Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome lionrawr.

You have two OlieO fans here with you. Dr. Strangelove and iam416 are your fellow bucknuts. Our biggest rule with OlieO fans is that you keep any smack talk here in your own dedicated thread. You can post in the other threads, with the understanding that you are posting amongst a majority of Michigan fans. We're probably not going to see things the same way the average OlieO fan sees them.

Other than that, welcome and enjoy.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Yours truly (aka Frank Grimes) snuck in with a 2nd place finish....and on the 'booby' prize entry based on my disastrous 24th place finish in the regular season standings to boot!

Spike your Dad just left Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale to "float around the Caribbean and get fat" as he puts it cruise! Yeah, after 15 weeks in the regular, I was 20 points behind in 2nd, didn't want the Bowl Contest to end up the same way, tried to build an early lead, well-researched heavy confidence points, of course it backfired. Oh well, next season!

For example, SDSU beaten by Lafayette, no time left, 51 yard field goal!?! Took my 33 pts with them.
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 13, 2012, 02:42 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Yeah, but SDSU was a 4' point favorite. You were hosed in that game when SDS didn't get the 2pt conversion making OT an impossibility.

Onward to OSU news, here is my predicted finish -- and it's hard b/c I think UFM could take a number of players -- e.g., I'm not sure Reeves is a "need"...anywho...

Taylor Decker
        Camren Williams
        Kyle Dodson
        Armani Reeves
        Davonte Neal
        Bam Bradley (as an WLB)

I wish they had 5 more spots, but such is life.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• I know, SDSU still would not have covered, they lost it earlier in the match, just saying they had no business losing the game, period. Or regular season for me, Michigan scores "twice" on the same drive, both TD's overturned, "fails" to cover by .5 pt, took my 25 game confidence points away and first place too.

The FIESTA Bowl cost my brother second, he lost 33 pts on the game and 2nd place overall ultimately by 8 pts.

Last, Why Urban, why?
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• The FIESTA Bowl cost my brother second, he lost 33 pts on the game and 2nd place overall ultimately by 8 pts.
            Gotta do a complete "what if" -- I'm not sure how much Sean had on that game -- I know he had Okie State, too...if he had them for 26, then your brother wouldn't have passed him. Of course, the winner had Stanford and fairly big. So, it's likely that your brother would have WON if Okie State covered....I'll do the "what if" tonight...heh

Comment

• Sure there are several permutations, be sure to drink plenty of beer. Placing 30 -35 points on Alabama would have won it for the top - 3.

I wanted LSU to win but I knew Alabama would likely prevail. Beat a serious Conference rival twice in one season, while both teams ranked in top 5? Tall order...no surprise.
              Last edited by Optimus Prime; January 13, 2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• The website has a great "what if" feature. Should take 2 seconds. I will, nonetheless, consume my fair share of lager.

Comment

• I lost 29 on the Okie/Stanford game. I don't count Clemson, actually, because it was kind of a wash for the top entries, I think.

Haven't done the math, but I'm pretty sure if the Stanford game goes my way, I'm the winner. I'm still pleased with the finish, and the payout! As talent would say...'woot'.

Prime, glad you got to visit with Dad and Ann. He loves his cruises, that's for sure!

Comment

• Yes, he needed LSU to win as well that would have given him 4 more, putting over the top. You had 23 on LSU, he had 27....as mentioned early in the season, makes CFB & Bowls a little extra special!

Comment

• Correct. Sean wins if poke TD isnt reversed. Interestingly, 5th place, an Irish fan, wins if ND covers.

Comment

• Had my little brother run the "what if" from his user ID, the following results post, simply by having Okie St. Cover, Frank Grimes took Stanford. "Call Of Duty" wins by 1.

No. Username Points TieDif Win%
                        1 CALLOFDUTY 451 6.0 57.1
                        2 FRANK_GRIMES 450 9.0 68.6
                        3 SMOLNAR 429 4.0 65.7
                        4 LSWIGER 429 16.0 68.6
                        5 MCCLELLAN22 415 13.0 57.1
                        6 DOOKSUCKS! 409 20.0 62.9
                        7 THE PRIME 405 10.0 65.7

Comment

• Grimes had Okie State for 29:

1. FRANK_GRIMES 459
                          2. CALLOFDUTY455
                          3. LSWIGER433
                          4. SMOLNAR424

Comment

• Oh I see Grimes did take Okie St., too bad.

Comment

• Whoever coined the phrase "crime does not pay" never shared that information with Ohio.

Ohio State won't be putting any money into the Big Ten's bowl bank account in 2012. It will be withdrawing around $400,000.

In other news, Poles up-in-arms and gunnin' for Gee!

The president of Ohio State University apologized Friday for comparing the problem of coordinating the school's many divisions to the Polish army, an off-the-cuff remark that a Polish-American group called a "slanderous" display of bigotry and ignorance.

Comment

• Man what a douchebag representing THE OSHITU. You would think that the good people who are alums of THE OSHITU would demand his resignation for all the times he's embarrassed them. Oh...wait...we're talking about THE OSHITU alums...Never mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X