Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other tidbits:

"If OSU offers Perkins, he commits on the spot." But, apparently, he has academic work to do. He's also Plan B for UFM, apparently behind Cam Williams and Jamal Marcus. Interesting.

Also, one insider not overly optimistic about Diamond -- "he loves every visit" -- but, then again, "he has to commit somewhere."
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
      Heh. He's so easily riled and reduced to fatuity. Nice work, Strangelove. Or should I say -- Puppet Master?
      The hope and light of the victory in November was snuffed out rather quickly by Urban's hire and the lack of a "deserved crushing" of our program. Some minds have snapped more readily than others and little more than a quivering mass of righteous indignation is left behind.

Comment

• No doubt about it; the impact was muted. It definitely felt a little less than euphoric and certainly the blow was cushioned for you guys. It doesn't take a degree from a real university to know that the whole thing comes off as a little bit unjust and to conclude that if sports programs were subject to karma yours would implode. You are now the metaphor for all that is wrong in the sport. You're not smart enough to feel an appropriate level of shame over that, so we'll see how good you feel about yourselves when we come into town and beat your sorry cheating asses though. No win is ever going to feel as good for you now because everybody know you can't win without cheating, and every loss is going to hurt more than it otherwise would. It's going to feel even more empty when you're looking for another coach in five years.

Comment

• It's going to feel even more empty when you're looking for another coach in five years.
          It may be even less than that.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Depends on whether he has an obvious successor to Miller, IMO.

Comment

• Hey .. do not doubt the mighty Urban.

Shoot, I've heard that the man has commitments from children conceived in their mother's womb just last night ... five star "can't miss" types ... that 2028 class is going to be exciting!
              "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Look, he's not screwing those students just for the fun of it obviously. There are benefits for the football program and fans ought to thank him for jeopardizing his family life.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                  if sports programs were subject to karma yours would implode. You are now the metaphor for all that is wrong in the sport. You're not smart enough to feel an appropriate level of shame over that
                  That pretty much sums it up. And that's just with the small tip of the iceberg that was exposed. 90% of the cheating and lying that goes on at Ohio State never even came to light. The entire culture there is much like the SEC--winnings is justification for doing pretty much anything.

I have to hand it to them though. To manage to go out and hire someone even more full of BS and less genuine that Tressel is quite an accomplishment.

Comment

• Nice work Hack.
                    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamie H View Post
                      That pretty much sums it up. And that's just with the small tip of the iceberg that was exposed. 90% of the cheating and lying that goes on at Ohio State never even came to light. The entire culture there is much like the SEC--winnings is justification for doing pretty much anything.
                      OSU is worse than an SEC team. The SEC attitude is "if you ain't cheatin', you ain't tryin'". They aren't deluded. OSU has a cheating culture but they won't admit it, and they genuinely think that they just got screwed even though their coach got caught cheating red-handed, worse than any other coach in a generation.
                      Last edited by Hannibal; December 22, 2011, 08:16 AM.

Comment

• Heh, Strangelove gets the clowns a dancin' again! I have to concede, he's good.

It's sort of funny (and sad) to see you boys making shit up on the fly. But, honestly, I expect nothing less on this forum. The fear is palpable and delicious.

Anyway: serious question for the forum -- do guys actually want legitimate info on Ohio State (some of it from "insiders"/premium), or is this just a place to put your obsession on display?
                        Last edited by iam416; December 22, 2011, 09:04 AM.

Comment

• Why is the Urban Fryer shirking responsibility? He calls his own plays, has two DC's on staff but is afraid to coach the Gator? Matters not, as the sitting HC is free to send the janitor in his stead to Jacksonville but fully understand you will own your first loss as HC at OSU.

Perhaps we have another Kim Jong Il, "state secret" on our hands?

?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Honestly, that's even more retarded than the 47-34 thing...which still makes zero sense.

Anyway, it seems this thread is back to its "standard" fare. Too bad.

Comment

• Oh I see, we've been waiting for almost a year for justice and now on a freshly rendered verdict we have an excessive celebration flag thrown by the OSU fan? Incredulous.
                              Last edited by Optimus Prime; December 22, 2011, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Feel free to obsess/celebrate all you want. I know it's been a painful decade for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X