Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need to stop letting guys do that.

Comment

• I'm glad for him. He always sounded like OSU was his dream. Good luck young man.
      Proper sentiment, SLF. Nicely done.

Eli Woodard will announce on Thursday. He's a Buckeye. Zero surprise. That will give UFM a really nice start to his DB class, which desperately needs quality/numbers.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Woodard is a Buckeye. The DB class is off to a good start. And can't really argue with 3 top 41 (heh) guys signed up already.

Comment

• 247 updated its top 100 for 2013 today (http://247sports.com/Recruit/Top-247)

Ohio State's early class:

Jalin Marshall #6 (247); #41 (Rivals)
          Cam Burrows #33 (247); #7 (Rivals)
          Eli Woodard #81 (247); #28 (Rivals)
          Billy Price #200 (247); #130 (Rivals)

Shelton Gibson (WR) should commit this weekend. #87 (247); #103 (Rivals).

Solid start. Price brings down the average a bit. Hopefully the likes of Jaylon Smith, Robert Foster and Ethan Pocic can make that up a bit.

Comment

• Camren Williams' father speaks out about his son switching from Penn State to OSU. Take it for what it's worth:

Q: Urban Meyer has been criticized for his “SEC-style” recruiting tactics. What was your experience with Meyer given that you have one son at a major college program and two boys headed to another?

BW: What is this SEC style? I am not sure. One thing I will mention: Urban and the Ohio State staff are very professional. After the Penn State scandal broke, coaches from the Big Ten and outside the Big Ten called us to try to recruit Camren and Armani. Many of the messages that were left were unprofessional, and we did not return the calls.

The two schools that stood out were Ohio State and Michigan. Both conducted the process very professionally. While other schools were badmouthing and saying awful things about Joe Paterno, OSU and UM did not.

Mike Vrabel called the high school head coach and asked if there was any interest from our part. Told the coach that OSU was looking for linebackers and wanted to see if Camren was interested, and if he was, to give him a call.

That was it. OSU was upfront from the beginning.

Was OSU doing anything illegal? Definitely not! They were very respectful of the Penn State situation, did not badmouth Joe Paterno and were so professional that they were one of the few schools we called back. I cannot say the same thing about other Big Ten coaches who called us.

Comment

• What did you expect the father to say about the school his son went to (as he makes it rain with c-notes)?

C'mon, even you can't be that obtuse.
              Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Well, yeah, I expected that response. I was hoping that his praise for Michigan would temper the "can't expect this guy to tell the TRUTH!!!" talk

Comment

• Dsl... That was the part that told me it was BS. Hoke doesn't use a phone... He uses a Pterodactylus..
                  Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Great win by YOUR MICHIGAN WOLVERINES!

Thanks for the visit, team in red.

Comment

• Thanks for the visit, team in red.
                      Yeah, now please get the frack out of our state. US 23 South. Use it.
                      "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Heh, great win for Michigan, heh. Don't know how OSU,heh, didn't, heh, win the BT, heh, by 3 games, heh.

Comment

• Woot
                          Repugnant is the creature who would squander the ability to lift an eye to heaven, conscious of his fleeting time here.

Comment

• Wooooooot!!!

Comment

• The disappearance of William Buford has really surprised me. He's been generally AWOL for the entire B10 season and has been routinely outplayed by dogshit players like, e.g., Stu Douglass.

The bottom line for this team, currently, is they're aren't very good. At all. They can't score consistently. They will get run in the NCAA by a team that is scoring...could be as early as the first round. Probably won't be later than the S16. Maybe Buford finds his game over the next 3 weeks, but I'm not holding my breath.

Also, a weirdly ref'd game.

Comment

• You guys need someone to be a threat from distance, you don't have anybody that stops your opposition from doubling Sullinger from an outside player...

M is far from perfect too, they lack exactly what Ohio has; a big inside player who can open up room for M's shooters. Morgan gets most of his buckets from assists or offensive rebounds, not post-up moves that require a double team.

Comment

Working...
                                X