Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not a lot of people love ABC, but the German Alt IMO is very good. Talent you may be in Saranac range. Saranac isn't talked about enough IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanB View Post
      Concur with Rob on Founders. Good stuff! I've been buying more of it as I find it locally and storing it up in the converted chest freezer. Of course, it doesn't last long. I also recently had a really nice, simple lager from Frankenmuth brewery. Also good.

Locally, I stop by Arbor Brewing Company since they'll fill up my growler half-price on Tuesdays. Their beer may not be as good as some others I've tried, but the price is right if I'm in the mood for a craft beer. The OG in Milan (not sure why people would be in Milan, but who knows!) has good beer, too. They'll fill a corny keg for you for $50 to $60.

And these days, if I go Bourbon for Saturday night racin', I don't make the checkers!
      I saw your comment about Frankenmuth Brewery, I remember them getting destroyed by a tornado years ago (I lived in that general part of the state back then for a couple years). Good to see they've made a comeback, although I'm going to now do a search for their beer or a distributor in SW Michigan that carries their beer---I used to drink it years ago before craft and micro-breweries made it big.

Comment

• Have had Saranac, Hack. I should get it again.

Tracey Sprinkle commits. Staff wants him as an athletic DT. Interesting offer. UFM has zero need to reach on this offer with a great DL class last year, Price on board this year and maybe Bosa, and limited scholarships. They must really like him - more than a lot of other more highly rated kids.
        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Pale Pale Ale -- small-batch but perfect summer ale.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            Ashby's is the hand-dipped ice cream that we chose to go with.

We did so for several reasons. First and foremost, it is made in Ludington Michigan, and all the products they use to make the ice cream are produced right here in Michigan. The milk comes from Michigan farms. They don't use any corn syrup or artificial sweetners in their products. Instead, they use beet sugar, which is grown right here in mid-Michigan. They use strawberries, cherries, blueberries, etc., all grown here in Michigan. Some of the products have to be brought in from other states, (pecans, pineapple, etc.,) but as much as possible, Michigan products are used.

In addition, its probably the best tasting ice cream I've tasted in a long time. I told my dairy broker that I wanted the best tasting product he could find. He recommended Ashby's, even though he supplies several different name brands, some of which are cheaper than Ashby's.

So, we're going with that. Make sure you stop by sometime, and we'll take good care of you. We should be open around May 1st. There have been some delays, but we're getting it done.
            Do you ship?

Comment

• I've had probably 15 different varieties that Saranac puts out thanks to living in upstate NY many years

Comment

• Mac: I probably could ship but if you go to http://www.ashbysicecream.com/locator.asp

you can probably find a shop in your area that sells it. Ashby's is available in most places east of the Mississippi.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Thanks for putting up the link for the locator, Liney. I immediately found a place listed that's in the G.R. area that I've eaten at several times, just never ordered ice cream there.

Still plan on heading over to Liney's Kone 'n Kegger as soon as you get it opened; I'm planning on feasting on 3 scoops and a Schlitz!

Comment

• heh ... you'll have to bring your own Schlitz.. but we'll take care of the ice cream part.
                    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Kind of a 21+ twist on the Vernor's Float.

The Kone And Kegger...maybe you can get tied into the Pure Michigan campaign for some free advertising. I can see it now. Liney the Franchise Baron.
                      “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Every new business should have its own branded logo. No charge for this one Liney...

Last edited by Ghengis Jon; April 18, 2012, 08:59 AM.
                        “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Back to my pointless big board for a moment:

QB: [1]
                          RB: Ezekiel Elliot, [0]
                          Ath/WR: Marshall, [2]
                          OL: Lisle, [2]
                          TE: Baugh, [1]
                          DL: Price, Sprinkle [1]
                          LB: [3]
                          CB: Burrows, Woodard
                          S: Thompson, [1]

The guys I think are most likely to be part of the class at the moment: Bosa, Love, Pocic, Anzalone and Shelton Gibosn. I also, for some reason, think Jaylon Smith will be in.

That leaves 1 QB, 1 WR, 1 OL and 1 DB.

For QB, I think they have a credible shot at JT Barrett with Mitch Trubisky as their second choice.

At WR, I think Treadwell is M, Quick is Louisville and North is Clemson. So, bah.

At OL, could be anyone.

At DB, they have interest from folks, but I dunno. Vonn Bell, I don't see leaving the south. Cravens is all USC. Thomas almost assuredly won't flip. So, bah.

Of course, three weeks ago, I would have said Anzalone is Croc; Bosa is Tide; and Sprinkle doesn't have an "OFFER". The folly of predicting this shit.

Comment

• "Insider" says Bosa is a Buckeye.

Not to short-change what M has done on the DL and OSU has done on the OL, but if you look at M's OL for 2012/13 and OSU's DL for 2012/13 -- scary.

Comment

• Well, JT Barrett is on-board. WoooT! Really like that kid.

Comment

• Also forgot Heuermann as another TE. Barrett was the #1 QB on OSU's board and the only one who had a commitable offer.

Now we'll see if they make a push for Quick.

Comment

Working...
                                X