Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And lol @ Hoke v UFM. No titles of any sort and barely above .500 doesn't deserve mention, in any way, with 2 national titles - 2 more consensus national titles than M has won in the past 65 years!

But, me likey. I enjoy a little chaser of M delusion with the tall boy of M fear. Good times.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tuley-Tillman is the second public rejection of the Buckeyes in the past week, not sure what the Buckeye asslcowns are missing on the latest snub but then again, who really gives a fuck?
      Makes the assjacking come November extra special when Blue heads to a BCS invitation while OSU continues to customarily yank their wires. Must really suck living in the shadow of Michigan greatness.
      Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 27, 2012, 07:43 PM.
      ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• M greatness? Is this 1903? F me.

Comment

• It must be encouraging to have the latest OSU coach go at least five months, "indictment" free? Also glad to see the bloviating ignoramus Bucknut cocktail-hour in full bloom.
          Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 27, 2012, 08:27 PM.
          ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Mr. Talent is really reaching nowadays.

Using the wins that Meyer had at Florida, .. including one over his beloved Schmucknuts, .. as a means bolster the questionable hiring of Meyer... Sounds like the "flagship" needs new scuppers ....

I agree with WM. I don't think Hoke v Meyer will last 10 years. I think Hoke will be at Michigan for 10 years, but I doubt that Meyer will be at OlieO that long. Even the mighty Saint Jim barely hung on for 10 years before his true colors came to light.

I say Meyer is gone in 5 years ... 7 tops ...
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I don't think we'll get a straight answer out of Talent right now, but at another time it would be interesting to see how long he thinks Meyer will be there. I agree -- no way he gets to ten years. For the record, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. You want to have the best coach possible. For us, I still would have taken 5 years of Harbaugh. For OSU last year, and given that matters of human decency aren't a factor there, Meyer was the best choice, even if he's not not going to be a long-term solution.

Comment

• "right now" -- lol -- as if this thread will somehow turn to honest, forthright discussion at some point in the future for, well, the first time....heh

Anywho, I doubt Bama fans would be too pissed with the Saban hire if he left tomorrow. And, unfortunately, he's not. UFM has accomplished more in 5 years at Florida on the national scale than the entire M football program has for the past 65 years. And now you boys genuflect before a man who, on his way to barely topping .500, has never even won a conference title, let alone a national title...lol....lol....

Meanwhile, the only hope for M fans like good ol' Liney is that UFM leaves soon....because they know what will happen when he's there....that's the FEAR talking....
                Last edited by iam416; May 28, 2012, 05:19 AM.

Comment

• Greetings from our nation's capital on this beautiful Memorial Day. I'll be visiting Arlington this morning and back in downtown to see some of the parade this afternoon.

I enjoyed reading the past few days worth of posts. All this bluster and pompous posturing from a program that, admittedly, cheated like crazy during its glory days of Yost (Jeff, without a trace of shame, defends the program by stating "everybody was doing it back then"). Good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    "right now" -- lol -- as if this thread will somehow turn to honest, forthright discussion at some point in the future for, well, the first time....heh

Anywho, I doubt Bama fans would be too pissed with the Saban hire if he left tomorrow. And, unfortunately, he's not. UFM has accomplished more in 5 years at Florida on the national scale than the entire M football program has for the past 65 years. And now you boys genuflect before a man who, on his way to barely topping .500, has never even won a conference title, let alone a national title...lol....lol....

Meanwhile, the only hope for M fans like good ol' Liney is that UFM leaves soon....because they know what will happen when he's there....that's the FEAR talking....
                    This post is a good example. You are easily ruffled and need things to be perfect in every little way your head imagines they should be before you can post like a regular person. Which is not, comparatively speaking, an insult. Some of the others like you can never manage this feat.

Comment

• Obviously spent his formative years locked in a closet. As for the incessant infatuation with Michigan football, understandable not to mention well-documented. However the foolish and all-absorbing passion for Saban is downright creepy.
                      Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 28, 2012, 08:39 AM.

Comment

• Greetings from our nation's capital on this beautiful Memorial Day. I'll be visiting Arlington this morning and back in downtowng to see some of the parade this afternoon.

Word of caution DSL, outside the police fortress that has become DC, the burrows are incredibly violent and dangerous even for those masquerading as an alternative lifestyle Vet or Patriot.
                        Last edited by Optimus Prime; May 28, 2012, 09:19 AM.

Comment

• Urban Meyer hasn't coached game one at OlieO yet, and here Mr Talent Esq. has him winning national titles there, alongside Nick Saban. Its almost sad that a distinguished OlieO fan like Mr. Talent has had to sink to this level. I mean really... using the records of SEC teams and coaches to prop up his hopes and dreams for his beloved Schmucknuts? tsk ... tsk ... tsk .... Woody would be ashamed.

Things have truly "gone south" in Columbus over the past couple years. I mean, literally. Ever since the mighty Jim Tressel's regime went down in the flames of lies and deceit, the poor OlieO fans have had to place their hopes on the shoulders of a former SEC coach who chose to walk away from one of the most talent-laden areas of the country, due to "health reasons" (i.e. his wife was going to kill him if he kept messing with co-eds) and now all their hopes are on him, and his record at Florida. Guys, .. you act like the man won a MNC every year. Reality check ... even Lllllllloyd Carr managed to beat the man, even when he had the world's best football player playing for him ... I mean .. come on, now.

I have no idea what Urban Meyer is going to end up doing at OlieO. I doubt that he is going to string together any MNC's, .. because winning the MNC is a very difficult thing to do for ANY B1G team, .. not just OlieO. If the sainted Jim Tressel could only get one (tainted) MNC in ten years at OlieO, .. there's no way that Meyer is going to exceed that. And, he's not going to be there as long as Saint Jim either ...

So, really. I don't fear the man. There is no reason to fear him.

In all seriousness, .. I would be more concerned had OlieO found a way to bring in someone like Steve Spurrier. The OBC in Columbus running the "fun and gun", and his free-wheeling style of ball would have been very difficult to deal with.

Meyer is bringing in a re-styled spread offense a-la Rich Rodriguez. No need to discuss that.

Comment

• LOL. Personal attacks + FEAR=Happy Memorial Day.

Liney's protestations are particularly precious, though. LOL.

Comment

• You are precious too, Talent.

Have a pleasant day.

Comment

• Oh, I will. It's a great day to be a Buckeye.

Comment

Working...
                                X