Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you James Tressel.
    ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
      Thank you James Tressel.

No...thank you Urban Meyer. If given the luxury of the choice, I'd take Greenberry over Neal, but there isn't a land-slide fall-off there. Two different types of receivers...but whatever. We don't have the luxury of a choice...

...hell, I don't even know that we get Neal.

Comment

• Well, the whole story is based on Mike Farrell. Neal's father is saying it's not true. Meh, whatever.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• 0-1 as a head coach and now he is at risk from getting shanked by recruits he screwed over. No way to start, DSL why?
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            THIS, btw, is a classic example of the difference b/t the SEC and the B10. Goddammit.
            He is still planning to cut three guys.
            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Clash:

Really good OSU insider confirms that UFM feels like they only have 1 spot left, and they're "all in" on Diggs. Risky gambit. So, Neal is back on the block. Good luck.

Comment

• Apparently, UFM feels that Neal is a more fungible player while Diggs is a true elite talent. And they're not going to risk a "hard" decision to get to 82 for Neal. Meh.

I will defer to UFM, but I really like Neal. Diggs is better, but I'd take Neal in a heartbeat. Damn those infernal pre-UFM offers, especially at WR. Bah. Heh.
                Last edited by iam416; February 1, 2012, 09:28 PM. Reason: .

Comment

• Sounds like Tressel will be taking some sort of academic-side job at the U of Akron

Comment

• "academic job and Tressel" Boy now that's an oximoron!

Comment

• "Ethics, Morality & Religion" 101. Although the class is listed in the course guide, you will never find the actual room number where it is allegedly being taught by Tressel.

Comment

• Coach in waiting.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Administrative position. Good for Coach Tressel.

In the meantime, never in all my days have I ever seen Ohio State telling anyone "no" on NLOID. Wow. New sheriff in town.

Comment

• The lady doth protest too much methinks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                              Sounds like Tressel will be taking some sort of academic-side job at the U of Akron
                              DSL,
                              Appears the new Colts coach was not going to make the same mistake as the old coach, so Tressel was let go. Too dangerous to have a guy on staff who is gunnin' for the HC job.

Anyway, possible solution to Tressel's employment woes but it will take the exploitation of some scarlet & gray areas of NCAA regulation, no problem for Gee & Smith as they are masterful at gaming the system......I really don't see this as an impediament.

Specifically, Tressel should be hired as the offcial OSU Football Team Chaplan. Perhaps he has already been to Seminary School or at the very least he appears to be a published authoritarian in matters of the Cloth. Besides, Pope Urban (with his connections) could have him ordained with ease.

Why not , a Chapel setup at the Shoe that way he can still be "coaching the team" but now only on spiritual matters...besides there are many souls to be saving in your football program.

Take it for a test drive:

"Forgive me father Tressel for I have sinned." "Me too son, me too."

Last edited by Optimus Prime; February 2, 2012, 08:57 AM.

Comment

• LOL @ ``scarlet and gray areas''.

Comment

Working...
                                X