Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 14 points, two TD's reversed calls of on-field officials in total sum, parse it as you will, 10 is fair in terms of point differential. Net reality is twice late in the 4th OSU's back is broken, no HAIL MARY BS, GAME OVER.

Next fall will be awesome! Have not been able to say that in a long, long time.
    Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 21, 2011, 06:30 PM.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The sanctions in the long run, are just a minor bump in the road. The only real effect on OlieO's program will be the effective loss of 3 players each year. They will still have 82 players on scholarship in each of the three years. That's not a really big deal. When you contrast that with losing 2-3 scholarships in a BASKETBALL program, then you see how miniscule their penalty is. It will be easily absorbed, and I predict there will be no adverse effect on their program at all.

The postseason/bowl ban is a "meh". OlieO will still receive all their television money, all their home gate money, all their road gate money, and their 1/11th share of bowl revenue earned by the rest of the Big Ten bowl participants. So, the financial penalty isn't even pocket change, when compared to the money that OlieO has access to.

OlieO will lose out on a few bowl practices (what is it, 15?) that other bowl participants will be able to have, and they will miss out on an actual game appearance, but in the grand scheme, its like a steam roller running over an ant. Not even noticeable.

Overall, OlieO got away pretty easy. The only adverse effect is that the lost the Vest, who is pretty much deified in OlieO. I imagine most Ohioans still consider him a man of honesty and integrity, and would gladly accept him back on the sidelines tomorrow, if it were possible.

The forfeited games are a "meh". The games were played, there was a score, there was a win/loss, and it is what it is. Its a completely empty gesture.

All in all, OlieO fans should be quite happy about the outcome.
      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• The goal of every college football team is to win Michigan's respect. I'm sure every fan around the country feels the same way.

That many a Michigan fan feels that should genuinely be the goal of every team gives you an insight into the humility of your typical "Michigan Man"

Comment

• The postseason/bowl ban is a "meh". OlieO will still receive all their television money, all their home gate money, all their road gate money, and their 1/11th share of bowl revenue earned by the rest of the Big Ten bowl participants. So, the financial penalty isn't even pocket change, when compared to the money that OlieO has access to.
          Is that true, Liney? I thought the B10 might have a rule about collecting bowl revenue if you're on probation.

Anyway, the loss of OSU from the pot reduces the B10's chance at a 2nd BCS Bowl -- for next season, rather significantly, IMO.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The goal of every college football team is to win Michigan's respect. I'm sure every fan around the country feels the same way

Not really.

I think most Michigan fans would find a bit more respect for OlieO if it respected itself, and its legacy, a lot more than it does now.

Comment

• Is that true, Liney? I thought the B10 might have a rule about collecting bowl revenue if you're on probation.
              Maybe they do. I didn't see it mentioned anywhere among the sanctions, so I figured that it was unaffected.

Comment

• Dunn will enroll early.

Vrabel has made the cut and will be on the staff. Says a lot about his love for the job; he had millions and is willing to pull the hours UFM expects from assistants.

Good news all around.

Comment

• Yep. Good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                    The goal of every college football team is to win Michigan's respect.
                    It certainly is among the goals for Ohio, but now you will never have it. You took yourself out of the race. Now you can't win -- when you beat UM everyone will know you cheated anyways. And when you lose it will sting even more, since everyone knows you cheat and still can't beat Michigan. It's been, what, 15 years since you beat Michigan fair and square. You are inferior. And always will be.

Comment

• Heh. He's so easily riled and reduced to fatuity. Nice work, Strangelove. Or should I say -- Puppet Master?

Comment

• Or girlfriend?
                        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• LOL @ fatuity; good word. Resorting to that sorta thing is all you can do, however, cause you know it's true. You are inferior.

Comment

• Or girlfriend?
                            Heh. Maybe, OP.

So, "insiders" on-line chat for Scout site -- sweet jesus does the BoT hate Smith. I can't see him lasting much longer. WoooOOOT! Apparently, a fellow named Jeff Kaplan is lined up (OSU exec type).

I guess when you tell the BoT on numerous occasions that a bowl ban "is not on the table", they get a bit pissed when, well, you get a bowl ban.

Comment

• Horses left the barn long ago. I am sure Meyer wants a clean slate but not sure if Gee approves, might look better if he retires no?
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 21, 2011, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Of course. Yes. Smith is going to "retire" -- much like Tressel "retired".

Gee will survive. I doubt he's even in any sort of peril. It wasn't his job to handle NCAA issues.

Comment

Working...
                                X