Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And to take Rob's statement a bit further, its true Michigan had interest in Anzalone, but the player himself never returned Michigan's interest. Hence, the reason for Michigan focusing on other LB's. When the two they really wanted decided to go elsewhere, they shut down LB recruiting for his class.
    "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Apparently DSL wants UM to protect Akron State from itself. Not UM's problem, dude! If you guys want to screw yourselves over with your win-at-all-costs mentality you are more than welcome to do so. We'll sit back and enjoy the show.

Comment

• OlieO fans are so predictable. I love their responses to adversity. Similar responses have appeared here.

Situation: Maurice Clarett turns out to be a crook and ends up in jail.

OlieO fans response: "I can't wait until we play Michigan"

Situation: Bobby Carpenter nearly chokes out Wisconsin's QB

Situation: OlieO DL Will Smith deliberately attempts to break Chris Perry's leg in a game

OlieO fans response: "I can't wait until we play Michigan (again)"

Situation: T. Pryor and buddies sell their gold panties for money and tats

Situation: Jim Tressel lies to cover up T.Pryor and friends rulebreaking

Situation: Jim Tressel is "fired" for covering up T Pryor and friends rulebreaking

Situation: A convicted sex offender is shown to have access to OlieO's football recruits

It would seem to me at this point that the wins over Michigan over the past decade haven't been the panacea that OlieO fans are desirous of. With all those (now somewhat dubious) wins, it would seem that OlieO would be the perfect NCAA football program at this point. Alas, this is very far from the case.

So, maybe Michigan should just allow OlieO to win the upcoming game in November, so that the current trend of foibles within the "flagship" program will continue. Sometimes, its more fun watching those guys fall on their face with the off field stuff, than it is watching us beat them on the field ...

... well, ALMOST ....
        Last edited by lineygoblue; May 7, 2012, 08:11 AM.

Comment

• Well, playing Michigan has been very, very, very, very, very, very, very good to Ohio State in well, football and hoops. That will continue in November.

But, I do enjoy watching the hilarious foolishness from M "men" here. You, Liney, playing no small part.
          Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
          Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• What is, however, a bit disappointing -- though, again, entirely predictable -- is that this thread is now back to being a fetid wasteland courtesy the M boys. I even tried to sneak in some germane, interesting information, but I'm quite certain we're back into the mode where that has zero place here. Oh well.

I'll continue to try.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
              Well, playing Michigan has been very, very, very, very, very, very, very good to Ohio State in well, football and hoops. That will continue in November.

But, I do enjoy watching the hilarious foolishness from M "men" here. You, Liney, playing no small part.
              And again, the "wait until November" mantra appears. Just beat Michigan, and all is well with the world.

Its fine with me if you want to believe that. If OlieO beats our guys in November, I'll take at least a small bit of comfort in the fact that your boys will be handing in their uniforms after the game, while Michigan will be holding bowl practices beginning the following week. And the reason that OlieO will be handing in its uniforms instead of preparing for a bowl game, will be due to its insatiable desire to win one game per year, .. at any cost.

And for my "playing no small part", I will file that comment under the "You can dish it out, but you can't take it" category ... and be done with it...

Comment

• I don't much care where you file it. Unfortunately, I can't block you like, say, Stan. So, I at least have to glance through gems like this:

So, a convicted sex offender has had ready access to OlieO's recruits. And its well known.

Seems like with the situations at Penn State and Syracuse,...is a known sex offender being given favored access to their recruits.
                My cross to bear for trying to keep this thread reasonable and on point.

Comment

• I hope OSU ignores all this crowing from Ann Arbor and continues on with its ways. Up here we'd really miss the entertainment factor if suddenly all the inappropriate behaviours stopped.

Comment

• Up here we'd really miss the entertainment factor if suddenly all the inappropriate behaviours stopped.
                    Exactly. We'd almost have to treat OlieO like Northwestern. Nothing bad ever happens there....

And Talent --- even if you could block me, you wouldn't be able to ignore me for long. Curiosity would get the best of you eventually.

Comment

• Psst, you forgot one.

Situation: Troy Smith $100 handshake

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                        My cross to bear for trying to keep this thread reasonable and on point.
                        You are joking, right?

The purpose of this thread, which, BTW, is on a University of Michigan football board, is to have a special place to mock, exaggerate out of porportion to reality any event that might tend to cast osu football in a bad light and other wise give shit to buckeye fans. We're not here for your news of interest concerning osu football. At least I'm not. I don't give a shit. If it is good news, I particularly don't give a shit.

Now ...... to stay on point. THIS IS a story. It's a story not because it's accurate, meaningful, truthful or anything like that. It's a story just like the kinds of stories M football faced under Rodriguez and PSU is facing over the Sandusky scandal. You call them non-stories. They are not. The Waugh affair tends to cast osu football and ufm in a bad light. I'm all in favor of that.

The brilliance of the Hoke hire is that he's not a lightening rod for bad press. He's an every man. People love him; the press loves him. Rodriguez? Lots of baggage, most of which he created for himself. The press loved that but not in a good way and M suffered a lot because of that realty, not the reality of the Free Press story which was, it turned out, to be the biggest non-story in UM football history.

meyer? We don't know for sure yet but the press is looking for dirt and it seems it's pretty easy to find in c-bus. He's a lightningrod for bad stories ..... at least until he starts winning. I'm willing to grant it's not because the football program is inherently full of bad actors. Still, smith and gee can be a lot like Rodriguez. They can turn nothing into a shit storm when they open their mouths. So, buckeye fans are having to deal with all of that just like M had to deal with Rosenberg and the Free Press, Rodriguez's crying and Josh Grobin. Do I feel bad for osu. No, not in the least.

As far as I'm concerend ..... carry on boys. The sheer entertainment level is pretty good.
                        Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 7, 2012, 01:46 PM.
                        Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Thank you for reaffirming the purpose of this thread. I guess I won't clutter it up any more with pointless facts, information and the like. At the same time, of course, I won't give any back. That inevitably leads to the discussion on forum administration as to whether this thread should be deleted and the various back-and-forth PMs surely discussing the issue. Been there, done that. It should be deleted, btw, as it's wholly useless -- no one wants as an informational thread and the minute it becomes a true smack thread, you guys want to shut it down. If you guys just want to suck each other's dicks, there's a dozen threads for that.

I thought I'd aim for something, well, productive and useful. My mistake.

Carry on with the idiocy, as evidenced above. And please try to keep it out of WM's recruiting thread, which I still find useful and fun.
                          Last edited by iam416; May 7, 2012, 02:04 PM.

Comment

• LOL - right on time with your monthly lament/accurate skewering of the forum culture. Or however often it is that Akron State craps all over itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                              The brilliance of the Hoke hire is that...

...the brilliance of the Hoke hire was confirmed by the outright rejection and ridiculous backlash of Michigan men...that you all actually believe your blatant reversal in hindsight on this forum could be a case-study in homer psyche...

Talent, I'll follow up on Heureman and Smith on the ND thread.

Comment

• Clash is correct, initial thoughts on the Hoke hire weren't overly positive. Missing on Harbaugh (who would've been a HR hire) & Miles (who I never wanted) were thought to be massive mistakes by Dave Brandon.

Comment

Working...
                                X