Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Withers, hopefully, will also help OSU land Jamal Marcus. IMO, he's a very good hire regardless. But that would be a nice little cherry on top.

Can't wait for the "dead period" to end and for UFM to really get back on the warpath.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It will be nice to see Hoke and Mattison getting back on the trail again, too. Especially when they come back in January with a Sugar Bowl victory behind them. That will be impressive as they and the rest of the staff head out onto the recruiting trail, and into prospective players' living rooms.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Eh. If you say. I guess it will be nice for M fans if M can manage to double their BCS Bowl win total. I think recruits are more impressed with countless other things, though.

I am curious to see how the M and OSU classes finish up. It was unthinkable to me that OSU would put together a class as good or better than M in 2012, but UFM has worked some miracles. I suspect those finishes will be influenced, in part, by who can poach PSU recruits better. Heh. And, of course, 2013 is going to jaw-dropping. It might even be jaw-dropping good by the end of February.

Comment

• And you're gonna lose that bowl game. You will never measure up to Michigan, no matter how hard you cheat. You will never have our respect.

Comment

• Yes, yes. Everyone wants to be Michigan. We all know the meme.

You should visit Columbus next year with OP and Buchanan (and Doug). It would be fun. Seriously. (painfully cliche, rote ad hominem attack on how horrible Columbus is to sure follow, I know).

Comment

• Can't wait for the "dead period" to end and for UFM to really get back on the warpath.
              There is no "dead period" for Meyer, as I witnessed this first hand. A few years ago I attended a Gators practice at FAU campus in Boca Raton as they readied to play Oklahoma for the MNC. Anyway, Meyer stopped by to survey a group of fans that had gathered off field, I was among them standing next to a HUGE potential recruit.

As Urban approached he immediately recognized the OL and began recruiting him to attend Florida relentlessly. After a few minutes of chit chat, Meyer abruptly stated "wait a minute, I am not supposed to be talking to you" which was met with raucous laughter from the dozen or so partisan attendees. Meyer will stop at nothing, makes JT look like Mr. Rogers.

"I want to put my evil inside you."
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 21, 2011, 01:20 PM.
              ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Everyone wants to be Michigan? I dunno about that, but if true I guess it's because the victories aren't hollow. You will never know what it's like to earn your success and that, I suppose, makes being an Ohio fan a far less appealing prospect than being a fan of the Michigan Wolverines. TIMFGS.

Thanks for the invite. I haven't been to Columbus in years, but I recall the schadenfreude being lovely around that time of year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
                  It was OSU's funeral today, RIP.

DSL, why so bitter? You didn't take the Jerry Sandusky /PSU locker room tour again, did you?
                  That would explain a lot. The aftershock of some sort of blunt force trauma is the only possible explanation for why these clowns are still wasting our valuable time with their idiocy.

Comment

• Dr. Saturday. OSU gets off easy:

I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Talent is right that what the NCAA was looking at (only the NOIs), this is about what we should've expected. There were more rumors, allegations, reports from players admitting more improper benefits but those weren't on the table for the NCAA.

Luckily for Ohio, the NCAA didn't believe there was significant knowledge or enabling of OSU administration and coaches of these improper benefits...

Investigation at Auburn troubles me far more, Newton's church was getting condemned till $40k or so magically showed up shortly after his son started to play for Auburn.

Comment

• I'm surprised it's a penalty as stiff as it is. That any Ohio fans are angry about it is a telling commentary on the whole situation. Either way, whatever. We've got our staff and our players and we've got our own narrative, and in some ways their narrative should fuel our narrative. And perhaps, if we're lucky, The Ballad of Brionte Dunn will provide Michigan with some additional recruiting advantages once a few more verses of that epic are written. It'll help with recruits when they all know which staff will say anything to them and which staff isn't doing that.

Comment

• It upsets Meyer's applecart and I like that, it would have been nice to smack the excrement out of LukeWarm (6-6) for a couple of seasons right up until his firing but whatever.

Arms Race goes to "Def Con 5" next season.
                          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Most OSU folks I've talked to are fine with the sanctions. They understand it's within the reasonable range of penalties OSU could have received. Could have better; could have been worse. Gene Smith is the object of ire amongst OSU faithful; not the NCAA.

As far as I can tell, some OSU people were mad; some fans of opposing teams were mad. If you're pissing people off on both sides, you're probably close to where you should be. Personally, I'm in the F Gene Smith and his incompetence camp. More importantly, I'm in the "the future is really, really bright" camp, too.

Arms Race goes to "Def Con 5" next season
                            If M isn't at Defcon 5 right now, M is losing ground.

Comment

• 47 -34, really?

Long live Gene Smith, equal opportunity never looked so bright.

Comment

• 47 -34, really?
                                I haven't a clue what 47-34 is. Are you actually silly enough to count the "TD" that wasn't scored AND the FG they scored on the same drive? Ah, the wondrous 10 point drive. Those are awesome!

Anyway, I suspect that will be the last 6-6 OSU team M will play in a looooonnnng time. Congrats on the narrow win.

Comment

Working...
                                X