Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He said that there were illegalities in addition to just poaching recruits, so I figured there had to be something more. If he was wrong then, yeah, it was very wise for him to STFU.

Comment

• Of note in the the Rivals 250 (at least the very top part of it):

#103 Shelton Gibson
      #106 Tra'von Chapman
      #116 Elijah Daniel
      #119 Tim Kimbrough
      #130 Billy Price
      #136 Malik Zaire

Caleb Day is the lower 100s.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Certain aspects of how it's not been done in the Big Ten should be preserved. Others, not a big deal.

Comment

• What I heard from the Wisky side was contacting of recruits during the no-contact period.

Comment

• The "gentleman's agreement" is a myth. If it ever existed, it was gone well before Meyer was even hired. Wisconsin, Sparty, PSU, they've all kept pursuing kids that had verballed elsewhere. And for what it's worth, these same bitching whiners have been complaining about Hoke as well. I suppose those are all just lies and bitter envy from lazy rivals...the things the same people say about The Pope though, well, you can take their word for it: he's dirty!!

Bielema mouthed off before knowing all the facts. That's why neither Delaney nor Alvarez gave him any public support.

Comment

• well the Pope is just like Lebron, he's an easy target

Comment

• When did Bielma complain about Hoke cheating? Did I miss that?
                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think DSL is using Hoke's support of the Pope that there was no gentleman's agreement, to conclude that Hoke must be doing the same things the Pope is.

Comment

• Nobody complained about Hoke cheating because he doesn't. He does things the "Michigan Way" - with class, honor, and integrity; values ufm and his ilk can only dream of.
                    And don't give me any of that horseshit about PracticeGate; that was a f'ing joke.

Business as usual in Cessbus, back to normalcy; carry on.
                    Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• People have complained that Hoke contacts guys that have verballed elsewhere. There was a story about it in the past couple weeks about how Hoke is pretty much aligned with Urban on this issue.

PB- What is Urban doing exactly other than working his ass off recruiting, which apparently is an "illegal practice" according to Bielema?

Still waiting to hear some evidence. It's been weeks and Bielema has produced bupkis and had his own AD publicly rebuke him.

Comment

• Michigan coach Brady Hoke, who took over the Wolverines prior to last season, agreed with Meyer that going after a rival's commits is fair.

"It's competitive, that's what it is," Hoke told NBC. "There's no NCAA legislation about it. It's part of it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                          PB- What is Urban doing exactly other than working his ass off recruiting, which apparently is an "illegal practice" according to Bielema?

Still waiting to hear some evidence. It's been weeks and Bielema has produced bupkis and had his own AD publicly rebuke him.
                          I am not claiming he has done anything illegal and I not aware of any evidence against Meyer at Ohio or in Florida.

I think I have been on record saying that my impression of Bielema's comments is that they were from a man who is feeling a sense of desperation that Wisky's periodic BCS bowl appearances are coming to an end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
                            People have complained that Hoke contacts guys that have verballed elsewhere. There was a story about it in the past couple weeks about how Hoke is pretty much aligned with Urban on this issue.

who complained? They complained about Meyer. Not Hoke.
                            To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• In other news....

But in the comments........

Optimus Prime has spoken
                              How the phuck did they fit so many retards inside the state of Michigan ?!

Comment

• Washington Post claims Diggs to Maryland, announcement at 5pm. I thought Kiffin had his hooks into Diggs, didn't his father play for USC as well?

The two-time All-Met, as expected, says he’ll play for Maryland. He is the highest-rated recruit to play for the Terps in years. All-Met Defensive Player of the Year will be the highest-rated recruit to play for Maryland in years.
                                ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

Working...
                                X