment. It's official -- if the coach cheats, the program doesn't get punished as long as there is no paper trail explicitly tying the cheating to somebody else. It doesn't matter how blatant the cheating is or how significant the competitive advantage gained from it. If your coach gets caught, just fire him. You don't even have to do it right away or with prejudice.

There has still been no investigation into vehicle "sales", and I'm guessing that the Dennis Talbott stuff is getting stuffed into the Memory Hole.

If you are an athletic director, the key to victory is to never have a paper trail with your coach. Let him cheat all he wants and just make sure to tell him in a private meeting that he's on his own if he gets caught. You'd be stupid not to do this.
              Last edited by Hannibal; December 20, 2011, 10:38 AM.

Comment

• This is as good a time as any to remind everyone that Michigan got a stiffer penalty for 15 minutes a day of stretching than OSU is going to get for Jim Tressel's willful breaking of the rules to gain a significant competitive advantage. Michigan's violations of the rules would have never been discovered had it not been for a dishonest newspaper article that initiated an investigation under false pretenses.

Comment

• There has still been no investigation into vehicle "sales", and I'm guessing that the Dennis Talbott stuff is getting stuffed into the Memory Hole.
                  I'm curious as to how you could possibly know that is true.

Tressel's cheating is not going to amount to a single ounce of meaningful punishment.
                  Coach Tressel would surely beg to differ. I'm sure he wished he forwarded along those e-mails. I'm sure he wished the OSU AD was complicit with him instead of self-reporting his e-mails to the NCAA. Cost him his job, his reputation and likely a huge "show cause" hammer.

Comment

• Tressel should be broken on the wheel, his wife sold into slavery, and his daughters throw into the whore pits. osu should be docked 10 scholarships (ie copies of Hooked On Phonics) per year for 5 years and banished from bowls for 10. Let them be a poster child for whining about NCAA sanctions rather than a poster child for how to get away with remorseless cheating.
                    “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      I'm curious as to how you could possibly know that is true.
                      I'm assuming at this point. If either of those were seriously looked into, you guys would be beyond fucked. The Dennis Talbott stuff is pretty obvious. Even the most apologetic of OSU fans have long since acknowledged that Terrelle Pryor was an amateur in name only. Remember how pissed off you guys were when Pryor showed up to a team meeting in a fancy new automobile? And you guys gave us crap when Dennis Talbott snuck into our stadium. You wouldn't do that unless you know the guy is a sleazebag who shouldn't be around an athletic program.

Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                      Coach Tressel would surely beg to differ. I'm sure he wished he forwarded along those e-mails. I'm sure he wished the OSU AD was complicit with him instead of self-reporting his e-mails to the NCAA. Cost him his job, his reputation and likely a huge "show cause" hammer. .
                      A penalty for the coach only, and not the institution (who gave him a handsome severance and was going to let him off with a slap on the wrist). "Reputation" cost is debateable, since OSU fans still all love him and most everyone who thinks he's a cheater already knew it anyways. "Show cause" is worthless since the guy was going to retire in a few years. In the end, Tressel will almost certainly end up in the college hall of fame and anyone who cares will say that he went 9-1 against Michigan.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; December 20, 2011, 10:53 AM.

Comment

• There has still been no investigation into vehicle "sales", and I'm guessing that the Dennis Talbott stuff is getting stuffed into the Memory Hole.
                        That is essentially it, let the IRS investigate every Buckeye that got a "Sweet Tressel Motors Deal". Prove the earned income for every football player that received a special lease or reduced purchase of every single motor vehicle that Tressel & his entourage setup.

When the income numbers simple do not add up, there would be a ton of finger-pointing, realistically most if not all of these kids, simply would not financially qualify as full-time students, which begs the question, Where did they get the money? I say let the IRS work its "Magic". Five beautiful letters, A-U-D-I-T!
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 10:56 AM.
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• I'm assuming at this point. If either of those were seriously looked into, you guys would be beyond fucked. The Dennis Talbott stuff is pretty obvious. Even the most apologetic of OSU fans have long since acknowledged that Terrelle Pryor was an amateur in name only.
                          These are the lines that are going to make my day. The tears will be better coming from the reporters, but the whole, "it was reported, it must be true" assumption that underlies all these comments will be just so perfect.

Thanks, Hanni!
                          Last edited by iam416; December 20, 2011, 10:59 AM.

Comment

• You will be happy to know the scuttlebutt is that OSU is going to get a bowl ban. Bah. If true, then the NCAA neatly hosed OSU (there's no way they send a 6-6 team to a bowl if the NCAA had that as a real option). Bah. HUMBUG, I say!

Comment

• What is that you say, BOWL BAN? If true, The Prime is right again.

* That's right Urban, no Little Caesars for you!
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 12:59 PM.

Comment

• It would be interesting, especially given what the NCAA did with UConn's FtM charges in hoops and the fact that a FtM charge (w/o LoIC) almost never, if ever, draws a bowl ban. If theres a 1 year bowl ban, Gene Smith should be fired within the hour. But regardless, FINALITY. That will be nice.
                                Last edited by iam416; December 20, 2011, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X