Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is not even a slap on the wrist.

Comment

• ...... if the post season ban emerges as an NCAA imposed penalty, that seems to imply that they connected the dots. That is to say, smith knew more than he has claimed to know. That would be the basis of penalties for FtM that include a bowl ban, I would think.

IOW, he did not self report his involvement and the evidence, factual or not, suggests he did know. That's exactly how the NCAA ruled in the USC case .... they connected the dots. The kind of evidentiary rules in the law that talent has claimed must be applied, will apparently not be applied and the NCAA instead will use common sense.

Looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it is a duck.

This will be most satisfying if true and the rumor mill at Rivals is suggesting it is. But I'm not about to cackle with knowing glee just yet.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
        It would be interesting, especially given what the NCAA did with UConn's FtM charges in hoops and the fact that a FtM charge (w/o LoIC) almost never, if ever, draws a bowl ban. If theres a 1 year bowl ban, Gene Smith should be fired within the hour. But regardless, FINALITY. That will be nice.
        Why?

Has the NCAA ever shown any consistency in its rulings?

This is not the Federal Courts we are talking about here. You know this.

BTW, I agree with you on smith ....... but the firing should have happened a long time ago and the BoT/gee were spineless in not insisting on it.
        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• The Urban Pontifex is on a hotline with Vatican City this very moment, attempting to arrange a Special Dispensation. "For Christ's sake your Eminence, this is frickin" OSU we are talking about"!

Smith, Gee & Fickell should stay exactly where they are, at present.

4 years probation to be added?
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 01:49 PM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Cackling with knowing glee ...... one year bowl ban. It's official:

Comment

• What's really sad about this is that Michigan will only get to beat them once next season.

Wonder if all the switchees are thinking, "that (ufm) lying sack of shit?"

Comment

• I hear that the NCAA will give Ohio St an extra 5 scholarships next year for the inconvenience of the investigation
                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• The penalty means Ohio State automatically is out of the running for any bowl, or a Big Ten or national championship next year, just as newly appointed head coach Urban Meyer is wooing recruits to the Buckeyes.

* Strip four more football scholarships over the next three years on top of Ohio State’s prior forfeiture of five scholarships over that span.
                  * Add an additional year of probation to OSU’s self-imposed two-year probation for the football program, meaning any violations through the 2013 season could draw harsher-than-normal penalties.
                  The NCAA also will hand a show-cause penalty to former head coach Jim Tressel for failing to report that some team members improperly sold memorabilia and for allowing ineligible players to compete throughout the 2010 season.
                  ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• 9 scholarships over 3 years total.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• The dialog has been rightfully switched back to the stinking pile of shit all Michigan fans have known osu to be.

Right at a good time for players considering signing their LOIs. This could get interesting.

We're going to find out how good ufm is. Can he turn the dialog back to where it was before this stunning announcement? Can he do it with osu in search of a new AD? (assuming smith is fired like he should be for this).

Comment

• The show-cause penalty against Tressel signifies he is a serious offender and means that any NCAA school that hires him could be subject to sanctions for appointing him as football coach absent a showing it should escape penalties.

But Talent said Tressel was guilty of nothing more than faulty email outbox management?

Comment

• At a news conference, Gee was asked if he had considered firing Tressel. “Are you kidding? I’m just hopeful the coach doesn’t dismiss me,” Gee quipped.

How you like me now?

Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• Unprecedented NCAA penalty for the allegations. Such is life. I'm glad it's over. Unfortunately, the best team in the B10 is out of the running next season.

Two lessons:

(1) Never. Ever. Self-report. Ever.

(2) Gene Smith is a numbskull. I suspect he got f'd by the NCAA, but still. Take the bowl ban this year and play it safe.

Oh well, onward. 2012 is still going to be a great season.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• These penalties are fitting for what little the NCAA investigated; 3 scholarships a year for 3-years, 1 year bowl ban, show cause on JT and 3-years of probation.

Scholarship reductions won't hurt much (82 max instead of 85), not if Urban recruits like he's been doing and he has all of Ohio to choose from and Pennsylvania recruits are fair game with PSU in more trouble (LOIC). What hurts Ohio the most is the lost of reputation and the bowl ban, bowl ban only hurts the '12 recruiting class. Class of '13 won't see a penalty.

Comment

• I love that those are the lessons you learned. Not to make sure guys aren't getting loaner cars, or that you don't play ineligible players or you don't pay players.

Nope. The lesson you learn is don't get caught.

That's the Michigan difference.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X