Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10-6 is not pathetic
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• They didn't end up with a better coach. Tressell was a friggin amazing coach and there was no unsavory behavior to which he wouldn't stoop. Meyer's a great coach and certainly cut from the same cloth, and Ohio certainly has the worst karma of any football program ever for lucking into him at this point. But Tressell was an exceptionally good cheater, Meyer's not necessarily a long-term solution and even the doddering old version of Lloyd beat Meyer. Meyer also had Tebow for most of his time at Florida, and Tebow is proving to be, somehow, an exceptionally special player. And Meyer doesn't have any sort of mystical hold over Michigan, as Tressell did. We now have confirmation that it was the unfair advantage that comes with cheating, but Michigan no longer has to slay that beast -- it killed itself and Michigan can move on in this new era. Meyer is going to have to beat us without a lot of the advantages Tressell had, and therefore he's not going to have a decade of dominance. He's not even going to be around for a decade.

Comment

• Typically bowl bans = no transfer penalties for anybody who won't be bowl eligible in their senior season.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
          They didn't end up with a better coach. Tressell was a friggin amazing coach and there was no unsavory behavior to which he wouldn't stoop. Meyer's a great coach and certainly cut from the same cloth, and Ohio certainly has the worst karma of any football program ever for lucking into him at this point. But Tressell was an exceptionally good cheater, Meyer's not necessarily a long-term solution and even the doddering old version of Lloyd beat Meyer. Meyer also had Tebow for most of his time at Florida, and Tebow is proving to be, somehow, an exceptionally special player. And Meyer doesn't have any sort of mystical hold over Michigan, as Tressell did. We now have confirmation that it was the unfair advantage that comes with cheating, but Michigan no longer has to slay that beast -- it killed itself and Michigan can move on in this new era. Meyer is going to have to beat us without a lot of the advantages Tressell had, and therefore he's not going to have a decade of dominance. He's not even going to be around for a decade.
          1) Deliberately refer to THE Ohio State University as "Ohio" because you think this irritates the THE Ohio State University fanbase? Check
          2) Deliberately misspell Tressel's name? Check
          3) Chalk up Tressel's outstanding record entirely to cheating? Check
          4) Hint that Meyer won't be long at OSU? Check
          5) Hint that Meyer's past success is owed entirely to Tebow or his assistants like Mattison? Check
          6) Refer back to LLLLLLoyd's win over Florida in 2007 as being evidence that Michigan will beat Meyer while completely ignoring that it was a Mattison-coached defense that was shredded that day? Check

You've hit all the right notes and Michigan Man memes in a mere paragraph of sewage. Well played, sir

Comment

• Ohio's program can't beat Michigan's without cheating. It hasn't in more than a decade. Reality or meme -- the word you use to describe it doesn't make it go away. You are inferior.

Comment

• DeluSionaL? Check.

Comment

• Well, lets look at these a bit closer.

1) Deliberately refer to THE Ohio State University as "Ohio" because you think this irritates the THE Ohio State University fanbase? Check
                IMO, its mission accomplished. Talent already refers to you guys as the "Bobcats", so there's got to be just a tad of irritation there. Ergo, mission accomplished.

2) Deliberately misspell Tressel's name? Check
                Meh. One "L" .. two "L's" ... such a small deal.

3) Chalk up Tressel's outstanding record entirely to cheating? Check
                Excellent parsing there, sir. "Entirely" to cheating. So, even you must believe that Tressel's reign included cheating. Don't run from the truth, DSL ...

4) Hint that Meyer won't be long at OSU? Check
                Meyer was coach at Bowling Green for two (2) years. He was coach at Utah for two (2) years. He was coach at Florida for five (5) years, and that would have been reduced to four (4) had he stayed "retired". So, his track record for longevity at one place isn't too good. I'll be surprised if he's there five years from now. Especially if he loses 3 or more games to Michigan. And that is entirely possible.

5) Hint that Meyer's past success is owed entirely to Tebow or his assistants like Mattison? Check
                Well, Mattison certainly deserves some credit for getting a MNC for Florida. And Florida hasn't been the same since the Great Tebow departed. So, both mssrs. Mattison and Tebow definitely had quite a large impact on Mr. Meyer's success at Florida. Of that, there is no doubt.

6) Refer back to LLLLLLoyd's win over Florida in 2007 as being evidence that Michigan will beat Meyer while completely ignoring that it was a Mattison-coached defense that was shredded that day? Check
                Meh. Mattison couldn't strap on a helmet and go out on the field to lead the defense. All he could do then, and do now for Michigan, is to prepare the kids as well as possible. Florida didn't seem too motivated that day, and that ultimately falls upon the shoulders of the head coach. And if he doesn't prepare his new team properly, they will also fall to the Wolverines.

... but he will NEVER allow his guys to be unprepared for Michigan, now will he?
                Last edited by lineygoblue; December 28, 2011, 12:50 AM.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Talent already refers to you guys as the "Bobcats", so there's got to be just a tad of irritation there. Ergo, mission accomplished
                  LMAO. I think "Ohio" is hilariously weak but, at the same time, remarkably flattering. Hoke knows who owns M and is rightly obsessed with them.

You kind folks made my point for me on the other thread by mocking how weak "Bobcats" was. Heh. I found that hilarious, too. It's always so much more fun to get other people to make your point for you.
                  Last edited by iam416; December 28, 2011, 08:21 AM.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Bowl ban for '11 would've hurt your recruiting for '12 a lot more than a bowl ban that was just announced will hurt your '12 recruiting class.
                    WM--I'm not sure how this is possibly true unless you're talking about a self-imposed bowl ban. Even then, it's probably not true. A self-imposed bowl ban for 2011 and an NCAA bowl ban for 2012 would both have negligble impact on OSU.

The timing thing -- well, one way to look at is that OSU got to secure most of its class (and will add some good ones after it, too). But if they had it OSU earlier, then it's even better for OSU b/c it's a 2011 ban and nothing in 2012.

I'll be surprised if he's there five years from now. Especially if he loses 3 or more games to Michigan. And that is entirely possible.
                    Reality is going to be a bear for some M fans. Woof.

As for the rest of the nonsense from your fine "Michigan Men," heh, wow....if irrationality is a measure of fear, I've never seen a fanbase more petrified of a coach. God, I love the future of OSU football!

Comment

• I love it too!

Comment

• I can't speak for the entire "fan base" of Michigan, but for this fan, I don't fear Mr. Meyer any more than I feared Mr. Fickell.

Reality is going to be a bear for some M fans.
                        I think its a huge mistake for Michigan's fan base to blow Mr Meyer up into some kind of unbeatable football coaching machine that will toy with Michigan like a cat does with a mouse.

And, I think its just as big a mistake, if not moreso, for the OlieO fan base to look at Mr. Meyer in the same way. If this is the expectation for Mr Meyer in Columbus, then reality is going to be a bear for OlieO fans as well.

I think the future of Michigan football under Coach Hoke is in the best hands its been in since Schembechler retired, and for me, that's very exciting. Coach Hoke and his staff have brought a new energy to Michigan football, and a new focus that will make Michigan a formidable opponent from now on. I think Coach Hoke is not only going to be tough on Saturdays from September thru November, but will also be tough in everything else he's required to do from December thru August. We haven't had that in a long time.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I love the present AND future of UM football!
                          Atlanta, GA

Comment

• I think its a huge mistake for Michigan's fan base to blow Mr Meyer up into some kind of unbeatable football coaching machine that will toy with Michigan like a cat does with a mouse.
                            I think it will be a painful mistake for M fans to downgrade UFM's abilities and accomplishments. But, think of him as you will. I'm not all that interested in changing your low opinion of UFM. Time will take care of that. Until then, a rather pointless endeavor.

Comment

• I'll believe Hoke is what some think he is when he gets a streak going again against osu.

Thus, the jury is still out until around 6PM, the 24th of November, 2012.

One thing I will give HokeMattison credit for now is their potential for landing some big time recruits going forward. If the turnaround from 2010 to 11 with respect to player performance is an indicator, the entire staff has the ability to motivate and develop players far exceeding anything M has had in a decade, maybe more.
                              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Tim Hinton will be OSU's TE coaches. He was at ND. Another Ohio guy.

That leaves O-Line coach to be filled. Fingers crossed that it's Studrawa, but won't know for two weeks, I guess.

Comment

Working...
                                X