Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You guys still got off easy and you know it.
    Unprecedented penalties per the allegations don't qualify as "easy." OSU was hammered. BUT, it's done.

Book is closed and I love the future. LOVE the future.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There is a big difference in culture between Columbus and Ann Arbor and is apparent when talking to with my 'Ohio' part of the family (mostly OSU fans)...

In Columbus its win at all costs, when caught red handed deceit, deflect, delay... In AA values ethics, playing the right way; UofM couldn't have been more transparent in the NCAA practice-gate scandal. 180 degrees different.

Comment

• Re: "unprecedented"

Depends upon what you consider the precedent to be. If you consider it to be punishment in proportion to the competitive advantage gained by willfullly breaking the rules, I still say OSU got off easy by not having to give back double what they got. That's what we did with StretchGate.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
          The book is finally closed.
          You wish.

CFB reporting will be filled with reviews of the last 12 months of the ongoing osu scandal. In that stories generally only have a shelf life of a week or so, you may be spared a prolonged pillorying .... not that osu doesn't deserve it.

I kind of agree with you on recruiting as much as I wish a whole pile of 2012 recruits, including brionte dunn, would start looking elsewhere. The upside of that sort of thing would be the shit storm this would create among the twittering, facebook idiocy of 17 and 18 year "future NFL greats" (in their own minds) that ufm would have to deal with.

So, no. It's not over with. You have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. It might have settled down by then.

Heh, heh.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Gene Smith, 4 more years!

The will be OSU decomits, only the final number remains a mystery.
            Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 02:40 PM.
            ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Depends upon what you consider the precedent to be
              Previous FtM allegations with no accompanying LoIC.

In any event, it was the DiGeronimo stuff that hosed OSU. Which, of course, was for less money that the $6000 in improper benefits at UConn hoops and their FtM charge.

Comment

• Book not closed on OSU yet until you guys win your lawsuit against ESPN (I haven't heard one way or the other who's favored to win that battle).

Comment

• Buchanan:

I hope you make it to Columbus next season for the real B10 CG. And I hope you stick around longer after the game than you did in 2008. Have a Merry Christmas, kind sir! Always good chatting with you.

Comment

• Oh please, Lack of Institutional Control should have been levied, thank God for "housemate" relationships. Case closed.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Book not closed on OSU yet until you guys win your lawsuit against ESPN (I haven't heard one way or the other who's favored to win that battle).
                      No. OSU can produce those documents to the NCAA. In fact, they have to. Producing to the press is a different question. In other words, NCAA probably has seen whatever is relevant.

Of course, given Smith's track record, maybe he would hide documents from the NCAA that he knows he's going to have to give to ESPN anyway. Heh. I wouldn't put it past him!

Comment

• OP:

I hope you stick around longer after the game, too! Should be a fun time for all.

Comment

• Ohio's penalty is for administration involvement and the failure to notify the NCAA of any incidents, not the actual incidents of players receiving extra benefits.

NCAA cares only a little if players receive extra benefits, they care a ton if you know about it, lie about it and cover it up like what was routine in Columbus.
                          Last edited by WM Wolverine; December 20, 2011, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• The word is that it's about DiGeronimo, WM. Not Tressel. They considered DiGeronimo more than a "booster" but an "insider" -- whatever that means. They were in the clear with Tressel (no FtM).

Comment

• Of course, Alabama & OSU are my must games next season. Actually Doug & Jeff left early at my behest, at the time I had a serious medical condition that temporarily limited my time out in the cold. Eventually surgery remedied things, you guys were gracious hosts.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 20, 2011, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• Excellent. Well, I'm sure a good time will be had by all.

Delaney's B10 CG boondoggle takes another hit! Heh. The Leaders "winner" is going to stink.

Comment

Working...
                                X